Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    10 levels of lore packed questlines. Approximately 80+ quests comprising the major lore of a zone, with 20+ quests for various other lore. Like Horde in Nagrand.
    I'd also like to see dungeons, raids and scenarios to have some kind of prequest(-line) before you can enter. With followup quests inside that tie the overall lore of expansion/continent together.

For example in Vanilla Blackrock Depths was tied together with Upper Blackrock Spire through the Onyxia attunement quest.
    Upper Blackrock Spire was tied with Lower Blackrock Spire and the area near Onyxia for the entrance quest into Upper Blackrock Spire.
    The Onxya attunement quest also took you all over the world introducing you to the 4 dragonflights other than Onyxia's Black flight.
    Blackrock Depths was also tied to Molten Core through an attunement quest.
    Molten Core was in turn tied to Blackwing Lair through the questline for Thunderfury.
    Blackwing Lair was also tied to Onyxia since you needed the Blackflame Cloak to protect you vs certain bosses
    The boss of Blackwing Lair, Nefarian, and Onyxia are also siblings.

The moment you set foot in Blackrock Depths, you were in for a long and epic ride on the rollercoaster of lore all over the world. I miss that kind of connection between places.

10+ Year Old Account
    In terms of leveling path, something similar to WotLk. What I mean by that is, WotLK had multiple level paths such as Borean Tundra or Howling Fjord.
    Scenery-wise, I liked Outland. Don't get me wrong, there were some places I hated in Outland (Zangarmarsh), but I just loved the variety in scenery.

I wanna be able to fly anywhere and everywhere right from the start and never have my ability to fly taken away the entire xpac, unless it's a zone that is EXCLUSIVELY for PvP, then they can all run around trapped on the ground if they want. I also want a minimum of phasing that breaks you away from playing with others. That's such a tiresome mechanic, when you do a zone and then can't help a friend because you're phased out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Zones should reflect the state of the land. Depending on where we are, i want glows and lava and danger. i want physical terrain threats.

Quests that are fun to do and repeatable. i really felt MoP dropped the ball on this. i hated releveling alts through pandaria. Another Wintergrasp - better designed than tol barad.

Dungeons should be challenging and require some CC. Challenge Modes should be uber hard.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Korru View Post
    I want it to be like Outland and Northrend with 10 levels of questing.
    10 levels and several zones with varied landscape.

15+ Year Old Account
    Something to do with the seasons. A nice snowy zone, beautiful autumn type zone, nice green sunny place etc. Northrend was my fave zone wise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Argus? The Draenei homeworld!
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...trife/advanced
    WoW: Winterstrife, Level 120 Human Paladin | ESO: Strife Valor, CP 610 Dunmer Magblade | GW2: Inquisitor Strife, Level 80 Human Renegede.

My dream would be a Legion themed expansion where the new zones are on a new planet (or even dimension?), but with a different look than Outland of course. I just don't wan't some other "hidden continent" again. I liked the feel of Pandaria to be sure and it's been a great expansion, but I'm ready for a bit more serious atmosphere.
    Last edited by Raseri; 2013-07-20 at 04:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

^^ like dis ^^
    Look! Words!

Im thinking 5 normal zones, and 5 'premium' zones where when you click on the portal to travel there it brings up a prompt that takes you to the Blizzard cash shop where you can pay $5 to unlock the zones where all XP is +200% and mobs have a higher drop rate.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

I want it to be a giant continent with lots of zone options.
    You start at one zone and get a choice to be sent to either half of that zone (maybe the whole place is a giant battlefield)

Next up you get a choice to get to one of two more zones. Basically choose which part of the story you want to partake in. Then maybe all get sent to the same gigantic region before the next levels, where you get a choice again.

With so much content and quests, maybe after going through this progression on one character it becomes easier for our alts. So they only need go through the main quest chains to get to the next place

10+ Year Old Account
    The ideas on this thread are great however I would like to see Secret Cow Level zone with rainbows and sparkles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    Constantly adding new continents or worlds to the game, kinda bores me.

I'd want them to stick to the old lore, the old familiar zones and factions and update the storylines and zones according to the lore.

Durotar: L90-91
    Theramore: L91-92
    Lordaeron: L92-93
    Icecrown: L93-94
    Shadowmoon Valley: L94-95

Yes, please. Thanks.
    I cant think of anything more boring. Cata was bad enough, but you want them to revamp old zones for max level? The forum tears would never stop flowing, and people would never stop yelling rehash.

10+ Year Old Account
    10 levels of jade-forest quality leveling, breadth, and depth, in zones as beautiful as storm peaks, howling fjord, and sholazar. If they're going to take place on Argus, they should be as alien as Zangarmarsh mixed with shadowmoon.

Oh, and if it's going to take place on another planet, I hope and pray that they're actually going to invent new and interesting native wildlife to populate it, instead of sticking us with wolves, owls, and spiders like they did in BC...
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Bloodsail Admiral Transmigration's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korru View Post
    I want it to be like Outland and Northrend with 10 levels of questing.
    This. Something like Northrend would be awesome. I loved having a choice when it came to where I wanted to level. It was also beautifully designed and had great music. MoP's areas are ok, and so is the music, but it doesn't have shit on Northrend imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I want a big place with more than one leveling area to choose from. Two start areas, two mid-point areas and some overlap. I definitely want a Wintergrasp again.
    AV as the new Wintergrasp! Also Gil'neas turned into a questing zone and Stormgard as a functioning Alliance Hold.

And I agree with having a new continent with 2 zones for starting out. Something like the Ashlands on one end and an isle splitting off the continent on the other.

I would personally prefer Xeroth over Argus. First raid tier culminates in the true death of a Dreadlord and that catching the eye of the biggest Legion lieutentants.

A massive quest that goes through all the different zones follows Turalyon as he was whisked away to Xeroth sometime, you follow his story and find out that he's found a way to kill a demon.

OR maybe the first raid tier actually being a level 90 raid/open world raid to halt a massive Legion invasion and then taking the fight to Xeroth as we level to 100 and then finally to Argus where we begin the Path of the Titans as an end game leveling system.

A zone with Storm Peaks-like Titan artifacts that are corrupted and hellish looking.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2013-07-20 at 08:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    I want meaningful content related to the lore I enjoy. Sending us of to yet another unknown place where the Hootsies are at odds with the Tootsies, or <insert new made up random tentacle old gold> is causing some trouble doesn't interest me.

I'd rather have my leveling experience being a continuation of a storyline that shows the aftermath of the rebellion in Durotar or what the Alliance' reaction might be, what might be going on in Theramore, Dalaran and Stormwind. What might be going on in Lordaeron and Icecrown and Shadowmoon Valley right now etc.

Entire Mists of Pandaria was a pretty damn uninteresting experience for me sadly. Twilight Highlands in Cataclysm was awesome ... Mount Hyjal was great too, but the rest, bleh. New zones don't interest me much, neither do new plants, landscape and tree compositions.
    There's absolutely no way they are going to turn low level areas into 90+ areas, especially after Cata. I would wager you are in the minority on not liking new zones and lore.

Deleted
    a huge city full of big buildings n castles n shit (like stormwind and org) but like the size of the entire area i.e stormwind as big as elwynn forest.. or bigger.. with plenty of buildings to explore and backstreet style PvP would be cool.

I just want a zone that's completely devoted to Northern Barrens type content, it's much more enjoyable than dailies for me.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

Quests that are not remarkably similar for both factions would be nice.

And a world that doesn't make me say, "Wow, that's pretty." I'd prefer "holy shit this place is awesome/different/not panda land!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Standsinfire View Post
    Me: whyumad* fixed. Seriously though, it's only because they rapin' eveerbody in here and I don't want you to be snatched out yo' windows.
    Quote Originally Posted by noepeen View Post
    If that were my dog, I'd Hulk Smash the fuck out of that raccoon.
    Or I'd shit my pants.