Page 33 of 121 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    That guy bought the hat! I don't like Blizzard selling hats. Let's punish him for not abiding my views!

Sounds oddly familiar to people harassing others for their political views.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    So an eye for an eye. How medieval.

Do you people really expect Blizzard to listen to morons who act like 3-year olds who didn't get the piece of candy they wanted?
    This is off-topic completely, but Eye for an Eye is a law from the Code of Hammurabi, which is from 1750 BC, the first dynasty of Babylon. Not quite medieval.

On topic...this is still going on for 30+ pages?
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    People being kicked for wearing an item they purchased with their own money to wear for their own enjoyment.

And yet these people kicking players who have done nothing wrong still have the balls to talk bad about Blizzard?

Pathetic doesn't even cover it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    You could make them obtainable ingame by having them drop from some named mob with long respawn time. The drop chance would have to be extremely low though, something like <1%.

If that were the case most people would still buy them from the store.
    I'm not so sure. It does kinda take the shine off it for those who bought it. The high price on the store is intended to ensure exclusivity afterall.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only uproar I seem to remember in recent years was the whole Real ID issue with real names being displayed on the forums. I'd like links to the one you're talking about because I don't remember a thing about that.
    I actually remember that thing also so he's probably not wrong. So yes, sometimes the community IS right, as it was when opposing the real name on forums thing. It's just that cross-realm grouping is game-changing and someone having silly horns of fire... isn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    If they're obtainable in game then people won't buy them from the store and Blizzard won't make money and this defeats the purpose of having them in the store in the first place.
    make them incredibly rare drops off bosses/BMAH only ... so either rely on stupid RNG/pay 999.999 gold for it or buy for 15$... I'm sure many players would still chose to pay 15$

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    This is off-topic completely, but Eye for an Eye is a law from the Code of Hammurabi, which is from 1750 BC, the first dynasty of Babylon. Not quite medieval.

On topic...this is still going on for 30+ pages?
    of course

we have to let all of those people who probably dont even read a forum know how pathetic they are for kicking people out of lfr for buying gaudy retarded looking hats

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    People who bought the sparkle horse got the same treatment IIRC.

But eh, this seems harsher.
    Give it a month and no one will remember it. It was the same with the Sparklepony, until the novelty wore off and people realized the world wasn't ending.
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    It is a message to Blizzard that you are targetting the wrong guys. You should be unsubbing, not kicking some guy who buys the helmet. But I suppose you are the sort of people who kills the harbinger of bad news.

BLIZZARD put these things up for sale. If you hate it...UNSUB!!!!!! Don't let your anger out on the players who bought it. Do you hit your kids if your wife pisses you off?
    You should stop and think about what you're saying. It's incredibly offensive. Hint: the logical conclusion of your statement is that when your wife pisses you off, the appropriate response is to hit her, and not the kids. Don't try to argue, just admit that analogies to domestic violence are completely inappropriate and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    Such a defense of cash-shop "improvements" is extremely upsetting. People don't even have a clue what they are condoning. It's very sad, but it will also be hilarious to see when cash-shop will become a sharp-blade, inflicting lethal bleeding wound in this game, it's quality and community. Blade, cutting down the very spirit of WoW... $$$ All that remains is just wait for the sad show.

Even if it would be gear with stats, people would still blindly defend it - "Hey, it's just leveling gear" or "Hey, it's not max ilvl gear". I am sure that even if it would be BiS gear, we would still see some maddening excuses.
    There's a lot of "if" in this post. I have yet to see any tangible and logical arguments made for the claim that the store somehow negatively impacts gameplay. All I've seen so far is a lot of whining about how people can't look as flashy as the other guy. Like two horns of fire is suddenly going to jump your dps by 10%.

Thank you for that

In a nutshell: You vote with your dollars Taking it out on customers who bough a problem is..I know I repeat myself...pathetic.
    It defers other people from buying it then and supporting something that some people don't want in the game.

I am still wondering...if you so hate that company..why do you play? And if you don't...pray tell us...what company did you find worthy to pay your money. Hell..let us look at this forum. I am sure the people here run it out of goodwill and Boubouille pays 2 million of his own funds to keep it free for us all to spout our nonsense in.

Newsflash...everyone is in it for the money...suddenly it is bad that Blizzard is in for it it too? You seriously think "back in the days" they made D1 and WoW just to "heal the world..make it a better place..for you..and me..and the entire human race...."?
    Sir, excuse me sir! What did you shove in my mouth? There are words here that didn't originate from me. Please refrain from sticking your words in other people's orifices.

I never said I hated this company or wished them ill will. I simply do not agree with the need for a cash shop on top of my monthly sub. Hell, even the monthly sub is pushing it in an era dominated by F2P, but the quality of the raids can allow me to turn a blind eye to that aspect. I also find it ridiculous for these people to be scrounging up numbers of server cost, staff cost, tech cost and spouting business and stock analyses as though they are on the Blizzard or Activision payroll! It's absurd and they need to learn it is OK as their role of consumer to disagree with something their beloved company does.

These people are literally taking it as a personal attack. It is not. It is criticism of a company and their business practices. Really the only 2 options the apologists need to worry about are either A. Agree B. Ignore and continue enjoying the product. That they feel the need to jump in and defend Blizzard's handling of business as though they themselves are in a court dispute representing Blizzard is completely un-necessary. That's all I'm saying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boatking View Post
    I think it's a legit form of protest. Petty perhaps, but legit nonetheless.
    protesting what? the fact that someone has money to spend....lol
    you are a petty person indeed, you must live a sad life

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't bother to even look at a 1 hr 30 min video to see where all these ppl are getting kicked or see any proof in the article and didn't see a flood of people in the comment section either. Maybe it is in there somewhere but I did a few LFR on alts after finishing the raids for the week and i have not see that happen but maybe a few people complaining they got kicked becauae of their new helm (or maybe their playstyle wasn't up to what the raid was looking for IDK) means that it is running rampant but it is far more likely that the vocal minority is talking again.
    Just because I don't care does'nt mean I don't understand

I know the voices in my head are not real BUT they have some REALLY good ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Jerycho View Post
    People being kicked for wearing an item they purchased with their own money to wear for their own enjoyment.

And yet these people kicking players who have done nothing wrong still have the balls to talk bad about Blizzard?

Pathetic doesn't even cover it.
    Again, this didn't happen. Find me the player this happened to. What is pathetic is automatically believing what people tell you.

How does this "content" negatively impact your experience?
    In the future, I'd like to not have to pay outside of my subscription for content, yes, including cosmetic content.

Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    Thats your opinion. My opinion is that these items should not be only available in stores but also available through gameplay. And that will take care of all kicks since you can not say that ppl "bought" their way through the game or played it. Problem solved.

After all - this still is a sub based game so its only fair that ppl have a chance to get all things through gameplay.
    Yet there have been things in this game where you needed to pay extra from day 1. Why is it now suddenly a problem and wasn't it 10 years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    What do I think? I think i lol'd irl

and people say raiders created the toxic community in this game hahaha

That is pretty funny.
    Agreed. Strait lol'd irl when i saw this on the front page.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I'm not so sure. It does kinda take the shine off it for those who bought it. The high price on the store is intended to ensure exclusivity afterall.
    If they wanted the price to ensure exclusivity they would have made it higher. The reason they are selling them for $15 is because they know they can sell them for that. Would they sell more of them if they priced them at $10? Yeah they probably would, but I doubt they would be selling enough to make up for the lower price.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Again - It was still just industry 9 years back .. and 5 years back.. and 2 weeks ago.... Blizzard just decided to betray part of their loyal long term subscriber base by adding in game microtransaction into the plans.

Thats not how you treat players. You can create NEW games like pardo said 5 years back that have these things built in .. but you do not add them later on... UNLESS you are betraying your playerbase in a subscription driven game.