Deleted

Questions about Shadow

Hi, I just hit 90 on my Shadow Priest, and i've read the shadow guide but i since i havn't played the class before i still have a few unanswered questions, hope someone can help!

Question 1 Mind flay/Sear: Mind flay is the last priority in the single target rotation, but how bad is it really? if my mindblast/SW/shadowfiend/Halo comes off cooldown, do i finish channeling my current mindflay or do i quit right away or wait until the next tick and then stop casting? And what about when i have Insanity? Also on Mind Flay/Mind Sear, when i channel another mindflay right after the one im currently channeling, do I recast it after a certain tick or let it finish? (right now just queue them into eachother when they finish but i dont wanna gimp myself)

Question 2 Dots I havn't really played a true dot class before (mage only) so i've been thinking about this alot with the priest. Afaik SW:P>VT so i always cast SW:P first, which also makes them fall of roughly at the same time, but i've been thinking, do i let them fall off, or do i recast them when it fits me(right now i try recasting them at as late as possible without them falling off, but if i have 6 sec to go and my last mindblast before devouring plague comes is coming off cooldown i recast them before so i can channel insanity with dots ticking) OR do i just always recast them at like 1-2 sec? Also about this, is it more important to finish my mindflay(if it's lets say halfway) when my dots come off cooldown or should i just stop and recast instantly or right before the mindflay?

And what about when multidotting? do i still use vampiric touch or is it only worth multidotting SW:P?

Sorry for the stupid questions but this has been on my mind ever since i dinged and i don't feel like not being on par so figured i should ask here first!
    Thanks alot!

Interrupt mind flay for everything else basically. Interrupt Insanity only for orb generating spells, namely Mind Blast and SW: D. Recast dots 1 tick before they fall off (~2s before).

General rule of thumb when multidotting is to only apply dots to targets that will live for more than 2/3 of the dot's full duration. Which dot you apply first doesn't play a big role. Unless specced into DI, then always apply SW:P first.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

Deleted
    Thank's, appreciate it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Answer 1: Veiledy0 already covered the most important part, but i'll expand slightly. You don't have to wait for a certain tick when recasting MF/MS (when chaining, it makes no difference). Casting earlier costs more mana in the long run, but you won't have issues if you are keeping VT active. You can extend Insanity slightly before DP falls off by recasting MF:I in the last second of DP and letting it finish the channel.

Answer 2: Already covered. TRY to refresh it ~2s before they fall off, but refresh early if you get a good stat proc. I don't remember the limit on "good", but google should give you the general idea.
    Last edited by Ambereldus; 2013-07-20 at 06:29 AM. Reason: Thank you Hely ;P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambereldus View Post
    Answer 1: Veiledy0 already covered the most important part, but i'll expand slightly. You don't have to wait for a certain tick when recasting MF/MS (when chaining, it makes no difference). Casting earlier costs more mana in the long run, but you won't have issues if you are keeping VT active. You can extend Insanity slightly BEFORE DP falls off by recasting MF:I in the last second of DP and letting it finish the channel.

Answer 2: Already covered. TRY to refresh it ~2s before they fall off, but refresh early if you get a good stat proc. I don't remember the limit on "good", but google should give you the general idea.
    Fixed that for you