15+ Year Old Account

Need Help on Primordius HC 25

Ok guys i need some serious advice for primordius hc. Yesterday we managed to kill it, here's the log:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/0...?s=9353&e=9736

My armory link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rthan/advanced

My guildmate: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ildur/advanced

At the beginning i was assigned to nuke the boss but than i switched to the viscous to help the other warlocks. Full mastery build.

With mastery build he simply outclassed me in every try. That never really happened before. I than switched to a full haste gems and i did better. Nonetheless i'm really disappointed by my dps.

Any suggestions?

He's probably scumbagging on the Living Fluids that are going to reach the boss, given that he has ~20 million more damage done on them than the next person and significantly lower damage on Primordius/Viscous Horrors. I wouldn't really worry about it.

15+ Year Old Account
    So he's dpsing the fluids that are going to reach the boss and not the ones that we have to kill? Consider that we did the strategy where all the warlocks must kill the fluids form one side of the room before they reach the boss. I'm not so sure about it because we have the same number of SS+SB. Next time i will focus on him and see if he is padding the meter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not quite. He doesn't appear to be spamming SoC, which would be the only real way of scumbag DPSing the fluids next to the boss... Though he's definitely padding by DPSing fluids, no questions asked. Just that it's probably the fluids that are far from the boss. Take a look at this little bit of information:

This is OP: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/0...?s=9353&e=9736

This is other warlock: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/0...?s=9353&e=9736

Click on the "Damage by actor" tab on each of those pages and you can see that the other warlock did 90 million damage to living fluids, 10million to the boss, and 1.3 million to viscous horrors. Comparing that to OP's 60 million on fluids, 23 million on boss, and 8 million on horrors. I'm guessing since you're both affliction, the other warlock is simply using SB:SS on all of the living fluids that are far from the boss, then picking the lowest HP adds and using drain soul to get back 4 more shards to SB:SS 4 more fluids, and repeating... I could be wrong about that bit, I haven't looked into your logs in huge detail, but that's just my guess at a quick glance.

have you considered going destro with full mastery build for primordius? due to RoF you have essentially infinite embers to use, as well as cleave damage via havoc onto boss, and during lust phase, shadowburn until your hearts content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bennafflock View Post
    have you considered going destro with full mastery build for primordius? due to RoF you have essentially infinite embers to use, as well as cleave damage via havoc onto boss, and during lust phase, shadowburn until your hearts content
    Also, this. I found it extremely curious your raid has 4 affliction warlocks when destruction pulls far superior numbers on that fight. 350k DPS easily using a 4 spell rotation. Mannoroth's Fury + Rain of Fire = more embers than you can spend, keep immolate up on the boss cos it does good deepz, and then spam chaos bolts nonstop, and sub 20% you can spam rain of fire around the entire room for even higher ember generation and spam more shadowburns on the boss than you thought possible. And doing that isn't even maxing out your potential, because like bennafflock said, you can also cleave shadowburns off adds onto the boss using havoc earlier on in the fight. But if you're feeling lazy you can pump out 300k without even batting an eyelid.

Quote Originally Posted by ZaneBusby View Post
    I found it extremely curious your raid has 4 affliction warlocks when destruction pulls far superior numbers on that fight. 350k DPS easily using a 4 spell rotation.
    Yes, but is that 350k useful damage?

I do the fight as affi (25), we have 3-4 affi locks sbss'ing the far 4-5 lanes opposite the boss. Baby slimes die, and the afflocks do 10-20m damage to boss, depending how much effort they make to keep dots on him. I don't attempt to pad and I end up around 280-300k - the vast majority of which is on slimes that die - rather than those already reaching the boss. I could pad by hitting slimes that would reach the boss before dying, but atm we need to get to lei shen wipes asap ;p

My last kill: worldoflogs dot com/reports/rt-njkhnsq59wwq0a1i/sum/damageDone/?s=4050&e=4455
    Last edited by myrlock; 2013-07-19 at 12:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by myrlock View Post
    Yes, but is that 350k useful damage?

I do the fight as affi (25), we have 3-4 affi locks sbss'ing the far 4-5 lanes opposite the boss. Baby slimes die, and the afflocks do 10-20m damage to boss, depending how much effort they make to keep dots on him. I don't attempt to pad and I end up around 280-300k - the vast majority of which is on slimes that die - rather than those already reaching the boss. I could pad by hitting slimes that would reach the boss before dying, but atm we need to get to lei shen wipes asap ;p

My last kill: worldoflogs dot com/reports/rt-njkhnsq59wwq0a1i/sum/damageDone/?s=4050&e=4455
    The majority of it, yes. You're using RoF all around the room which are hitting slimes that reach the boss, which can't be considered useful, but the purpose of hitting those slimes is to give you embers which allows you to pump CBs into the boss, which is entirely useful. Using RoF as destro is never NOT useful damage, because in the end it all equates to a single target DPS increase. And at the same time when your raid starts to need more puddles to run through to get mutated again you can just turn on FnB and start AoEing the shit out of them all and giving your entire raid enough puddles.Though that's with the Kiting strat where the tanks are backpedalling in a circle around the room non-stop. I don't know what you mean by having afflocks on the "opposite" lanes of the boss... non-kiting strat?

Using RoF as destro is never NOT useful damage, because in the end it all equates to a single target DPS increase.
    I don't mean to imply that you shouldn't be casting RoF as destro in a fight like that - I mean that doesn't mean you did 350k of useful dps - so why say destro pulls "far superior numbers"? It pulls bigger numbers for recount, but unless it pulls higher boss damage, or a combination of boss dps and successful mop-up for low health fluids, you aren't helping your raid over another class/spec. Show a log and we can analyse how it compares

By opposite lanes from the boss, I mean boss kiting around the inner circle, with afflocks moving around the opposite side at any point in time. Afflocks dot boss, and the incoming fluids with the furthest time to reach boss - the combined sbss damage is enough to kill them on the way in with minimal cleanup by (in my raid) a boomy. I use 'lanes' to refer to each spawn puddle that slimes come from on their way to the boss - my guilds terminology for assignments before everyone has their debuffs :P
    Last edited by myrlock; 2013-07-19 at 05:00 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not quite. He doesn't appear to be spamming SoC, which would be the only real way of scumbag DPSing the fluids next to the boss... Though he's definitely padding by DPSing fluids, no questions asked. Just that it's probably the fluids that are far from the boss. Take a look at this little bit of information:

This is OP: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/0...?s=9353&e=9736

This is other warlock: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/0...?s=9353&e=9736

Click on the "Damage by actor" tab on each of those pages and you can see that the other warlock did 90 million damage to living fluids, 10million to the boss, and 1.3 million to viscous horrors. Comparing that to OP's 60 million on fluids, 23 million on boss, and 8 million on horrors. I'm guessing since you're both affliction, the other warlock is simply using SB:SS on all of the living fluids that are far from the boss, then picking the lowest HP adds and using drain soul to get back 4 more shards to SB:SS 4 more fluids, and repeating... I could be wrong about that bit, I haven't looked into your logs in huge detail, but that's just my guess at a quick glance.
    I'm quite sure he's just padding casting agony on the fluids on boss side.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, this. I found it extremely curious your raid has 4 affliction warlocks when destruction pulls far superior numbers on that fight. 350k DPS easily using a 4 spell rotation. Mannoroth's Fury + Rain of Fire = more embers than you can spend, keep immolate up on the boss cos it does good deepz, and then spam chaos bolts nonstop, and sub 20% you can spam rain of fire around the entire room for even higher ember generation and spam more shadowburns on the boss than you thought possible. And doing that isn't even maxing out your potential, because like bennafflock said, you can also cleave shadowburns off adds onto the boss using havoc earlier on in the fight. But if you're feeling lazy you can pump out 300k without even batting an eyelid.
    I did some try as destro, mastery build, pulling good numbers. Than i was asked to go affliction because with the "fluids carpet" strategy we had some problems bringing down the fluids in time.

Looking at the damage profile, you appear to be following the priorities of the fight, and he is padding - don't be concerned there - just keeping tri-dot up on primord will get ~20m, and viscous horrors are part of your role as affi on fluids, plus they give a bunch of reliable shards even if you aren't being yelled at to dps them :P - he should be higher on these, before he sbss pads fluids that won't die.

From your damage profile, it looks like you are hardcasting your dots to a fairly large degree, I can't think of any other way your UA would end up higher % than coa - are you running Everlasting afflictions? (You should be ).

Otherwise you look fine imo.

15+ Year Old Account
    No i didn't use EA nor hardcasting any of my dot. I just followed target priority, SS-SB everything in range on the opposite side of the room, replenishing my shard with DS. In the end i am quite satisfacted by my dps, even i can do more on primordius and on the viscous.
    I was really surprised by the the result of my guildmate and i was looking for some advice. Now i see the truth

Ty averyone for your time and suggestions.

Our two locks on this fight don't even touch the boss until the last 20% (sticking on the large viscus adds) the entire time, and AOEing the smaller adds down for others to grab their buffs and transform. with just pounding away on the large adds, and a very small window of being transformed on the boss, your destro numbers would be huge, 250 throughout the fight, then unlimited shadowburns on the boss for the last 20%, so i certainly don't see how you have more "effecting damage" as affliction as opposed to straight damage through destro

The other guy also had 6 more stacks of buffs than the op. 18-12 and fully mutated 3-2.
    Last edited by Subetei; 2013-07-20 at 06:44 PM.