Poll: The Pantheon or Old Gods

Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

Which are the strongest, Old Gods or the Pantheon?

I always see people comparing Titans to other major lore characters or Old Gods to other major lore characters, but never Old Gods to Titans, and from all lore I've read, it would seem that Titans are a whole lot stronger, but I still see people refering to Old Gods as the strongest beings in the Warcraft Universe.

So which is it? Titans or Old Gods?

I'd also like to hear your reasoning and arguments for it, simply saying "Old Gods" won't convince me.

The titans are more powerful but the old gods are nearly as powerful

Titans, the old gods were barely able to kill a lesser titan. That said, the old gods are still tremendously powerful compared to everything else.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Deleted
    Old Gods, no question about it. Everything living has a chaos part inside it, even the Titans. Sargeras was a Titan that fell to corruption, the holiest of beings fell to corruption and it's not the only one.

Evil will always prevail, simply because at the end of the day no one can really "remove it" from anything living, so as long as anything is alive, Chaos/Old Gods will be more powerful.

Really close.
    In some quotes, Blizzard said that [the combination of old gods] vs [the total Pantheon] result in a Old Gods winning.
    But the Old Gods don't want to cooperate with each other, so the Pantheon will win again like they won long time ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hands down, Old Gods are stronger than Titans..
    Several Titans dies, when they imprisoned Yogg-Saron..

Noone know how man Titans perished when they killed Y'sharrj, but it's likely to be a substantial number..

Luckily, Old Gods seem uninterrested in coorporating, else we'd be in major problems..

One Old God vs one Titan.... The Titan would never know, what killed it..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Deleted
    I like to think the old gods are stronger, I mean there always going to be around we cant really kill them, unless we destroyed Azeroth, I for one actually want to see a full old god like standing I imagine there massive considering just the size of c'thuns eye or yogg sarons head. It would be cool to have some sort of caverns of time instance to go back to when the old gods and the elementals where in charge and them fighting each other would be pretty awesome to see.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post

Noone know how man Titans perished when they killed Y'sharrj, but it's likely to be a substantial number..

Luckily, Old Gods seem uninterrested in coorporating, else we'd be in major problems..

Regular titans =\= Pantheon Titans.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post

Only one titan is thought to have died and many people believe that was during the battle with Y'sharrj

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Same thread is same thread... close this please.

No seriouesly.. I have seen 4 maybe 5 of these threads.. what do you want to get out of this? There is no clear awnser.. just pull your head out of ur (...) and go read some wowpedia or something.

Deleted
    Well the titans already fought against the old gods and won so I think it's safe to say the titans are stronger.

Deleted
    Voted for the Old Gods simply because ;

1) they cannot be killed without destroying Azeroth.
    2) Because they cannot be killed without destroying Azeroth, the titans will always ultimately lose as they are not willing to go all the way in destroying the planet. Yes we have the re-orignation machines, but that wipes out the life on the planet, but not the planet itself. As such the old gods would still exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Inside View Post
    Regular titans =\= Pantheon Titans.
    There is no indication, the Pantheon is stronger than other Titans..

The Titans claim to be a rightious and just "organisation", so it's unlikely they rise to the Pantheon due to power, but more likely in some form of democracy..

No human ruler (in our world) are notisably stronger than their subjects.. They just have their support.. Same probably goes for Titans..

Quote Originally Posted by Zodiark Son View Post
    Well the titans already fought against the old gods and won so I think it's safe to say the titans are stronger.
    Did they?

You are aware,they only killed ONE Old God, and trapped two, with big losses, right? They rest, they have given up on and left the planet..
    Several theories names as many as ATLEAST 7 Old Gods...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Don't take some BS people pulled out of their asses here as fact because only source we have on this subject is that the titans defeated the old gods. That's all.

"Old Gods were outnumbered","Old Gods refused to coorportate so they lost","Old Gods killed serveral titans before they fell" All of these have never been stated in official lore.

Deleted
    Blizzard did say the Old Gods are immortal. Their physical forms can be contained, hacked up and dispersed but nothing truly kills them permanently.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Don't take some BS people pulled out of their asses here as fact because only source we have on this subject is that the titans defeated the old gods. That's all.

"Old Gods were outnumbered","Old Gods refused to coorportate so they lost","Old Gods killed serveral titans before they fell" All of these have never been stated in official lore.
    According to in-game text, at least one Titan "fell" - they didn't say who it was, or if they died. However, they "fell" due to C'Thun, when the Titans battled him in what is now Silithus.
    http://www.wowpedia.org/The_Prophecy_of_C%27Thun
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well none of us truly know.

I'm no expert on the subject like some of the people on this forum and I love reading what they have to say.

I think the Old Gods aren't great on teamwork, where the Titans are. Think how powerful the Old Gods would be if they truly worked together when fighting the Titans.

If they did work together fully, then feel free to correct me

That being said, the Titans probably are stronger as a team, 1 on 1, I think an Old God would win.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2013-07-13 at 12:30 PM.

Just Keep playing long enough and we will find out eventually. At some point an X-pac is gonna visit the Pantheon.

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    According to in-game text, at least one Titan "fell" - they didn't say who it was, or if they died. However, they "fell" due to C'Thun, when the Titans battled him in what is now Silithus.
    http://www.wowpedia.org/The_Prophecy_of_C%27Thun
    I said "several" though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Individually an old god is stronger, but when you stack them up side by side the Pantheon wins out. Perhaps if all the old gods actually worked together for once they could win, but i don't see that happening.