Page 41 of 121 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have to say, it’s hilarious that this is actually happening. If widespread enough, I can’t really see what Blizzard’s response will be. They obviously don’t want something like this, but I can’t really think of anything they can possibly do to curb it without making vote kicking near impossible.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

I havent had anyone I know vote kicked from anything for having the helm. Its also not like you cant just requeue and get back in a LFR or dungeon anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by shanthi View Post
    No, I am wanting you to understand a pretty simple logical progression:

1. Making things costs money
    2. Blizzard has to pay that money
    3. Blizzard also wants to make a profit
    4. Therefore, things Blizzard makes will cost you, the consumer, money

Where in that is the call for empathy? Again, no one is suggesting that you feel sorry for Blizzard. Just that you acknowledge basic economic realities. Which is pretty much as far from emotion as it gets.

So, "I disagree with the pricing structure" = "unethical business practices"

This thread gets better and better. Honestly. I'm loving it.
    So, "I disagree with people who disagree with the pricing structure" = "basic economic reality"

Boy it sure does get better and better. Or would... If your opinion was the only one in the thread.

But your opinion of good or bad business is the only one that can be considered! If a product or service is perceived as priced too high that's just basic economic reality! If it's priced just right or too low that's a bargain for the consumer! Brilliant sir!

Also: I don't play wow for free as it's not F2P. I AM paying them for their service. Now they want to charge me an extra 15 for a hat graphic? That's not double dipping or being unreasonable? Why is an entire raid tier included in my 15/mo but a helm is a separate 15? It's basic economic reality? Sounds like basic economic stupidity. They've priced themselves right out of the market with these helms for most people, and may have worse repercussions from people who cancel their subs to boycott them.
    Last edited by Donair; 2013-07-20 at 02:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    No, everyone doesn't know this. Just because you and a handful of bullies have something in your head, a grudge against Blizzard, doesn't mean "everyone knows." Christ almighty.

If you want to speak out against Blizzard's business practices, then haul your butt out to Irvine California and park on their front lawn, shout obscenities, and raise a ruckus. Don't take it out on some average Joe who saw a helmet in the store, said "that looks pretty cool" and spent his own damn money on the thing. You selfish, narrow-minded little... AGH.

I swear, it isn't the "business practice" of Blizzard that makes me lose faith in humanity, it's people like you.
    Nope. They deserved it and I'd like to buy the kickers a beverage.

Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    If this shit is actually happening, it's beyond asinine and anyone who does it should really feel ashamed of themselves.
    It's happening, and you're dead on. They should take a good long look at their lives. "Petty" doesn't even begin to describe what it takes to kick a fellow player from a game for their "crime" of buying a cosmetic item they liked the look of.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldfingaz View Post
    I'm really tired of people countering slippery slope arguments by insisting all slippery slopes are fallacy. Read my post I linked and it shows an actual slippery slope.
    Slippery slope arguments aren't entirely fallacy but neither are they fact. Too often they are used as a predicate to construct a prediction that posits it as a fact.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    MMO-champion blowing shit out of proportion again. Anyone surprised?

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    If this is happening, I really hope Blizzard starts banning people. All that these "protesters" have proven, is that they're afraid to cancel their own subscription. Maybe if Blizzard starts cracking a few eggs, the rest will fall in line. And yes, we know that its technically not against the rules, but what you guys don't understand is that Blizzard can ban you for anything. You're poking the bear and expecting it not to smack you.

In the end, the only reason you guys "protest", is because of jealousy. You're jealous that someone else has obtained something that you can't. Yes, you CAN'T. You guys are bound by some unknown law that seems to forbid you from buying an item which doesn't affect you in the slightest.
    I'd be happy to receive a ban. That way I'd become a data point at a developer meeting: Players are getting harassed and kicked from LFR groups; we've had to ban x number of players and deal with y number of customer service complaints; taken together with the controversy it has caused in the community, is the deleterious effect this is having on our game worth it in the long term?

And the word is contempt, not jealousy. You're disgusted at me for thinking people who buy this crap deserve to be kicked from LFR groups; that's okay, because I'm equally disgusted at them for buying them and in doing so supporting a policy that betrays the values Blizzard once stood for.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Nope. They deserved it and I'd like to buy the kickers a beverage.
    People like you are poison for the soul.

Knock it off with the personal remarks [ML]
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-07-20 at 02:38 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    haha that's awesome. justice served
    - These people bought items that have NO affect on me whatsoever therefor Justice is served, They don't hinder game-play they do not give an advantage it is just a vanity item thus he or she deserves a kick

What the fuck how is this justice?

LOL

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Donair View Post
    So, "I disagree with people who disagree with the pricing structure" = "basic economic reality"

Boy it sure does get better and better. Or would... If your opinion was the only one in the thread.

But your opinion of good or bad business is the only one that can be considered! If a product or service is perceived as priced too high that's just basic economic reality! If it's priced just right or too low that's a bargain for the consumer! Brilliant sir!
    Your sarcasm needs work, sir.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    No, everyone doesn't know this. Just because you and a handful of bullies have something in your head, a grudge against Blizzard, doesn't mean "everyone knows." Christ almighty.

If you want to speak out against Blizzard's business practices, then haul your butt out to Irvine California and park on their front lawn, shout obscenities, and raise a ruckus. Don't take it out on some average Joe who saw a helmet in the store, said "that looks pretty cool" and spent his own damn money on the thing. You selfish, narrow-minded little... AGH.

I swear, it isn't the "business practice" of Blizzard that makes me lose faith in humanity, it's people like you.
    I have to agree with this. Blizzards business practice is no worse than most business out there.

Edit: How does a cosmetic item effect your raid(refering to other posts in the thread not the quoted post)?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by I make people mad View Post
    - These people bought items that have NO affect on me whatsoever therefor Justice is served

What the fuck.
    you're very naive if you think that such items have no effect on the rest of the player base or the game then again you're probably a good cow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I make people mad View Post
    - These people bought items that have NO affect on me whatsoever therefor Justice is served

What the fuck.
    I feel like I saw a thread similar to this when the Mounts were announced back in Wrath. But it was actually not happening. Threads like this only serve to show you who in the community or atleast on this site are awful people, like the guy you just responded to.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    you're very naive if you think that such items have no effect on the rest of the player base or the game
    You're just plain overreacting lol like I'd make fun of you pretty hard but I can't I like having my slate clean the fact is. You're fucking overreacting it DOESN'T DO SHIT it doesn't give a fucking advantage

Justice my ass

You don't even know the definition of justice

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hablix View Post
    I'd be happy to receive a ban. That way I'd become a data point at a developer meeting: Players are getting harassed and kicked from LFR groups; we've had to ban x number of players and deal with y number of customer service complaints; taken together with the controversy it has caused in the community, is the deleterious effect this is having on our game worth it in the long term?

And the word is contempt, not jealousy. You're disgusted at me for thinking people who buy this crap deserve to be kicked from LFR groups; that's okay, because I'm equally disgusted at them for buying them and in doing so supporting a policy that betrays the values Blizzard once stood for.
    This seems to be a pretty pervasive fantasy. I hate to destroy dreams, but even if it's happening a lot (which it probably isn't), people will lose interest as they get used to seeing them all over the place, just like with the celestial steed. Panic in Blizzard headquarters isn't going to happen.

Sorry.

I like it and find it quite funny. If being kicked out of an LFR or LFD prevents even one person from buying the next thing from the cash shop then it's a successful action imo. The cash shop is a pile of crap and never should be used by anyone. All it's giving way to is them actually putting something that does affect game play on the shop cause they know they'll make money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    42 pages already, THE ULTIMATE TOPIC?, blizzstore cash cow $$$ QQ, with the biggest running debate ever seen in WoW, LFR.....could this topic be set to overtake the pony crap?
    Actually yes, I think so. A lot of people obviously feel some line was crossed when the cosmetic items introduced into the store were something other than pets or mounts but stuff you wear on your character. I don't necessarily agree with them because I do think that transmogrification in and of itself changed a lot of those rules but change is hard. If our mounts had been made part of our combat kit and contributed something to healing and damage back in vanilla then I could imagine much the same sort of response after this long of a time.

That's as fair as I can be about it. I don't think that makes it any more valid necessarily.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

The type of people that would kick someone for this are the type we no longer need anyways. Stop complaining and enjoy the game or just quit.

It's blizzard's world, they can do whatever they want. If they want to sell vanity items, gear upgrades, w/e, doesn't matter. You will either play/pay or not play/pay, and that's all that matters to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by brunnor View Post
    I like it and find it quite funny. If being kicked out of an LFR or LFD prevents even one person from buying the next thing from the cash shop then it's a successful action imo.
    It won't. People being jerks in LFR is not uncommon and doesn't make people reevaluate their lives.

Sorry.