If that's really happening, I think it's funny. It would serve them right for supporting Blizzard's greed.

Deleted
    You support them and they will put in more cool stuffs in the store instead like dyes or something i mean come on.. Glad i quit this game, once upon a time Blizzard actually offered tons of stuffs for free.

Well im going to buy a new helmet in tf2. Rofl sub based games having a shop. Screw mmos.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeshiro View Post
    If that's really happening, I think it's funny. It would serve them right for supporting Blizzard's greed.
    If you subscribe to the game then you're already supporting Blizzard's "greed". You think they made WoW out of the goodness of their hearts just so entitled little shits can dictate to them how to manage their games and their resources? LOfuckingL!

Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post
    Glad i quit this game, once upon a time Blizzard actually offered tons of stuffs for free.
    Paid a subscription to a game, thought he got stuff for free...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    Most people vote to kick without even knowing the reason for the vote.... 1 or 2 arses are taking advantage of this to take out their jealousy at someone who has more money than them...

For that reason what you say isn't actually true.

A reason is put in the box. People vote yes or no,

A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where 51 percent of the people may take away the rights of the other 49.

I see a democracy,

Where as I don't support the price of them and the fact they're well above what we can expect from in game model designs that's completely awful to do and couldn't image kicking someone for something like that.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

10+ Year Old Account
    Good that's the way it should be... in all seriousness though, that's going too far. Not gonna lie, whenever I see someone with the T-mog helm I'm like, "Come on Chief.... make good decisions..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    People voting without really knowing what's going on sounds exactly like democracy.
    Pretty much but most people have no clue how a democracy works.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    If you subscribe to the game then you're already supporting Blizzard's "greed". You think they made WoW out of the goodness of their hearts just so entitled little shits can dictate to them how to manage their games and their resources? LOfuckingL!
    It's too bad I'm a reasonable person and I've always believed that the subscription fee was fair considering what you can get out of WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I do not think people are " Too poor to buy it" Lets get real it's 15 bucks. What we are seeing is the Cash shop goes against others principles.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexorcist View Post
    Tormenting people who bought the helm isn't going to fix anything.

Somebody brought up an excellent point in another thread: in 9 years, the subscription fee for Blizzard has not changed. In 9 years, the price of resources and wages and all that good stuff has changed. Blizzard probably uses the store to fund some of their side projects that they can no longer afford with just $15 subscriptions. They chose to make a store where you can choose whether or not to buy things, and that money likely goes toward projects like Hearthstone.

Would you "protestors" somehow feel less betrayed if Blizzard suddenly wanted $20 a month for subscription? Or $25 in the future? I would much rather choose to spend a little money in their store for some fairly high-quality graphics that I enjoy than have a mandatory hike in my subscription fee.
    First of all, Blizzard is based out of Irvine, California, in the United States where "inflation" is a meaningless buzzword that describes the economies of third world countries. IT workers make less now than they did in 2000. If the cost of maintaining WoW has increased significantly, it is because California is full of self-righteous hippies who religiously oppose nuclear power, which means Blizzard's electric bill is at the mercy of oil investors.

Secondly, back in 2004 it was estimated that with the $15 sub WoW could turn a profit on less than half a million subscribers. Indeed, games like Guild Wars can support a larger number of players than WoW ever had at the height of its popularity for free, and turn a tidy profit through far cheaper cash shop items. We'd have to have a thousand percent inflation for cost of living to outpace the sub revenue. If anything, the sub cost should be greatly decreased if Blizzard is serious about supporting the game through microtransactions. Especially ones as relatively expensive as the ones they're selling now.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Kicking players because they bought something that they'd think they would enjoy? Thats pretty pathetic.

I'm actually going to buy all 3 right now and equip them right after we complete a dungeon / raid.
    Good for you. Go spend 45 bucks out of spite while people starve to death. You are really stickin' it to em!

I think it's an awesome idea. Personally I've been sure to /rofl at all the retards supporting this bullshit. If it weren't for these fools drinking the koolaid and rushing to eat every turd Blizzard shits out, we could get stuff like this in game, you know, like we pay our sub fee for.

Too many nimrods though, a fool and his money shall soon be parted.

Quote Originally Posted by Cryonic View Post
    Jealous people can go far when it comes to "punish" those they are jealous of. very sad to see it on such a small level
    If you honestly think anybody is "jealous" of a 15 dollar item, you're fucking delusional.

It's more about shit being sold to us for cash when it would just be placed in game if not for people like you that buy what you can not earn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone who thinks that Blizzard will actually put in micro transactions to give buyers more in game power than non-buyers are completely out of their mind. The only thing close to effecting in-game that Blizzard would put in are experience buffs. All these helmets are used for is cosmetic purposes, WHO CARES! Blizzard knows damn well doing anything that would promote a pay to win environment would destroy their game. Only when their game comes out would be start to see a much greater micro transaction market that effects game play experience. I'm more than happy to let people spend how ever much money they want to get these cosmetic items as long as it allows Blizzard to obtain the resources needed to push out further patches/expansions. The rest of you who don't think this are just plain selfish and greedy. Think about it people. $15 is about 2 hours of work, big deal and get over it. /End Rant.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeshiro View Post
    It's too bad I'm a reasonable person and I've always believed that the subscription fee was fair considering what you can get out of WoW.
    Apparently a handful of people felt like these helms were reasonably priced.

Deleted
    I have no issues with adding cosmetic items for additional cash, if there's a market for it then fair play. What leaves me with a sour taste is we're constantly told there's a lack of resources for other things in game. Yes these are only minor skins / models but it's the principle when it takes so long for new player models, dungeons or a reskin for Deathwing without his armour.

Yet I've never seen anyone being kicked for having a blizz store mount or pet...

Apparently a handful of people felt like these helms were reasonably priced.
    A popular opinion is that they were mistaken to think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurwyn View Post
    If it weren't for these fools drinking the koolaid and rushing to eat every turd Blizzard shits out, we could get stuff like this in game, you know, like we pay our sub fee for.

<snip>

If you honestly think anybody is "jealous" of a 15 dollar item, you're fucking delusional.
    You sound pretty jealous, brah.

Keep it civil please.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2013-07-20 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurwyn View Post
    Good for you. Go spend 45 bucks out of spite while people starve to death. You are really stickin' it to em!
    ... unfuckingbelievable. You pay close to $180 per year on sub fees for one single fucking game and you have the audacity to throw out the "while people starve to death" argument over $45 for these helmets? If the rest of your post hadn't sounded so petty I would have had to assume you were just joking with that line.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    But you won't. That's the difference. In your mind it would make no sense to object to things like these.
    You're right, whatever you've acomplished through hard work has given you access to things that not everyone else have. If anything I think that's a great achievement for you and something I'd respect you for. In my mind it's wrong to be jalous on other peoples achievements and how they chose to live with whatever they have.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

10+ Year Old Account
    ... unfuckingbelievable. You pay close to $180 per year on sub fees for one single fucking game and you have the audacity to throw out the "while people starve to death" argument over $45 for these helmets? If the rest of your post hadn't sounded so petty I would have had to assume you were just joking with that line.
    This. Right fucking here. I love you.