Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I have no problem with "Level a team to 25 so you can take part in the battles".
    BUT
    Leveling 30 battle pets for some retarded achievement IS boring.
    Making Crap like that a prerequisite is extremely lame design.
    Pet battles could really stand to have a new tier of "endgame" for people who have been engaging it all along. If having a stable of thirty pets is not something you've already done or feel driven to do for its own sake, maybe this addition just isn't for you. That's okay.

1. Pet battles give awards?

2. Get over it - if you don't do the content, you don't get the rewards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pet battles could really stand to have a new tier of "endgame" for people who have been engaging it all along. If having a stable of thirty pets is not something you've already done or feel driven to do for its own sake, maybe this addition just isn't for you. That's okay.
    Achievements shouldn't unlock any game activities. They are there for people that want to see some point counter go higher.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by El Plastico View Post
    I don't do pet battling, you make it sound like i'm missing out on something? Other then the "fun" of pet battling, am i missing out on something that would help my character?
    Pet Battles give no character power, only pet battle related stuff. OP is delusional or plain trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    2. Get over it - if you don't do the content, you don't get the rewards.
    Mindlessly leveling 30 Lv 23 pandaria pets to 25 is NOT content.

If they had connected it to "defeat all trainers and fabled beasts" THAT would be content to unlock content.

This is just "Yo dawg grind like a bot and waste your time on something completely meaningless because we feel like gating crap"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Mindlessly leveling 30 Lv 23 pandaria pets to 25 is NOT content.

If they had connected it to "defeat all trainers and fabled beasts" THAT would be content to unlock content.

This is just "Yo dawg grind like a bot and waste your time on something completely meaningless because we feel like gating crap"
    I think I'm reading between the lines a bit, but it's more like that there needs to be 30 pets for the tournament to start. Or, 10 people with 3 pets per person. I've not been on PTR but until it says otherwise, that's how it looks to me.

Honestly, though, if you think pet battles are a waste of time, then fair enough, but don't be hypocritical if you're on the raid posts boasting about your latest epics - epics which you'll only discard during the next patch anyway. The entire game is a "waste of time", and not going to enhance your real life. For me, the only reason I still play the game is for the pet battles now - it certainly isn't for the people, given how people behave.

Also, if you *know what your doing*, it really isn't difficult to level 30 pets. I've levelled 415 pets (as of 19 July), all rare quality. I do this in the time I would have been raiding had I decided not to give it up. I don't do Arena, I've not since pre wrath. But I'm not whinging about not getting free mounts.

People seem to think I want something for nothing - I don't. But neither do I want to be restricted from any progression path because it would mean that I would have to do pet battles to attain the rewards from that path.

Like I said, I'd rather do dailies than do this, I really, really, really did not start playing World of Warcraft to play pet battles/pokemon, or be possibly faced with a choice to have to do so or miss out on rewards/tokens/points/whatever.

It's like playing Counter Strike and Valve suddenly telling me I have to play an in game racing game in order to access all the weapons at spawn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KorbenDallasMultipass View Post
    People seem to think I want something for nothing - I don't. But neither do I want to be restricted from any progression path because it would mean that I would have to do pet battles to attain the rewards from that path.

Like I said, I'd rather do dailies than do this, I really, really, really did not start playing World of Warcraft to play pet battles/pokemon, or be possibly faced with a choice to have to do so or miss out on rewards/tokens/points/whatever.

It's like playing Counter Strike and Valve suddenly telling me I have to play an in game racing game in order to access all the weapons at spawn.
    If you raid, you get raid gear as a reward.
    If you pvp, you get pvp gear as a reward.
    If you pet battle, you get pets as a reward.

What's so wrong with that?

Deleted
    But neither do I want to be restricted from any progression path because it would mean that I would have to do pet battles to attain the rewards from that path.
    Hey. I don't want to be restricted from any progression path, but don't want to do heroic raids. What to do?!1

10+ Year Old Account

And again, the pet battle "progression path" only awards you with more pets or pet related items. If you hate pet battles so much, why do you care? You lose nothing of value by not doing them. Hell, you could most likely buy these pets from someone anyway without doing a damn thing.

The tokens you miss by not doing pet battle are ONLY used to buy the 4 new pets. Nothing else.
    Last edited by Santti; 2013-07-19 at 08:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

i really want some of the rewards from archeology, theres a few pets/titles and mounts i want from that, but i dont want to do archeology, should i be entiltied to the rewards still? by not doing them im missing out on the rewards.

and your anaolgy of doingracing in a shooting game for gun rewards is bad, it would be more like you do racing in counter strike and get racing perks as a reward.
    dragonmaw - EU

So do dailies. It's not like there's not enough of them to get 50 lesser charms a week.

I don't do heroic raids or rated BGs or Arenas either and I'm fine with that, that's not what this thread is about. I just don't want to ever be forced to do something so out-of-fucking-Warcraft-spirit as pet battles as a mainstream progression requirement.

Jesus christ I make one post after 5 pages and 5 minutes later you're all here already quoting it, like vultures and hyenas waiting to strike. You think I'm actually gonna respond to each of you in turn now?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't do heroic raids or rated BGs or Arenas either and I'm fine with that, that's not what this thread is about. I just don't want to ever be forced to do something so out-of-fucking-Warcraft-spirit as pet battles as a mainstream progression requirement.
    Since you don't need to do pet battles as a mainstream progression requirement and you've thus far refused to expand on what you're talking about so people could clarify whatever you're misunderstanding, I think it's time to close this thread since it doesn't appear to be progressing anywhere productive either.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |