Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    5.4 is still subject to change.

would be nice if flexi had decent ilevel though. ma alts need good gearz.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post

Flex is gated anyway so most people will still be running normal mode, and with heroic gearing, normal should be a push over.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    I'm interested to see how hard or easy the proving ground tend to be. I think one of the other Blue post around this, said that Gold would indicate they are "ready to dip" into Flex or Normal. If a Gold score is ready to dip, it sounds like the proving grounds are pretty basic. I think we can all agree that it's great to have something to measure ourselves with, especially new players.

Now whether than translates into new\more\better raiders we will have to wait and see. I kinda suspect it won't have much affect, since I think raiding as a whole is just fading out. I have to admit now that I'm back to playing Battlefield 3 again. The Jump in, Play and play however I want, leave whenever I want, is pretty nice compared to the rigors of a locked in schedule. I would be surprise if more normal guilds opted for Flex raiding over normal
    Flex is gated and drops much lesser loot. I guess if progression isn't of importance then Flex would be a good answer for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone know if flex will be available in wings (I somewhere read something along those lines)?

So part 1-4 instead of the whole raid available once you zone in?

Quote Originally Posted by Nivena View Post
    Does anyone know if flex will be available in wings (I somewhere read something along those lines)?

So part 1-4 instead of the whole raid available once you zone in?
    It's released in wings. 4 wings, each with 3 bosses. Like ToT.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    It's released in wings. 4 wings, each with 3 bosses. Like ToT.
    Except there are 14 bosses in SoO. I think first wing has 4 bosses -- all the ones in the Vale portion of the raid. Immerseus, Fallen Protectors, Norushen, Sha of Pride.

I think the wings are actually already layed out, but I can't seem to find what the other splits are.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Except there are 14 bosses in SoO. I think first wing has 4 bosses -- all the ones in the Vale portion of the raid. Immerseus, Fallen Protectors, Norushen, Sha of Pride.

I think the wings are actually already layed out, but I can't seem to find what the other splits are.
    After that there is
    "Gates of Retribution" - Galakras, Iron juggernaut, Kor'kron Dark Shaman, General Nazgrim
    "The Underhold" - Malkorok, Spoils of Pandaria, Thok the Bloodthirsty
    "Downfall" - Siegecrafter Blackfuse, Paragons of the Klaxxi, Garrosh Hellscream

Sorry, I can't count. SoO is 14 bosses? Fuck, progress is going to suck.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Hardly breaking news, it was already up as a blue post last night, starting a thread claiming it's /confirmed is hardly monumental when we can see it at the top of the blue tracker....on this very site nonetheless.
    Welp, whatevs, I'm still looking forward to it, gonna pug like it's nineteen-eighty-naxx.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

inb4 heroic raiders cry that their 543 loot is worse than 548 loot XD.

srsly, can't wait for it.

Well, it happened in Dragon Soul... the LFR gear had 3 sockets on them and despite behing lower iLVL ended better than Heroic Firelands.

Plus we have no clue on epic gems yes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    I thought blizz said they weren't going to set it up so normal and hardcore raiders would have to run LFR or flex.... when flex drops stuff that's better than the previous tier's heroic gear.... looks like they changed their minds and didn't say anything to anybody.

Blizz being blizz I guess lol.
    It's not.. 535 double upgraded is better than 540. And then there's Thunderforged.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faylo View Post
    Im quite sure they remove upgrades in 5.4, so HC (None TF) items should all be ilvl 543 with 2/2 upgrades. But again, the trinkets are insane!
    Well, being a 10 man raider, I can say that obtaining full bis is almost impossible, and I'm not even fully heroic geared. I still have rep ring/belt/trinket, and we've killed lei shen on heroic, so ya.

And the trinkets alone makes flex worthwhile. (sadly enough)

Quote Originally Posted by unholyness View Post

Flex is gated and drops much lesser loot. I guess if progression isn't of importance then Flex would be a good answer for them.
    Gating only impacts highly skilled groups that blast through normal modes and far into heroics. It is the lesser skilled or more layed back groups that gating doesnt impact. GC blamed some issues in ToT due to a lot of players not having enough gear from the previous tier. LFR was a meaningful upgrade for these players and Flex will remain so. The kinds of players who usually end up benefiting from farming the low reward gear are the ones who are more likely to not have the time to do such. If they had the time then they wouldnt be feeling pressured or overwhelmed. There are a lot more players with lives that raid that a lot of players do not want to admit to and these players want to get the most out of their limited time.
    And as far as I see Blizzard still wont split up the lockouts of these large raids. Would make PuGing Flex all that more useful and normals down the line. Most of PuG ICC progression was held back due to most groups splitting halfway in with time being one of the factors.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2013-07-21 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post

Why would it change?

Every LFRaider has valor items 522+4/8 so they have to provide upgrades from SoO for those folks, goes without saying flex would be even higher upgrade than an LFR item.

its only 1 boss more than TOT and tot progression was fine other than the having to spend a whole day clearing normals at the end of the week to clear 10-11 bosses after progression week 2-3

So the ilvl requirement for Flexi is 540? Please confirm. I was under the impression it was still on the PTR?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirstie View Post
    So the ilvl requirement for Flexi is 540? Please confirm. I was under the impression it was still on the PTR?
    There is no requirement for flex raiding, you can do it in 400 gear if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirstie View Post
    No, the news bit is that the Siege of Orgrimmar, on flex-raid difficulty, has been confirmed to drop 540 loot, from bosses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Whoa. Sizable jump from normal->Flex, and a small jump from heroic-> Flex. So ppl will be running Flex for gear for a little bit unless they have full H Thunderforged. Huh. I don't really see any problems with this besides potential ilvl inflation, which, imo, is awesome (Armor cap, crit cap, haste cap, hit cap, expertise caps here i come ). Miss being able to hit multiple caps like in ICC days.
    You don't need HCTF gear to have better gear than Flex. A fully upgraded HC item from ToT have an ilvl of 543, and I find it highly unlikely you'll spend valor on upgrading flex items when you can use it to upgrade the new normal/hc items.

"Well, for Flex raids, I would hope you would be enticed to do it because it's aimed at being easier than normal and is aimed at letting folks run with their friends without having to overly worry about raid comps and such. Guilds can now carry the players that can't quiet cut it in normal, but are fun people to play with."

My sentiments exactly. The only real remaining issue for Blizzard is to gate it properly so the high level raiders never have to run it. A month after 5.4 is released, none of this will matter and it will be content for casuals.

Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    You don't need HCTF gear to have better gear than Flex. A fully upgraded HC item from ToT have an ilvl of 543, and I find it highly unlikely you'll spend valor on upgrading flex items when you can use it to upgrade the new normal/hc items.
    It is going to be required to drag guilds into Flex raids for people to get items like tier sets and trinkets. UVLS was insane and will continue to be insane. That trinket alone forced a lot of people to run LFR because it had such a high impact on Demonology.

I'm also raiding 10mans, 11/13 HC. Our average ilvl was 537.15 on the latest kill as far as I can see. 1 player at 524, 2 players at 530, 1 player at 534 (Yes, that's with cloaks and double upgrades. Going through the latest kills, I'm seeing 10man guilds 6-7 ilvls on average under 25 mans. Gear will be needed for SoO especially for 10 mans so I don't really like that over-inflated ilvl with the shit state gear in 10 mans is.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think 540 will be a high enough ilv to make attractive for hc raiders to farm tier and trinkets though
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee