Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Deterence on H Council?

Hey guys I want to ask a question. Will deterence make you immune to application of Frostbite on H Council? I'm not hunter but I'm just asking for our hunters. Thank you very much!

Deleted
    It's apparantly possible if you time it really really well. I haven't managed to pull it off myself yet, but our mage has managed it with Iceblock.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have tried multiple times and Deterrence doesn't seem to work for me, the timing isnt that crazy hard and I have popped it multiple times before getting the debuff. So I dont think it does work, but I may just be bad!

From what I understand, Detterence doesn't work. The only immunity's that seem to work are a Mages IceBlock, or a Paladins Bubble.

Deterrence does NOT work.

Ice Block, Divine Shield, and Cloak of Shadows for Boomkins via Symbiosis works. You have to make sure that the immunity is active on you before the debuff is applied. If you're waiting til you see the blue arrow or his cast bar starts, you're going to have to have an extremely quick reaction time and still be fighting server latency and personal latency.

What is easier? If you have a rogue in your group, Smoke Bomb Frost King, Put the SB on top of Frost King while all range are outside. So long as Frost King has Smoke Bomb on him while he casts it, no one will get Frostbite.

Good Luck!

K Thank you very much!

Can confirm, it does not work. However, it is still quite useful for the 50% glyphed mitigation so people have time to start bombing you with heals or move into position depending on the strat

if you have a rogue, he can smoke bomb on top of the boss before it comes out and it won't cast it on anyone.

but yea deter doesn't work.

as the others allready said, deterence doesnt work, but camouflage does work! just hit it in time before the debuff gets applied and you wont get it, bcz he cant target you

i did macro stopattack and stopcast into it and it does work like a charm, dont know if you need to, but i have.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wega View Post
    as the others allready said, deterence doesnt work, but camouflage does work! just hit it in time before the debuff gets applied and you wont get it, bcz he cant target you

i did macro stopattack and stopcast into it and it does work like a charm, dont know if you need to, but i have.
    Thanks alot of the tip, will try this out tonight.

Deleted
    i keep failing when I try soo.

What!? when did they change this to be usable in combat, looked through the patch notes and see no mention of this? Thanks for this tip... will be interesting to see what else this works on

deterence doesnt work...pally bubble works, rogue smoke bomb works and iceblock from mage too. thats it

Quote Originally Posted by Teucer View Post
    What!? when did they change this to be usable in combat
    If i remember correct that chage was made in 5.1.

Oh god this is absurd. I swear I didn't see any note about this change! We have 2 hunters in group and I'll let them know about this.

But how does it work? Like if he casts on you while camouflage then there will be no frostbite, or he will pick another target since he can't target you? If it's latter then it doesn't make that difference in our raid (maybe even makes it worse) cause we got them with a brutal strat: just let the person die and brez... We only get one frostbite per fight so if you are gonna die to something, that has to be the frostbite anyways lol.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonleekungfu View Post
    Oh god this is absurd. I swear I didn't see any note about this change! We have 2 hunters in group and I'll let them know about this.

But how does it work? Like if he casts on you while camouflage then there will be no frostbite, or he will pick another target since he can't target you? If it's latter then it doesn't make that difference in our raid (maybe even makes it worse) cause we got them with a brutal strat: just let the person die and brez... We only get one frostbite per fight so if you are gonna die to something, that has to be the frostbite anyways lol.
    you don't have a mage, rogue, or holy pally and you have 2 hunters? I'm assuming which is a 10 man.

Dat comp man, dat comp.

Camo has been usable in combat since MoP launched, it just didn't have a use until this tier. I spent most of MSV trying to figure out if I could camo some attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonleekungfu View Post

he tries to apply the debuff and just cant, thats just the hunter version of iceblock/smokebomb/whatever works too, nothing of the retargeting sorts happens, just good clean no frostbite

Quote Originally Posted by Dorakko7 View Post
    deterence doesnt work...pally bubble works, rogue smoke bomb works and iceblock from mage too. thats it
    Hand of Protection, if cast before frostbite goes out, works as well. You can either watch for the blue arrow to appear and cast it then, or you can pre-cast it on those that don't have immunities. Either way, as long as HoP is up before Frostbite is applied, it will work.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Camouflage works.