Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I could care less if it's on the market tbh. I just want one. I like to have a certain mount for each of my characters, something unique to them. If I don't have the money for it when it comes out, fine, I'll just wait until I do, but at least I know I'll still be able to get it.

As long as it isn't a HM only drop or something I'll be happy. My current work schedule prevents me from doing any serious raiding with my guild, and that makes me sad enough as it is!

Still wish they had implemented a questline where you could care for a baby tauntaun and have it grow-up into a mount. I would have enjoyed that. (and before anyone "ooh just like the wow questline" no I had that convo with a SWTOR producer way before MoP ever came out and before that questline was on the beta )

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Still wish they had implemented a questline where you could care for a baby tauntaun and have it grow-up into a mount. I would have enjoyed that. (and before anyone "ooh just like the wow questline" no I had that convo with a SWTOR producer way before MoP ever came out and before that questline was on the beta )
    Well to be fair SWG already did these types of things before WoW soo...yeah. So I say to you, 'ooh, just like in SWG'?

While I never personally played SWG (and still wouldn't because unfortunately graphics do matter for me in order to create an immersive world) it clearly had a lot of elements that should have translated into SWTOR. Hopefully they look at that game and KotOR when drawing inspiration for new features to the game.

I'm afraid the developers know what a drastically small market they are developing for and won't do any Wall of Crazy stuff, but maybe high revenue from whales on the cash shop will relieve some pressure and allow them to actually make content for pure enjoyment again? Kinda a weird necessary evil at this point. Nothing they do is going to bring back millions of players for the long haul as it had it's moment in the spotlight.

And to be honest, I think we are headed in that direction for the market as a whole. It's good and bad, much like anything. Smaller audiences mean more niche content, more engaging content, but unfortunately the revenue has to be there which means cash shops are going to go into overdrive for this next generation of MMOs. I thnk Wildstar has the last big shot to revive the mass market MMO development strategies. If it fails, I don't think we will really see that style of game anymore.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    SWG was amazeballs. I had a crapton of fun in it and had all sorts of adventures that were off the script (since it was sandbox). Unfortunately my time came to an end prematurely and I didn't get to see the NGE stuff or any of what the game turned into. SOE banned all my accounts after one customer refused to pay me and instead called the SOE police on me (I was creating and selling accounts since I could full level a Bounty Hunter in no time flat and sell it for a couple hundred bones...a worthwhile endeavor for a poor college student).

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    For people who don't care about the Market and do things like raiding/pvp, it's actually not terrible, but not going to draw a large playerbase ever again either.
    Let's see how the new Star Wars movies will play into that, IF BW/EA are able to tag along in the marketing of the movies and if they do it right there might be a good influx of new players that are new to the mmo market.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ruzdu View Post
    Let's see how the new Star Wars movies will play into that, IF BW/EA are able to tag along in the marketing of the movies and if they do it right there might be a good influx of new players that are new to the mmo market.
    Pretty sure it's going to be used to promote their new games, not SWTOR...but I'm sure it will have a positive effect.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Whily Kitty does go with the "in SWG" thing (I can't speak on that, as I didn't play SWG), the "raise a baby to be a mount" thing was in since Wrath, I think; the Venomhide Ravasaur chain had you doing dailies to raise a little ravasaur hatchling into a mount.

Quote Originally Posted by mstieler View Post
    Whily Kitty does go with the "in SWG" thing (I can't speak on that, as I didn't play SWG), the "raise a baby to be a mount" thing was in since Wrath, I think; the Venomhide Ravasaur chain had you doing dailies to raise a little ravasaur hatchling into a mount.
    Yes but you could only do that if you were horde so it doesn't count

(actually I had completely forgotten that existed)