Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyboucher View Post
    FLAT AS FUCK so I never EVER EVVVERRR see "no path available" when trying to use heroic leap... SMH!!!!

I really liked TBC layout however...each zone had it's own feel to it and it was really fun leveling up and discovering each place.
    The pathing for heroic leap is the worst in the game. I can charge mid-air, from a knockback, over a ledge or down a staircase...

...but I can't leap down even ONE step.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    I would like a lot of choice. I felt that Pandaria was alright - it was pointing in the direction I like, as far as zones. They were all very large, but there were very few. One thing I liked about Northrend was the choice between two places to start questing. Cataclysm followed up with this. Granted, it wasn't a problem in the Jade Forest, but at first it was way too crowded there. Everyone starting at the exact same areas for their faction...it caused glitches and such. I was stuck on the helicopter for like 20 minutes.

I'd like to see a tropical area. We've had a few, but none that we stick around for, for a while. Much like how Northrend was mostly snow, and had themes of tundra-esque places, I'd like to see a continent/several islands with all kinds of wildlife and plant life that reflect it. I would love several real-world refences to culture expressed int he tropical area (much more than what we've been shown from Trolls).

Ideally, it would be about 8 zones - two starting zones (90-91), two zones after (91-92), a larger zone that would connect all the previous ones (92-93), and two end zones (93-94, 94-95). The last zone would be a wintergrasp/tol barad/timeless isle area with pvp, world bosses, and/or pet stuff. They could add new areas/islands as the expansion goes on, or they could excavate more of the areas already shown to have the raids and such. I'd like each zone to have tons of quests and fun things to do. I'd like to learn everything there is to learn about the place before we move on to the next zone - a concept done very well in Pandaria imo.

A tropical area/island chain would be a very interesting place. I liked the looks of the Lost Isles, however it fit for that one purpose. There were few people there, no huge civilizations. I'd like to find hidden, undiscovered civilizations or Titan places. Another Titan vault/city that starts with Uld- would be perfect. There could be all kinds of wonderous hidden things inside the jungles and ancient cities of the previously unknown races we discover.

Alternatively, we could have underwater zones. I know most people hate that idea because of Vashj'ir. I, however, would love it if we couldn't swim, and the concept was basically the same as above-ground zones. We'd walk, jump, and use mounts (however, there could be a plethora of sea mounts added instead of flying). The explanation would be the pressure of the ocean causing us to not be allowed to swim...(or magic). For an underwater zone, we could have sunken cities of the Highborne, the kingdom of the Makrura, hidden vaults of the Titans, forgotten horrors, or other races. I'd want an Atlantis-like feeling there. There could definitely be a kingdom of Kvaldir that extends on the storyline of the rivalry between them and the Naga. The same layout and concept would be the same - about 8 zones with plenty to do.

I liked how Pandaria was handled - I like having too much to do. I would just hope the new zones look different in the next expansion than anything else we've seen.
    Yeah i want a titan zone thats a forest like stv. Uldrakar with trolls and titan mutations.

The more zones the better to be honest, I like being able to choose from a variety of areas to level
    Mighty one, never forget.

Actually I would prefer not having to quest 5 levels again, before starting the endlevelstuff again
    I like questing every now and then, but grinding through it, so I can acess the main part of the game always annoyed me.

So Just 6 new maxlevel zones, that reward valor and other cool stuff would be fine for me.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

10+ Year Old Account
    i want some big lands with 10levels, the first time leveling to 100 should take some time and not be doable in a week, but i think every few months the xp needed to level should be lowered a bit to be a bit more forgiving for alts.

zones with a lot of variety, i don't want 4 grass zones and 2 snow zones, make it a variety please!
    dragonmaw - EU

Deleted
    I'd want something radically different, I think.

Like, a meta story that is told in two small expansions, both developed and released quickly one after the other.

So in expansion 1, for instance, the Burning Legion could invade Azeroth, and we'd need to escape to Argus in hopes of severing their reinforcements there, thus ending the invasion. Then in expansion 2, perhaps 6-12 months later, we'd go back to Azeroth and kick them out. New leveling in both expansions, as well as a couple of raids. But clever use of assets so that they could push content out quicker, or at least make it feel like we don't have to wait as long for meaningful new content as we do now.

Multiple lands.

The legion invades, and we salvage parts from their magical spaceships to retrofit the exodar.

We repair exodar and use it as a base as we fly through the galaxy, taking on the legion on multiple planets.

Though I'd prefer that to be more of a "patch by patch, raid by raid" thing. Home base stays the same, but the places we go change.
    Last edited by Wazooty; 2013-07-19 at 10:14 PM.

i want lots of story content at end game.

i want huge zones atleast the size of pandaria if not bigger .

and i want all the zones to look as unique as pandaria did.

if its burning legion i want less lazy zones like hellfire and more zangarmarsh esque levels of unique

if its south seas i wanna see plunder isle filled with bloodsail and unique pirate esque locales, i want fancy jungles filled iwth bats and trolls and ruins and naga, i want the tomb of sargewras filled with new demons spawned from his corpse, naga fighting for magic stuffs, all kinds of evil plans, i want less underwater night elf stuff and more steampunk naga cities.

i want new exotic animals like pandaria brought.

i want to see things ive either never seen or only seen glimpses of and i want more murlocs!
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I want there to be more zone choice. Pandaria did a good job of having more zones, but still didn't provide us with any choice of zones. I'd like there to be multiple paths to take through the leveling, so every alt can feel different.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

15+ Year Old Account
    OP dailies are there for a reason, they give us content when there is none other to do. Quests can only be done once, while dailies can be done multiple times. If you remove dailies you remove one source of income.

I'd like to see more phased zones such as Mount Hyjal and Vashj'ir. It is more fun to progress through the zones and push your camp forward than to just be sent to the next camp which already exist during a quest chain. Depending on how many levels we get in next expansion the amount of zones will be different. Though I would like a 5 level expansion again. Since they always tend to have the leveling duration to be the same whether it is 10 or 5. I want the high level zone to be more of a fly to floating island stuff. That would lead to some fun questing, wouldn't matter if we get to fly ourselves or not, if it is 10 level expansion they could do like with Northrend unlock flying 2 levels before max.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    OP dailies are there for a reason, they give us content when there is none other to do. Quests can only be done once, while dailies can be done multiple times. If you remove dailies you remove one source of income.

I'd like to see more phased zones such as Mount Hyjal and Vashj'ir. It is more fun to progress through the zones and push your camp forward than to just be sent to the next camp which already exist during a quest chain. Depending on how many levels we get in next expansion the amount of zones will be different. Though I would like a 5 level expansion again. Since they always tend to have the leveling duration to be the same whether it is 10 or 5. I want the high level zone to be more of a fly to floating island stuff. That would lead to some fun questing, wouldn't matter if we get to fly ourselves or not, if it is 10 level expansion they could do like with Northrend unlock flying 2 levels before max.

Well, i never said remove dailys in the first place.. I said launch with about half as many as Pandaria did, and have battlefield barrens type stuff in every zone to mix it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I kinda liked the Mists approach. 1 larger starting zone, divided by faction, and then several zones to choose from after that.

My main went through and had to finish the whole of Townlong and the whole of Dread Wastes, even grinding some mobs at the end of each, cause I didn't have rested XP to work with, and had skipped a complete zone + several hubs in 2 others. All in the name of being better geared and quicker to 90. So initially I was kinda bummed that Pandaria was a small leveling experience that I couldn't switch up very much.

On subsequent toons though it worked perfectly, and now with the decreased XP needed it's even easier. There's plenty of content to play through, even with "only" 6 zones + end game zone.

I don't think it's very realistic to want or expect 10 zones or something. I'd much rather they'd put that time and effort towards sufficient, and varied end game content.

I would like another underwater zone. Maybe even a sky zone, a sky zone would be cool don't you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Seani View Post
    I would like another underwater zone. Maybe even a sky zone, a sky zone would be cool don't you think.
    Yeah I think that would be very cool.

Argus. It'd be nice if it was somewhat preserved from when the draenei left and doesn't look like Shadowmoon Valley.

Quote Originally Posted by cyqu View Post
    i want a place i can blow through mindlessly in under 10hours so i can start working towards end game content just like every other expansion.
    Sadly I am inclined to agree, this is usually what happens with me at the start of every expansion, half assing the whole leveling experience to get to the new level cap.

lots of zone with lots of leveling content. i love leveling!!!

For some reason, I keep thinking some of the zones will have a Shadowmoon Valley type of look. I don't know why. Though I wouldn't mind more Nagrand type zones! Love that zone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Basically like Northrend.
    Two entry quest zones, a split up the middle, and a couple of different places you could choose to level if you get ahead due to dungeons, BGs, etc.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

10+ Year Old Account
    Always heard that Argus is huge like crazy, so i would like 30 giant zones.
    World bosses
    Big Reputation factions
    new capital like dalaran/shatrath
    a giant portal like Outland =D
    A big bad ass end boss, Sargeras/Kil'jaeden
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?