Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post
    What greater progression? You get epics from pet battles now?
    He wants his Rainbow Gym Badge

First off, welcome back from your ban. Now then, you are not forced to do anything petbattle related. Every single thimg about it is optional and you complaining about it is about as crazy as someone complaining there are battlegrounds.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by waddlez View Post
    Plenty of people don't get Heroic gear because they don't do Heroic raids. You have to do something to get something.
    Exactly.

He probably won't get the four new pets if he doesn't like doing pet battles.
    But guess what? People who don't like PvP don't get PvP gear. People who don't like heroic raids won't get heroic raid gear.
    That's how it goes.

Also, I think pet battles are amazing. The magic of different opinions!

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    The existence of pet battles fucks with your OCD.
    That's probably it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KorbenDallasMultipass View Post
    Asking me to play POKEMON in Warcraft in order to attain greater progression is something I won't stand for. I thought this was supposed to give a purpose to collecting mini pets, now it has a purpose, for fuck's sake don't make me actually do this boring pointless and completely out-of-context shit - I'd rather do more fetch 10 donkey livers daily quests than do this.
    You dont even know what you are talking about. There is NO gear from doing pet battles. The coins from those award pets. Thats all. Even if there was it would only be 496 which is pathetic anyways. And if by progression you mean collecting the pets, Why do you want to collect "pokemon" as you put it anyways if you hate it? You sounds very uninformed, and you are jumping to conclusions.
    Last edited by Chickat; 2013-07-19 at 06:25 PM.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Asking me to play POKEMON in Warcraft in order to attain greater progression is something I won't stand for. I thought this was supposed to give a purpose to collecting mini pets, now it has a purpose, for fuck's sake don't make me actually do this boring pointless and completely out-of-context shit - I'd rather do more fetch 10 donkey livers daily quests than do this.
    ...And exactly what game are you playing? Pet battles have NOTHING with progression and/or gear, as I've said earlier they are completely OPTIONAL and does not relate to progression in any single way. Try harder next time OP.

Didn't they say you could get timeless coins from pet battles too

Quote Originally Posted by NoRest4Wicked View Post
    When pet battles were first announced, I hated the idea. I've never played Pokemon and always thought the concept was stupid

Then I did a couple of them. 490 unique pets later I still hate pet battles. Not because they are dumb, but because I need to get a rare quality on them all. Damn Minfernal and Scourged Whelpling took me days, if not weeks to get rare qualities on.
    Don't focus on catching a rare, instead find an addon that tells you the breeds of the pets you capture.
    A good breed is more valuable and useful as even a poor compared to a bad breed rare.
    The rarity can be increased, the breed is fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarix View Post
    Didn't they say you could get timeless coins from pet battles too
    Yes, making them just ONE possible route.
    It seems the OP is complaining that to max out the gain of the coins, they have to do a varied amount of content.
    There are options to cover everyone's preference, and pet battles simply are not theirs.
    Nothing to see here.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are three new currencies in 5.4.

- Celestial Coins are earned from pet battles and are only used to buy pet battle related items.
    - Timeless Coins are earned from pretty much everything on the Timeless Isle and are used to create 496 gear and buy other things, like Mogu Runes of Fate.
    - Warforged Seals are the new bonus roll currency and they're earned from the same source as before (Lesser Charms).

The only thing I can think of is that you confused these three currencies for each other, because the only one that affects gear progression outside of gearing a new alt is Warforged Seals, which are completely unrelated to pet battles.

Bloodsail Admiral Colonel Sandor's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    It's kind of funny, a lot of people actually like it. You are not forced to do that pet battle stuff.
    People need to realize this.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by KorbenDallasMultipass View Post
    Then please, Grandmaster of All Logic, tell us, what is this pet battle related progression you speak of?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by NoRest4Wicked View Post
    When pet battles were first announced, I hated the idea. I've never played Pokemon and always thought the concept was stupid

Then I did a couple of them. 490 unique pets later I still hate pet battles. Not because they are dumb, but because I need to get a rare quality on them all. Damn Minfernal and Scourged Whelpling took me days, if not weeks to get rare qualities on.
    Was totally expecting that to say, 'and now I think they aren't so bad!'

Come on man really, why do you do something you hate so much lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Don't focus on catching a rare, instead find an addon that tells you the breeds of the pets you capture.
    A good breed is more valuable and useful as even a poor compared to a bad breed rare.
    The rarity can be increased, the breed is fixed.
    I've never actually done pet battle pvp or anything, but I have a question about this. By Breed do you mean it being Extra Damage/Health/Speed?
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by enchanted View Post
    I totally agree and hate pet battles but thats just me. What I think he's trying to point out is that blizz spends time to make content for pet battles rather than pve/pvp things but in which way are you missing out on content due to "pet battles"? they're not tiers to say that you didn't clear it during its time nor it is pvp to say you didnt top ranks during that season. It's just something optional to do and you are not forced to.
    Psssst... Different teams for different stuff champ. The guys who make raids, don't make pet battle oriented stuff.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Was totally expecting that to say, 'and now I think they aren't so bad!'

Come on man really, why do you do something you hate so much lol.
    Because I have to get all the rares! Soooo much camping :P
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    There are three new currencies in 5.4.

- Celestial Coins are earned from pet battles and are only used to buy pet battle related items.
    - Timeless Coins are earned from pretty much everything on the Timeless Isle and are used to create 496 gear and buy other things, like Mogu Runes of Fate.
    - Warforged Seals are the new bonus roll currency and they're earned from the same source as before (Lesser Charms).

The only thing I can think of is that you confused these three currencies for each other, because the only one that affects gear progression outside of gearing a new alt is Warforged Seals, which are completely unrelated to pet battles.
    The only thing I can think of is the fact that you get Timeless Coins for the pet battle quests, but it's still 496 gear.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

10+ Year Old Account
    you dont really miss anything from not doing pet battles, you miss out on some pets in the same way you miss out on cool stuff if you don't do archeology. they are both small parts of the game with mostly vanity rewards, you don't gain any advantage in the main aspects of the game (pve/pvp)

i for one love pet battles, when MoP was first announced pet battles were one of my favorite features, loveed it as soon as it hit live, i actually did pet battles before heading to pandaria.
    dragonmaw - EU

Deleted
    So you're annoyed that you have to do pet battles in order to obtain battle pets? What...

Fine. I want raid gear without having to raid, deal?

Don't like it don't do it, simple as that. It's not that horrible and it isn't really making you miss out on anything so why blame it for doing nothing?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Yeah.
    It's always good to complain despite not even knowing what you're talking about!

Yes, you can get timeless coins from pet battles. And from dozens of other things.