Page 87 of 121 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Blackmore View Post
    It's been confirmed that MJ had the disease he claimed he did.

You are, of course, spot on about racism.
    That last bit was just a joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrain View Post
    and again there's superninjapresident calling people poor for not supporting this.

there are games out there, that since DAY 1 have had this, games with no sub fee.

Why don't you people buying this crap play one of them? fact is this game with a monthly access fee still costs less then all of those games because of it not having a cash shop, and a lot of people played WoW because of that
    Blizz has had these premium vanity items since day one with its sub fee.

Zergling
    Mini Diablo

Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    I'm gonna buy them just to piss people off. Hell, I'll even claim it has some sort of proc.. oh yeah I got the meta, don't it? Might be easier than I thought.
    You're late to the party, I gave away 5 helmets earlier today in this thread to make people mad.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    I think the argument is that those things they're selling in the pet store should be offered in-game for some achievement. I agree with that sentiment. However, I don't agree that the best way to go about expressing your feelings toward Blizzard would be to vote-kick those who choose to spend their money on said items. It's just petty and stupid.
    But what about all of the non-pet store items you can obtain for money, events, or luck? The problem is that they only focus on one thing as a bad, with out actually complaining about the other. Or they use this as a slippery slope for why blizzard will be offering Heroic gear or other content for a cost. This is just Blizzard doing what they've done for years.

People pay $400+ for spectral tiger loot cards. Why is it suddenly bad when Blizzard, a developer, sells things but players are fine doing it for years?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz makes those using store transmog helms immune to vote kick...

Next day every transmog helm 'protester' buys a transmog helm.

Edit: BTW I doubt this is really happening in any significant amount, sounds like a made up issue to me really. Even if it is happening now, people will get over it in a week or so.

Oh yeah and I vote no on all kick votes where the initiator is too lazy to list a reason.
    Last edited by Tacotruck; 2013-07-20 at 03:20 PM.
    You thought the leaden winter would bring you down forever, But you rode upon a steamer to the violence of the sun...
    And you see a girl's brown body dancing through the turquoise, And her footprints make you follow where the sky loves the sea.
    And when your fingers find her, she drowns you in her body, Carving deep blue ripples in the tissues of your mind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurwyn View Post
    You can't understand the argument so you resort to "yep that's jealousy".

If you honestly believe somebody is jealous over 15 dollars, I don't know what to tell you, kiddo.

It's a matter of principle, we should not have to pay extra for in game items in a subscription based game. Wipe your nose there, btw, looks like Blizz left a little brown stain on there while you were kissing their asses. =/
    So the items should just be given out to everyone? Or should Blizzard who made this game and made a succesful business out of it listen to every player and cancel their store just because people pay for their product?

When you buy a car, do you tell the company which makes it what you want for that money in the car? When you go to the grocery store and buy a Snickers, do you write a letter to the company saying there aren't enough nuts in there for your taste and since you're paying for the product you want them to fulfuill your wishes?

The truth is things like these were around since day one. Remember the collector's edition of the game where if you paid extra for a copy of the game you got a Diablo pet to walk by your character in vanilla? It was the same thing but noone really hated people for it. Now suddenly it's all the rage,...

I'd get the issue if the helm had better stats than anything else in this game but it doesn't. It's exactly like changing a haircut ingame, the only difference is the haircut is payed with ingame currency while this helm is payed with real money. For some reason people treat these kind of items as pay2win when they're really just some extra thing for people who are willing to spend more than just a monthly subscription on the game.

What a lot of people tend to forget is that nobody is holding a gun at their head telling them to buy game time. It's not written by law that you have to play it so as any other thing that you have a free choice of using there is an option for you to stop using it whenever you please.

If you don't like what Blizzard is doing with their business then stop paying them. Nothing says "F you Blizz" like canceling your subscription and never playing this game again. Kicking players who spend their money on whatever they like and who gain NO edge in this game by doing so is not even a form of protest. It just says the one doing the kicking is a bitter, selfish individual who thinks he is entitled to whatever he wants just because he gives this company 13€/month.

Buying a company's product and then demanding they make that product suit you the way you see it best is narrow minded to say the least. There is a big community playing this game and there are a lot of ways you can enjoy this game which is the primary objective of games anyway- having fun and a form of relaxation. If you're taking games any other way I think it's time to start exploring life more (no offense to the guys who actually make a living playing games but I know they're not the ones complaining about stuff like that). It's the way of today, everybody suddenly thinks they have to right to voice their oppinion where they should keep their mouth shut. If people read Blizzard's terms and agreements when they installed the game instead of just clicking yes these kind of things would be a non issue.

I still remember to this day how people complained about WoW becoming too casual. I still find it baffling to this day as to why that would ever come up. This game offers plenty of difficulty if you try to explore things for yourself instead of just running through leveling guides and building your character up through LFD/LFR. I still see the top guild sacrificing a lot of sleep and time when a new dungeon comes out just like they did before the game was "casual". They still get the best gear first and there are still items/titles/whatever only a couple of players have. Just because someone logs on twice a week and has the same color item texts as the hardcore raider it doesn't mean that they have the same gear or that the game rewards casual players as much as the hardcore ones. It's just Blizzard's way of giving the casual gamer a sense of accomplishment in this game because I'm sure a majority of people complaining about stuff like that never had to ride their 60% speed mounts while downing Ragnaros or having more than half of their items in blue color after clearing Molten Core 10 times already and starting on BWL... If they had they'd be thankful some items are easier to obtain and you can still look pretty shiny even if you don't dedicate 10+ hours per day to this game.

TL;DR If you don't want Blizzard to make money just stop playing the game. Being rude to players who pay for cosmetic items is not proving a point to anyone but your selfish ego.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty disgusting what blizzard is doing with this store stuff. I don't care about players being kicked from groups for buying the stuff, but if this kind of stuff makes people complain and creates enough havoc for blizzard to realize what they're doing is completely wrong then I'm all in for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    You're late to the party, I gave away 5 helmets earlier today in this thread to make people mad.

The Jewel of the Firelord is in safe claws. Oh, how I will enjoy the hate.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Do you vote kick people with TCG loot? What about Blizzcon pets? Recruit a friend mount, levels, and other boosters? Annual pass mounts? SC2 CE and D3 CE pets? Arena pass pets? Why can't a subscription game offer additional things for their customers that want additional things?
    It can... it just can't do it in a way that offends subscribers and leaves them feeling betrayed - like many feel now with ingame microtransaction shop coming.

Secondly... if you want more from a game... then maybe you should move over to the F2P games that have cash shop. Demanding a subscription based game that has stuck to basic principles for 9 years to change cause you and few others ppl want to flex your buying power to show ingame... is not what WOW should be about. It never has - no matter how many try to claim TCG and few pets and mounts in the past are now justifying a full ingame cash store.

Thats just not the case. And never will.
    Last edited by Duster505; 2013-07-20 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tacotruck View Post
    Blizz makes those using store transmog helms immune to vote kick...

Next day every transmog helm 'protester' buys a transmog helm.
    What would be even more fun, would be that there is some hidden code attached to these helms that gives a higher chance of loot dropping for that person, the QQ would be insane!

Not that I advocate for such *enhancments* to be sold for cash of course. But just a thought I had

who has the right to say its wrong for anyone to spend there money on what they want its there money they have it they can spend it end of story. now if blizzzard starts selling gear in the store then they have crossed the line.

Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    What would be even more fun, would be that there is some hidden code attached to these helms that gives a higher chance of loot dropping for that person, the QQ would be insane!

Not that I advocate for such *enhancments* to be sold for cash of course. But just a thought I had
    Just stfu?

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-07-20 at 04:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hrmmm closing in on 100 pages and were are yet to see a SS showing that this is even happening. Until I see it in a LFR or see a SS think I will just chalk it up to store hate. I am neither for nor against the store as it does not effect me either way but I certainly would not kick someone or be mean to them in the way some are sugjesting in this thread, acting like Silky Johnson at the Playa Haters Ball. LOL
    Just because I don't care does'nt mean I don't understand

I know the voices in my head are not real BUT they have some REALLY good ideas

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    The Jewel of the Firelord is in safe claws. Oh, how I will enjoy the hate.
    I just noticed that the Crown of Eternal Winter could look at least half decent with my transmog if I swap out some pieces. Oh the tempation. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Dotzar View Post
    Way way more sad is the fact that ppl spend a whole month subscription on a shitty looking piece of armor and actually find it cool. Farm some older Tier sets like Warlock Tier 5 and oh wonder it doesn't even cost anything!

I agree 100% with ppl who kick those out of LFR, not because it would bother me if someone is wearing that helm but because they give Blizzard a reason to continue this bullshit and implement more and more items and at some point current content gear. Laugh about it, but exactly this will happen if you keep buying shit.
    Nice first post. I feel you'll become a valuable member of this community.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    It can... it just can't do it in a way that offends subscribers and leaves them feeling betrayed - like many feel now with ingame microtransaction shop coming.

Secondly... if you want more from a game... then maybe you should move over to the F2P games that have cash shop. Demanding a subscription based game that has stuck to basic principles for 9 years to change cause you of and few others ppl that want to flex your buying power to show ingame... is not what WOW should be about. It never has - no matter how many try to claim TCG and few pets and mounts in the past are now justifying a full ingame cash store.

Thats just not the case. And never will.
    WoW has always had additional vanity items if you paid a real money cost. Collectors editions, TCG loot, Blizzcon, World wide invitational (which the in-game item sold for thousands of dollars btw), Arena Pass, Recruit a Friend, Scroll of Resurrection. Why is it suddenly a problem now because they are selling helms? You can ignore it all you want but why has always had micro transactions.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

i don't see why anyone would side with blizzard unless they are blizzard. it does not benefit us for blizz to make more money, it doesn't go back into the game. it funds their other projects, like titan and titan reboot. it funds their extra secret trips to asia to negotiate the terms of the RMAH in diablo 3 (which eventually fell through in a lot of places anyway), it gives them payraises, etc

the quality of the game has went down over the past 4 years. more downtime than ever before (you have the chance to play wow 4% less now), more free things and rewards given to people who QUIT AND NO LONGER HAVE A SUB (spectral mount, 10 and 30 days of free time multiple times, etc)

meanwhile, the folks who spend money keep spending money and defending their right to spend money.

it's ridiculous, the only group of people with less ability to think for themselves are cultists. blizz could convince you human shields to give them $15 for a clorox drink that killed you

Quote Originally Posted by Dotzar View Post
    Just stfu?
    How about, nope?

People take this stuff way too serious, I often wonder what kind of people they are in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by theburned View Post
    What a lot of people don't seem to get is how it will affect the ones who don't buy such items in the long run. Because Blizzard will make money from it, they will put some of the staff of the art department to make that gear look cooler, thus less time to make awesome items that are achieveable in game, such as the challenge mode gear and raid gear.
    So for this reason I consider kicking people out of LFR and LFG is actually quite fine, making people know that it is wrong to support ideas that will make the game less worthwhile for the regular player, and also the top tier players. Sadly it won't help, but hopefully it will cut the budget of the micro-transaction store enough for them to make raid gear look good.

It is not petty, because it's an attack on people supporting the company, and not envying people who can afford to buy stuff, also the people who buy them should consider in what ways it affects others. If it didn't affect anyone, noone would bother to kick them in the first place.

Your argument is so misguided. Where is your source that blizzard will put it into the staff of the art department for blizzard store items? Unless you are working in the financing department of blizzard what you are saying is nothing more than rambling hearsay. You and people like you are part of this toxic atmosphere in this game. You support blizzard by paying the sub. You are just as much to blame as the people buying the items from the blizzard store. So please stop with the self righteous attitude and crucifying people that enjoy the things in game and the blizzard store. It really shows your lack of maturity. I really do hope that the people that get kicked in this way turn around and report everyone so people like you get nice in game bans.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by benadryl View Post
    i don't see why anyone would side with blizzard unless they are blizzard. it does not benefit us for blizz to make more money, it doesn't go back into the game. it funds their other projects, like titan and titan reboot. it funds their extra secret trips to asia to negotiate the terms of the RMAH in diablo 3 (which eventually fell through in a lot of places anyway), it gives them payraises, etc

the quality of the game has went down over the past 4 years. more downtime than ever before (you have the chance to play wow 4% less now), more free things and rewards given to people who QUIT AND NO LONGER HAVE A SUB (spectral mount, 10 and 30 days of free time multiple times, etc)

meanwhile, the folks who spend money keep spending money and defending their right to spend money.

it's ridiculous, the only group of people with less ability to think for themselves are cultists. blizz could convince you human shields to give them $15 for a clorox drink that killed you
    But here you are complaining about it and more than likely subbed. So self righteous its funny. Before you start pointing the fingers at anyone please remember you have your own fingers pointing right back at you.
    Cheese. Its amazing. Until your feet smell like it.

This is just another example of why the community in WoW is getting worse over time.

Because someone has a different opinion about what is or isn't an acceptable direction for the game, you're going to ostracize them? Blizzard already collected the money from these people. Vote kicking them doesn't do anything at all to make Blizzard change their minds about these micro-transactions.

There's nothing against the rules about vote kicking someone for this reason, but there is something wrong with the mentality of the people who do it. That you feel everyone needs to fit into your little mold of a WoW player excluding everyone else from participating is bad for the game. The more people are excluded, the less people there are left to play the game.

It's no different than the raiding community refusing to take anyone who's even slightly behind their ilvl or experience level, only to turn around and say this game is dying because it's impossible to find people to raid with. No, it's impossible to find people because you eliminate everyone else from consideration before even giving them a chance.

Now we're eliminating a bunch of people who enjoy throwing their money away on cosmetic stuff. Pretty soon we'll find more reasons to eliminate people. Maybe, I don't know "oh they don't have gold on proving grounds, kick them!"

Eventually, we're going to run out of people to eliminate and we'll be stuck all alone with no one to play WoW with because we decided we'd rather act like "popular" girl from middle school who made everyone else feel like crap for being slightly different.

It's a dark and lonely place up there on your high horses, WoW community.

*Disclaimer* I have never and will never spend a penny more on WoW than I have to including these helmets. But this us vs them mentality is not going to end well for anyone.
    Last edited by Abysal; 2013-07-20 at 03:28 PM.