Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viromand View Post

they are extremely strong but not mandatory. you can heal without a disc priest, other healer have cooldowns aswell. Why do all people always think if a class is the best that they are always miles ahead.
    Well obviously you can heal without a disc priest, I'm talking about guild trying to push any sort of decent rank, or any guild trying to better there roster, then yes a disc priest is mandatory.

Is that to say there is no top 10mans running without a disc priest. No. But if you went and talked to the. I'm sure you will find they are looking for one or have already had one of there healers reroll for next tier.
    http://www.twitch.tv/cheezy_123
    14/14H SoO <Divinity>

Quote Originally Posted by Viromand View Post
    they are extremely strong but not mandatory. you can heal without a disc priest, other healer have cooldowns aswell. Why do all people always think if a class is the best that they are always miles ahead.
    Calling them "mandatory" is hyperbolic, but saying that they're not miles ahead is crazy. Even in terms of raw hps alone they're reliably the strongest, which doesn't include the absurd amounts of damage that they do (for a healer), nor how overpowered absorbs are.

They could make atonement do ZERO damage, and even after an enormous nerf like that disc priests would still arguably be the strongest healer in-game.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

The fact that you can given the right players progress through the instance even with the worst raid roster possible doesn't really change that discs and absorbs are way too significant even for lower end raid groups.

Quote Originally Posted by bennafflock View Post
    depending on raid comp, you can completely cheese the frostbite, for it to not come out at all, or at least only once. And if managing body heat correctly, take virtually no damage, that a monk who does stupid AOE/damage on the bosses on that fight, would certainly be able to handle.
    Do you know how many guilds are actually capable of solo healing heroic mode bosses on progression, and out of that tiny amount how many actually do? To do this it takes the kind of players that would not be on 2/13 heroic this far into the tier, it is simply NOT an option.

All your answers so far are just gonna make this guild waste even more time trying to do something that overgeared and clearly more skilled players are saying "should be doable".
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

where did you see me tell him that they SHOULD solo heal? what i said was that it CAN be. But obviously you're too high on yourself to read a full a post, and like to nitpick in little things. This all goes back to the original statement in which i said that they should have a 3rd healer as they will need it for some of the bosses. If you're going to reply, at least try and add something to the conversation and not try to be an elitist moron. kthxbai!

Quote Originally Posted by bennafflock View Post
    where did you see me tell him that they SHOULD solo heal? what i said was that it CAN be. But obviously you're too high on yourself to read a full a post, and like to nitpick in little things. This all goes back to the original statement in which i said that they should have a 3rd healer as they will need it for some of the bosses. If you're going to reply, at least try and add something to the conversation and not try to be an elitist moron. kthxbai!
    Yes, because suggesting an appropriate number of healers for heroics is elitist. *facepalm*

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Yes, because suggesting an appropriate number of healers for heroics is elitist. *facepalm*
    Talking to a world 6k ranked guild about solo healing one of the arguably hardest bosses in 10m heroic (on fucking progress no less), whilst I am legitimately pointing out that it's useless info for this type of thread. And I'm the elitist?

People wonder why the WoW community has gone to shit.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Talking to a world 6k ranked guild about solo healing one of the arguably hardest bosses in 10m heroic (on fucking progress no less), whilst I am legitimately pointing out that it's useless info for this type of thread. And I'm the elitist?

People wonder why the WoW community has gone to shit.
    I was agreeing with you. Him calling you an elitist is what I was facepalming.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    I was agreeing with you. Him calling you an elitist is what I was facepalming.
    Mis-quoted, sorry breh. /fistbump

Deleted
    You don't have to have any class, we run with and without a disc priest and can still do the content, teamwork is what healing needs not Attonment/bubbles.

depending on raid comp, you can completely cheese the frostbite, for it to not come out at all, or at least only once. And if managing body heat correctly, take virtually no damage, that a monk who does stupid AOE/damage on the bosses on that fight, would certainly be able to handle.
    If you ahve the raidcomp, and if you manage body heat correctly and if noone overnukes kazrajin and all empowered phases are handled correctly and the monk has great gear, not the gear you usually have while progressing this fight. It can be doable, and I doubt a monk can dps that boss while solo healing that fight.

But to add if all is handled perfectly any healer can heal that fight solo, but the problem in that fight with so much going on, its almost impossible to play perfectly.