Page 82 of 121 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    This seems like a pretty retarded protest in my opinion. These are account bound vanity items, they have no stats and they can't be sold for profit. There is absolutely no advantage in owning one of these items other than looking cool/nice/hip or whatever. Any protest against these vanity items is out of pure jealousy. When(IF) they start to sell patch appropriate items with stats then you have a right to complain and perhaps protest in a form that affects other players. Until then you're just a jealous asshat that ruins the game for others.

Quote Originally Posted by shoja View Post
    What are you? Corporate defender or something? Well put post, but you don't know a thing about how business or the corporate world works. Me posting here is kind of pathetic. Everyone is drowned in their ego here, and is totally ignoring the real problem. SMH
    people are attacking players because of some delusion of what blizzard is doing with the money and why they implemented this. its very relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by coldrain View Post
    http://venturebeat.com/2013/07/08/ac...the-publisher/

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/game-indus...sion-blizzard/

"Vivendi will gain the power to forcibly extract cash dividends from Activision Blizzard as of Tuesday, and may issue a “cash grab” which could bring the publisher to a net debt of over $400 million.” - Steve Bogos"
    Heads-up: that didn't happen.
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

Quote Originally Posted by T18Z View Post
    That is not via apple, that is via a god damn mobile network provider.

Do you even know the difference?
    They're still allowed to do so by Apple. A more similar analogy would then be for Chinese players. They pay to NetEase, the provider, which in turn is allowed by Blizzard to take care of such things.

Deleted
    why are people complain about micro transactions now....its been in the game for ages

Quote Originally Posted by Drakesong View Post
    I agree with this attitude, even tho I've never done that. I believe it's not personal against the players, but it's a statement against how expensive WoW has become.
    Except it hasn't become any more expensive because you're not obligated to buy cosmetic store shit and the "statement" doesn't do anything because you're just punishing innocents for no reason and all you will accomplish is to make your vote kick timer incredibly long. A real statement would be to cancel your subscription.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with this attitude, even tho I've never done that. I believe it's not personal against the players, but it's a statement against how expensive WoW has become.
    How expensive WoW has became?? Did they up the $15 monthly fee while we were not looking?
    Just because I don't care does'nt mean I don't understand

I know the voices in my head are not real BUT they have some REALLY good ideas

Best comparison ever........ You need to reevaluate your life priorities if you are going to compare a game to REAL life. Are you by any chance living in your parents basement?
    Nice troll. Already down to personal attacks? Oh did you know that video games are a part of real life? Real life people play them and real live people buy them. You exclaimed that giving more money to a company that is already taking money from you is "taking it" , but this happens everywhere. "designer" cloths are normal cloths sponsored by certain companies. You can go to one place and get something for 3 times more or 3 times less than what its worth. People pay 15 dollars to see movies and 20 dollars for candy and popcorn at the movies when you can get those movies for free and the total value of the food is about 5 dollars.

People are paying extra for stuff they dont need all the time, and no one has a right to harass them for it. Its their money, its their time, and how they spend it is none of YOUR business.

and feel free to not insult people just because you dont understand them.

Quote Originally Posted by coldrain View Post
    Yeah I'm not talking about people not being able to initiate any more vote kicks. What I'm talking about is that they have protection for the people who get kicked too many times built into the system also. and the people who know about it abuse that also. we had a tank that afk'd dungeons at the start that could not be kicked by ANYONE for 4 hours
    Report the guy. Despite popular belief, people actually do something against people misusing the system like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Some just want a unified reason to kick someone that doesn't affect them.
    Sad. Oh well, we've all been children and looked for reasons to point someone out I guess. "Well they support bad business, a term I just read in a thread! Kick them!"

It's not like they are willing to do what actually may cause any change, as in voting with their wallets. Nooo, it's better to ruin someone elses gameplay because they made a choice you don't agree with.

You sure are helping the community.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by Nydith View Post
    why are people complain about micro transactions now....its been in the game for ages
    Because people rarely mount with sparkle pony inside their raids.

gear is a walking advertisment for the cash shop
    "where did you get that?"
    "cash shop"
    "how much was is?"
    "15 dollars"
    "wtf? i can buy an entire gear set in another game for less than that, you bought this?"
    "yes i have tons of extra money to spend on superficial cosmetic items that don't really matter at all"
    "fuck you"

10+ Year Old Account
    What are you? Corporate defender or something? Well put post, but you don't know a thing about how business or the corporate world works. Me posting here is kind of pathetic. Everyone is drowned in their ego here, and is totally ignoring the real problem. SMH
    The irony here is you say everyone else has a big ego, but you think everything you say is right and hold it as the truth...

And yes we're all corporate defenders. Not only that, but we're also all closet communists working to invade the government. You see, blizz is on league with us (as are all big corporations) and are selling these hats so that we may identify ourselves. Anyone with a hat, is part of the super secret hat-commy group. The 3 different hats are used to know who's a higher rank than who in the organisation

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Report the guy. Despite popular belief, people actually do something against people misusing the system like that.

what would take longer, blizzard removing him or us leaving to another dungeon after putting him on ignore, but then he just becomes the next person's problem. the kick systems has been messed up both ways, it's not just people abusing to initiate. how many times have you reported someone just to see them ingame the next day, then the next week. you stop bothering when you see no action is taken

Punishing the player makes it personal. You've decided to dick them out of their game time just because they bought a vanity item and you disagree with Blizzard selling them. "They have stars upon thars! Kick them!" It's stupid, discriminatory behavior.

Cancelling your subscription sends Blizzard a clearer message and does not result in collateral damage to other players. Why the hell are you even still subbed if you feel so strongly about this? "Blizzard is turning into a greedy company and people are getting shafted! Oh, but I'm still giving them my monthly donation..."

I'll leave this pointless bickering thread with one last parting shot:

If you're still subbed and participating (or willing to participate) in this sort of behavior one can only come to the conclusion that you're just an asshole. If you're still playing, you're obviously still enjoying or are otherwise compelled to play the game, which means Blizzard is providing enough of a service to justify your subscription, which means the vanity items are not harming your experience in the least.

Good day!

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm of two minds about this. On the one hand, I feel that behavior such as this is harassment. On the other hand, if the people who buy these items *are* ostracized *and* bring their complaints to Blizzard, it gives one more avenue for the message that these kind of items on the Blizzard store are unwelcome while the game remains subscription-only. If or when the game goes Free to Play, I'd be fine with this sort of thing. But for a subscription-only game I feel quite strongly that pay items such as these have no place.

So, the people who dont like this/support kicking people etc for helm mogging.

Is it because you dont like the micro transactions or that your getting upset because people spend money on things you cant afford/think should be free?

If the later, are you the same kind of person who keys cars if they are nicer than yours?

imo, if people want to spend their money in micro transactions, its up to them, as long as its not required to be included in the game i.e. kicking players who DONT have helms etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow thats just lame..
    “We all know interspecies romance is weird.”
    ― Tim Burton

and again there's superninjapresident calling people poor for not supporting this.

there are games out there, that since DAY 1 have had this, games with no sub fee.

Why don't you people buying this crap play one of them? fact is this game with a monthly access fee still costs less then all of those games because of it not having a cash shop, and a lot of people played WoW because of that

Anyone in this thread that has decided to grab a seat on the 'im against the ingame store' bandwagon should straight up get the fuck out of the game now.
    Your all pathetic to the point of beyond a fucking joke.
    You should all get up off your asses leave the room and go and have a word with yourselves...
    If you think you fall in any of these categories below then maybe its time to sit back and think to yourselves 'yep im a social missfit and a complete waste of fucking space!'
    1)Anyone that opposes LFR because they cant handle life knowing someone they deem lower than them has access to certain items.
    2)Anyone for wanting flying mounts taken away(even though the option is there to never fly but simply only use ground mounts, yet cut off your nose to spite your face attitude...yeap dumb as fuck)
    Anyone that thinks the 'In game store' is all about the end of the world.(This includes people that think its ok to kick players due to cosmetic store items)

I think that covers the minority of idiots ruining this game with constant whining like little bitches.
    The day all of you are driven out of this game will then it be better to actually play for the rest of us.

Im going to buy one of these helms and i am going to encocurage everyone i know to buy one too to support this store and blizzard and hopefully some of you vermin will leave the game.
    Last edited by Suggs; 2013-07-20 at 02:22 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    actually i've only seen reasonable people vote kick afk people or those who are wiping the raid. So no, the attitude doesnt change.
    I meant peoples attitudes on people who reply to people complaining that they got kicked for having "wrong gear" or "non-stat user got my gear".