Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    @Zito - Actually I was rereading in a different section of his post and he also said "continuing to update and refine our dungeons and fractals" so yes they are actually working on redesigning dungeons as well

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Finally they grew a brain and will delete magic find from the game, about time.
    Only Magic Find on gear is going away. It will still be an account bonus you can get. I also think there will still be the various MF buffs you can get.

"Update and refine" could just as well imply QA, gen pop or balance passes as redesign. Redesigning a dungeon is significantly more costly.

Any guesses as to what legendary armour might be?

This skill addition and crafting up to 500 are things we could have found in an expansion so I'm guessing they're going to try out how these things work before finally deciding to just go with Living Story or if they want expansions. Other then that, awsome news.

Oh btw, just found out that ANet is currently developing other weapon types. Hopefully we'll see 2H Battleaxes, Polearms and more soon-ish.
    Last edited by Exroyal; 2013-07-18 at 05:31 PM.

In Massively, Colin did state this tidbit during his interview. "Anyone who has started to find him or herself rapidly running out of bank and inventory space may be pleased to hear that finding more player-friendly ways to handle GW2's tons of collectable armor looks is high on ArenaNet's priority list."

That being said, the writer of the article said later on Reddit that everything in the blog post is finalized and that the inventory space issue, while a priority, solution isn't finalized as yet but is on the radar. It would be nice to have as an update or be able to buy through the Gem Store a PVP like weapons and armor locker for PVE.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scyth View Post
    All I hope is that the armor crafted is a full set instead of being created piecemeal.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    "Update and refine" could just as well imply QA, gen pop or balance passes as redesign. Redesigning a dungeon is significantly more costly.
    That is true... but I still feel like one of them said at some point they planned on updating all the dungeons like they did for AC, but they just wanted to do it as part of the story instead of just randomly doing it. I just can't remember where I read it

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    main hand pistol mesmer main hand pistol mesmer...

if only...
    The video mentioned new weapons. I can't wait for whips & polearms. (not that they mentioned those specifically)

And crossbow, why don't we have crossbows!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    That is true... but I still feel like one of them said at some point they planned on updating all the dungeons like they did for AC, but they just wanted to do it as part of the story instead of just randomly doing it. I just can't remember where I read it
    In the video from a few days ago he mentioned that they want to update dungeons as the Living World progresses, though I'm not sure of specifics obviously.

Here's a Reddit post that summarizes all the info that came out today from the blog post and interviews that Colin Johanson did today.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c...d_gw2_in_2013/

I was hoping for something more. The rewards are nice and everything, but give me more things to do with these rewards. I'll have to wait and see how/if they improve events and world bosses.

10+ Year Old Account
    aslong as they give every kind of stat to dungeon gear ill be glad so i dont endup having to go to CoF for gear on every single character because the others are never done by anyone

i wanted arah gear on my warr but after 4 groups not even getting to the first boss ive lost hope and same thing with AC every single group is total shit so i cant even get a single piece of armor nor a weapon without doing CoF

- - - Updated - - -

fire themed like everything else..

I'd really love Branded crystalline opaque armor with glimmering effects.

Especially nice if they could tie the colors to actual dies. Disappointing that Infernal can't be dyed.

I really, really want the legendary armours to be profession specific..One can dream right?

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    main hand pistol mesmer main hand pistol mesmer...
    If you want to dual wield pistols, roll a Thief. That's exactly what the Illusionary Duellist is anyways.

The removal of Magic Find (edit: GEAR) is kind of a decent deal, unsure how I feel about the rest of it.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Deleted
    I really, really want the legendary armours to be profession specific..One can dream right?
    I'm dreaming with you xD And each piece of armor could be gained via achievement connected to mechanics of your profession.

About cross professions. It worked in GW1. But GW2 is totally different game and I don't think it's a good idea to bring it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Only Magic Find on gear is going away. It will still be an account bonus you can get. I also think there will still be the various MF buffs you can get.
    not on every piece of gear

The Magic Find system, where players currently have to choose or switch between gear with stats or gear with magic find, will be getting overhauled completely. Only one or two item types will keep the MF stat, while the rest of it will go an account wide stat that you can sort of “level up” over time with achievements and rare found consumables
    http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/g...-for-2013.html

my guess: they keep the MF on the Ascended trinkets.

As we get the magic find consumables from salvaging blues and greens rarely I thought for a minute about starting to hoard that stuff. After that minute I lol'ed about that hillarious idea.
    Last edited by Maarius; 2013-07-19 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post

As we get the magic find consumables from salvaging blues and greens rarely I thought for a minute about starting to hoard that stuff. After that minute I lol'ed about that hillarious idea.
    That's interesting because it directly contradicts what Colin said in his blog post which was "As such, we’ll be removing magic find entirely as an item stat and turning it into account stat that improved the odds of rare drops for all your characters."

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/l...ars-2-in-2013/

Though it wouldn't be the first time they have said something contradictory. On the Aethorblade jumping puzzle they kept saying it would be available on one date (even at press first look things they did) but they posted on their site it would be available the day before. Turned out the date on the site was right in that case. Will have to wait and see what happens there.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This was an interesting read. A large part of why I can't consistently play this game is that the rewards outside of running dungeons are pretty limited. Once I hit the arbitrary level cap, I didn't feel like I could progress my character very well. The high level zones like Orr were tedious and boring, with no motivation to play them.

Seeing the proposed changes to loot, new crafting ideas, champions, and how you'll be able to grow your character's abilities as opposed to a gear progression system is very intriguing. I'm glad they are trying to think outside the box and it seems to be working out for them.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    not on every piece of gear

Honestly, my guess would be they'll keep MF upgrade items.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

I'm hoping they get smarterer and introduce actual skill challenges, like completing x jumping puzzle or dungeon in a specific amount of time (obviously all of them can't be included, so ones that are possible would be included) as an achievement for rewards. I like that they're adding in reasons to do everything, but they should also start adding skill challenging and provoking instances in parts of their game. Guild stuff is fine and all, but the reason I'm not playing atm (besides Steam Sales ^_^) is because it's just not...challenging at all.
    Last edited by WorldofWorkcraft; 2013-07-19 at 05:49 PM.

GW2 is so firmly an action game, I don't think there is as much opportunity to develop gameplay complexity w/o removing some of the action elements. Or at the least de-emphasizing some of those elements. GW2 is borderline in what could be termed as an Arcade game in the classical sense.

I think a lot of Anet's proclamations w/r/t gameplay have to be taken with a large dose of salt. As it is very unlikely dungeon rewards, ascended armor and so forth will change the operation of playing Guild Wars 2. We will probably always have the same relatively shallow Action MMO designed for casual play regardless.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-07-19 at 06:13 PM.