Page 5 of 121 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Considering how apathetic people are in LFR about kicking others, I doubt this is very widespread, if it's occurring at all.
    Seriously, it's hard enough to get people to kick AFKer's in LFR. Maybe a LFR with 20 people from a guild did it to troll someone, but I really can't see the LFRs I experience to actually be coordinated enough to kick people just for transmog.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's called standing up to the man.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanko View Post
    Yeah, because we all know how much of an impact those helmets have on your performance...
    That XP Potion and Lesser charms are totally cosmetic

Yeah.

No.

Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    All I can say about it is that I can well understand ppl for doing that. There are some very heated discussions going on and I think Blizzard just went totally overboard in implementing these items, their pricing and the fact that most players are now realising that in game micro transaction is soon to follow.

Right now I think there is a big majority of players that do not like WOW to have this ingame store on top of subscription. So Blizzard forcing these items in without actually having laid the ground for it - just backfired badly.

Personally - I think it can only be a good thing to see players flex their power in game like this. It will hopefully get the developers and the corporate minds actually thinking about the players before they decide to create a new business model for a game .... without even asking the players what they thought of it.
    Why? Should subscriber not have the right to play with ppl that do not pay extra for ingame items ? If they choose so .. whats wrong with that ?
    Well... I dont look at it as a personal attack on a person that is kicked from LFR or LFG. I think everyone knows that its done because of the business practice of the company that sold them.
    Well... looking at it from a "ruining others game experience" point of view. Some might actually find it ruin their game experience to all of a sudden see WOW turn into a game where real life money is starting to control how players ingame look.
    I don't believe this has ever happened (it's hard enough to get people kicked for real reasons, let alone a flimsy reason like this) and the OP is saying 'other people think this, some people believe that' but just means his own beliefs.

We get it, OP. You don't like mogs on the item store.

10+ Year Old Account
    This might be the most childish thing I have ever seen lol.

The helms are purely cosmetic, they give no advantage whatsoever.

This would be like AFKing a league of legends game because someone has a skin that you dont have the money for......

10+ Year Old Account
    The vast majority of the player base has already gotten used to cosmetic items on the Blizzard store. It's only the hardcore posters (hardcore about posting, not hardcore raiders, to clarify) who bother splitting hairs about "Well, mounts and pets are one thing but transmog helmets totally break the unwritten holy promise that game developers have with customers about subscriptions and microtransactions!"
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

You have to be a pretty pathetic individual to kick someone from LFR or LFG for wearing a certain transmog, even if it is bought.

Wasting money on a transmog item makes you stupid. Kicking someone for wasting their own money makes you far more idiotic.

The only way that this impacts people who don't buy the items is it gives Blizzard extra revenue to improve things with, or even just spend that money making more transmog items, who cares? It doesn't effect you. But, people are pathetic sometimes, so just let them be.

15+ Year Old Account
    Now you can wear your Celestial Steed on your head!
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=54811

Instantly identify yourself to everyone around you as one of "those" players, even when you aren't mounted!

Deleted
    You know what?
    I will just get that helm to troll others in LFR!
    And then beating most of them in DPS as a tank.
    I typically end up in the top 5 anyway, maybe I should start taking it seriously.
    I have a transmog set, which will look OK with that red helm.

Gz for getting a new customer to the cash shop.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by loganroth51 View Post
    This might be the most childish thing I have ever seen lol.
    Like I said: If it actually happened, it's just another presentation of how immature some people are.

Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    Seriously, it's hard enough to get people to kick AFKer's in LFR. Maybe a LFR with 20 people from a guild did it to troll someone, but I really can't see the LFRs I experience to actually be coordinated enough to kick people just for transmog.
    Well.... the gamebreakertv.com legendary show are for example talking about those sort of kicks happening. Olivia was also talking about how badly her guild reacted to it when she showed up with the helm.

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/video-game...legendary-135/

10+ Year Old Account
    Ha that is funny. Might stop people paying a ridiculous amount for ONE cosmetic item while other mmos sells whole sets for a fraction of the price.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty sad to kick someone over an item.

But on the other hand it's actually pretty funny to hear this xD

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Well... looking at it from a "ruining others game experience" point of view. Some might actually find it ruin their game experience to all of a sudden see WOW turn into a game where real life money is starting to control how players ingame look.
    So I should be kicked out of a group because I bought the Cinder Kitten pet through the store? I should be kicked out because I bought a bunch of pixels to support a charity? Grow the fuck up and stop the "special snowflake" mentality, that shit is toxic.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    You know..it just struck me when I drove 5 hrs on a train home?

If I buy a 500 ml soda in a store it is 30 cents
    If I buy that soda at 10 pm in a pizza place because supermarkets are close I pay 1.50 Euros
    If I buy it on my train today ...it is 3 Euros

Nobody stands up to shove what I would call a shitty business model down anybodies throat.

It isn't even a situation where you need a drink because you are parched and forgot to buy one. This is about (excuse my french but I am right now furious) fucking transmog items that NOBODY needs to buy. It is pixels in a bloody game. If you decide to become a sociopath about people buying pixels and making Blizzard 12 Euros richer, you got issues. You have forgotten what real shit goes down in the real world.

It is MY money. If I earn it, it is my decision to spend it buying a house, a car or a transmog helmet and you neither get to punish me..not Blizzard, nor an automobile company, no a real estate over how I do my business with anyone.

What the hell is up with you people? If you want some worthy cause..protest against some real injustice in the word...genocides, genetic altered food, destruction of the environment.

But a comapny that offers cosmetic pixels items is no 1 on your hate list. Pathetic.
    Agreed 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanko View Post
    You know what?
    I will just get that helm to troll others in LFR!
    And then beating most of them in DPS as a tank.
    I typically end up in the top 5 anyway, maybe I should start taking it seriously.
    I have a transmog set, which will look OK with that red helm.

Gz for getting a new customer to the cash shop.
    Kinda OT but what set? I'v been trying really hard to find a good looking plate set to that red helmet (not the fire with horns).

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by El Plastico View Post
    It's called standing up to the man.
    It's called being childish, immature and obnoxious.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Baphomette View Post
    I don't believe this has ever happened (it's hard enough to get people kicked for real reasons, let alone a flimsy reason like this) and the OP is saying 'other people think this, some people believe that' but just means his own beliefs.

We get it, OP. You don't like mogs on the item store.
    Again - talking about the helmets and the effect it is having in game and community atm.

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/video-game...legendary-135/

And dont forget. These ppl are fans... And are trying to make it sound good.

It seems some people don't understand the reason for this opposition, or they choose to ignore it just to argue...

Many players believe that having a cash shop on top of sub fees is harmful to the game and is insulting to the players. To see someone having bought these items and parading around in them suggests that the person is complicit in something that others oppose, thus they don't like them.

Imagine if you were protesting against fur clothing and you saw someone walk by wearing a fur coat - this is the same thing.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2013-07-19 at 10:32 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thek3mp View Post
    That XP Potion and Lesser charms are totally cosmetic
    We where talking about helms, not those. But even those are a pathetic excuse to flame Bliz.
    Anyone who plays this game seriously knows that the leveling process is just a nuisance.
    It was fine the first time, but man it is boring as hell.
    And you can get 50 coins in 1.5-2 hours? -> Again, no one cares.