Page 71 of 121 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post
    I support this. But seriously why not quit the game? Theres almost only fanboys left so theres no hope for improvements. Blizzard is slowly becoming like Greedloft.
    simply because i love it the way it is and gonna fight to keep it like this.
    Last edited by Darth Primus; 2013-07-20 at 11:42 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zooch View Post
    That's why you kick them.
    Except that this won't happen.
    People will just mog their helmet to something different before joining LFR and mog it back afterwards. Doesn't even take 2 minutes.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Except that this won't happen.
    People will just mog their helmet to something different before joining LFR and mog it back afterwards. Doesn't even take 2 minutes.
    Don't worry his logic will make so much change.

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    Most of the replies in this thread are nothing but insults and mob mentality:

"Pathetic losers, bastards, assholes..."

None of this are valid arguments. And if it would be mirrored we would get things like:

"People that buy from the itemshop are pathetic losers."

I'm not sure how people think that could lead to any decent discussion. And well... I guess if it was decent discussion it would not have reached 60 pages anyway, so there's that. Just people raging about some pixel-injustice. :P

You're trying to imply that the above, bolded isn't happening? Most of the support for what is happening I have seen is "yes that serves them right. Those dumb-asses that bought the store items deserve it!"

Plus, I believe you're a bit blinded. Why would anyone need a proper counter-argument against this? This isn't a matter of opinion or viewpoints. People doing this are factually childish and petty.

If you really think that people need to concoct an argument against why you would not harass people and hinder the game-time they spend money on by kicking them over them buying some hat they might like, then perhaps you should really listen to what people said. Chances are that you won't. You'll just name another logical fallacy and change the subject a little to twist and turn away from the truth.

But that doesn't matter, ser Anarchor. I have still said it. The hypocrisy from you will be a fond memory. :>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zooch View Post
    >random guy
    >buys xmog helm
    >wear during LFR
    >get kicked
    >join another LFR
    >get kicked
    >f**k these helms I'm not buying anymore

That's why you kick them.
    Your mentality is that of a very young child. If someone else's look is Ruining your gaming experience please do everyone a favor and give up gaming altogether.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    People doing this are factually childish and petty.
    What kind of non-childish/petty protest would you suggest then?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tobia View Post
    Your mentality is that of a very young child. If someone else's look is Ruining your gaming experience please do everyone a favor and give up gaming altogether.
    How long do you think it will take blizzard to remove all goodlooking items from the game and only place them in the store?
    THAT is whats ruining the game experience!

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Primus View Post
    Maybe sounds good enough to me, since votekicking is 100% legit! Reports like "boohoo they votekicked me without any valid reason", is not enough for ban waves. Its the majority who votekicks, not one person... but between you and me, guess you do understand this
    Doesn't change the fact that you will accomplish literally nothing other than being unable to vote kick for hours when you actually NEED it instead of for a petty reason like someone wearing something you don't like.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kazih View Post
    How about not doing shit because it doesn't fucking do anything lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post
    I support this. But seriously why not quit the game? Theres almost only fanboys left so theres no hope for improvements. Blizzard is slowly becoming like Greedloft.
    What's that got to do with fanboys?
    I totally hate the look of the helms, I also think they shouldn't cost more then maybe $5.00, or at the very most $10.00..... I would never buy one for these two reasons alone. But acting like a douche bag towards those who do so, that's beyond my comprehension.
    I believe in individual freedom. Those people enacted their personal freedom to buy... YOUR/our personal freedom is to shut the fuck up about it. You can voice your opinion of dislike, that's one thing. But you certainly have no right to make these people's experience miserable.
    Do you also try to have your neighbor kicked out of his apartment, because he bought a new car, and you don't have one at all? Do you bitch about the other neighbor who had his place renovated with overpriced wallpapers, while you can only afford cheap latex paint?
    Try to pull such stunt in the real world, and see where the real majority lies.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quitting and listing it as a reason, tweeting Blizzard about it, making a forum thread, making a ticket.

Y'know.. anything that does not involve being a hindrance to other humans who pay the same to play the game as you just because they don't support your cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaykay View Post
    nobody hates blizzard
    Uh huh. I guess the whole Pandaren thing and the D3 launch were figments of people's imagination then.

we just voice our dislike for this type of business practices. As was mentioned earlier in this thread. Its like being able to buy challenge mode gear with real money.

(And before you go and shout BUUUUSTSSS. That is you paying four people to work/group with you for x amount of hours. Not quite the same product, perhaps in the end but thats not what you pay for upfront. )

Atleast challenge mode gear can be obtained ingame without having to shed any £ to a cash shop. It astounds me people are willing to let their subscriptions worth fall so much, if you're not paying for more unbiased non-monitization focused content to the game, then wtf are you paying 10 euros a month for?
    One requires work ingame, the other requires work outside the game. In the end, neither has any effect on your personal performance in the game. Just because you didn't get your shiny doesn't mean you can just kick people around who did. Someone made a very apt analogy earlier about iPhones. Do you kick down every kid on the street who walks around with one?

And I pay my monthly sub so I can get raids, BGs, scenarios, freaking huge content updates, and the ability to actually play the game. I can live without a fucking helmet from the store. And I'm not gonna go around and fuck up the day for people who actually made enough money in the real world to have enough to spend on one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LawlbringerNL View Post
    How long do you think it will take blizzard to remove all goodlooking items from the game and only place them in the store?
    THAT is whats ruining the game experience!
    LOL, I don't know how you guys can come up with such idiocy, but please, keep on. I want to laugh more.

Deleted
    Page 74 and no screenshot yet. A bit disappointing, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by I make people mad View Post
    Don't worry his logic will make so much change.
    Yeah, it's totally gonna change everything!

Deleted
    good one, should be made a community movement vs blizzstore (some official page needed?). Remove the helm buyers from lfr or make them remove the x-mog they paid for. when they realise they paid 15$ for item they cant show up in lfr, they'll rethink buying another one in the future. totally +1.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Quitting and listing it as a reason, tweeting Blizzard about it, making a forum thread, making a ticket.

Y'know.. anything that does not involve being a hindrance to other humans who pay the same to play the game as you just because they don't support your cause.
    You rly think anyone still cares about other humans playing the same game as u, and thier feelings? Caring for a complate stranger that can be a good person or a bad person. Due to high "casuality" of wow player base and thier inablity to do anything now, i claim every stranger is a bad person and a bad player until prooven otherwise. So if u wear ur head and see me in lfr and ull crap ur pants, it will be just another fun factor for me.
    Last edited by mmoc33f932b687; 2013-07-20 at 11:55 AM.

You guys look at the tree and miss view to forrest. Everyone has the right to do anything he wanna with his cash. This is totally acceptable and respected by me. I am not gonna call names to people buy that crap, but I have every right on the other hand to stop playing with them. They are blizz shop supporters, I am not and I want shop closed.

I respect you all buyers, but will also ignore/votekick for the shake of this game. Nothing personal here.

That's just ridiculous... :/ I'd never buy them myself, I think they're way overpriced for what they are, but I won't harass someone else for buying it...

What it hints at? Nothing, really, if they start selling usable gear in the store with stats and such, I'll still play, and not buy it, but then this method would be worth employing.

10+ Year Old Account
    You express your dislike with a valid, polite and well worded statement in the official forums. Plus you simply don't buy..
    Your well worded criticism has more chance to convince someone not to buy either, than kicking people from ingame events. That will ultimately backfire.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    I respect you all buyers, but will also ignore/votekick for the shake of this game. Nothing personal here.
    From now on, I'm gonna initiate a votekick for everyone who is wearing red gear.
    Nothing personal, but I think Blizzard needs to learn that there already are too many red sets in the game.

What do I think? People who kick other people from LFG/LFR simply for transmog store gear should be reported for abusing the system. Just because someone has more disposable income and/or doesn't have a problem with the Blizzard store that doesn't automatically make THEM "the enemy". You hate the store? That's fine! Don't buy anything. Write well-constructed posts on the forums about why you don't like them. You can even go so far as to urge other people not to support them. But penalizing people just because they don't believe the same thing you do is ridiculous.

Also, I think this will actually have the reverse of the intended effect, meaning more people will buy those helmets who otherwise wouldn't have touched them just to troll people, which means Blizzard will actually get even more money (a prospect I don't particularly have a problem with).

I haven't bought any of them for the sole reason that I think the price point is a bit high, but starting now I'll be sure to fill out reports for each and every jackass who thinks kicking people for wearing them--again, abusing the system--is the right thing to do.

Funny thing about "standing behind your morals": Not everyone has the same beliefs, and they aren't necessarily wrong just because they differ.

I am not gonna call names to people buy that crap, but I have every right on the other hand to stop playing with them.
    That's great! All you need to do is leave the group/raid, then, and you're no longer playing with them. Problem solved. What's that? Oh, you want to be able to continue your dungeon/raid even though you believe differently? Hmm, what a unique and puzzling position.
    Last edited by Benggaul; 2013-07-20 at 11:55 AM.