Page 21 of 121 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrouded View Post
    You have to ask yourself that every time you initiate a vote kick though, no matter the reason. Is it worth it? Someone does poor DPS or don't understand tactics, you want to kick them - but is it worth ruining the game for them? Maybe they go too slow or too fast for your tastes, should you kick them then? Maybe they're being offensive, is that grounds for a kick?

The bottom line is that the vote kick option exists to remove people you don't want to group with for some reason. Those reasons are left to the players. Everyone has to decide for themselves what a "justified" kick is.
    I don't kick for poor dps. I only kick for bad behaviour. If someone hasn't got his rotation down, that's okay. Plenty of others to make up for it. If someone is trying to grief 24 other people by ninja-pulling and wiping everyone or similar, that's not okay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    People know that cash-shop won't be limited by those helms only and will continue to grow, thus they boycotting cash-shop earlier on.

People know very well, that if cash-shop will be applauded, we will see much worse things happening around it.

It's great that at least some people have sense. Those, who buy those helms, are tainting WoW's future by showing Blizzard that cash-shop is in "demand".

Even if to ignore any assumptions, it's gonna be fact that cash-shop will become part of in-game UI. This is not acceptable. It feels like a spit to those who pay for this game, to see this in. Tbh, most of 5.4 looks disappointing and flawed, add cash-shop on top of that, and game will go in such big decline, you haven't yet seen. It is still in people's power to stop this obscenity from going on live servers.

Same old question to defenders of this crap - if you'd buy book in some shop, it had some pages torn out and replaced with shop's advertisement, which would offer you to buy missing pages for more money, would you buy anything in such shop again?
    Keep beating that dead horse. There is zero evidence Blizzard plan to make the shop P2W. The transmog helms might of just been a side project by the art team, they do seem a bit random tbh. As for the experience buff people have been requesting that for years now, and it's no different than someone recruiting themselves and getting a 300% buff which is available right now.

5.4 looks great, I'm guessing your class has been nerfed and your opinions are jaded.

Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    That was said by Rob Pardo during 2008 when he was Executive Vice President of Game Design at Blizzard Entertainment http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...ld-of-Warcraft

Rob Pardo is the Chief Creative Officer at Blizzard Entertainment these days
    you can tell by what he said when he says "level playing field" and "no gold buying" that hes talking about cash shops that sell things that negatively impact the game.

that is still true today.

buying a transmog helm doesnt put my lfr geared alt on the same level of power as my main. buying my friend a battle pet doesnt make him capable of beating my team of trained pets.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    I was pretty neutral about this store, but this thread has made me hope that Blizzard puts a whole ton of transmog items in the store over the next year. Certain people furrowing their brow and trying to sound knowledgeable about topics they know nothing about (like business ethics) is high comedy.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by Manhands View Post
    You see no difference? One of them impacts the speed of the run, saving you time. The other one doesn't impact you at all.

I think you're being a bit too philosophical about this. This is the standard "people should have freedoms until they impose on the freedoms of others". Kicking people because they bought a helm crosses that line.
    Well, philosophical isn't really the term I'd use, but I see your point. I was aiming for level-headed, to be honest - but I'm also coming from a position where I see the existence of a cash shop as having a much larger impact on the game than underperforming DPSers.

Quote Originally Posted by fierceangelx View Post
    "what comes next", lol. So you're losing sleep over something that may or may not happen, that's so pathetic. Did New York come to a standstill after 9/11 for fear of what may happen next? No, because life doesn't work that way.
    Yeah, but 9/11 happened because the US government didn't stop to think about what would happen next, after they got warnings of the plan. Life does work that way, you just needed to look at both sides of it.

Because it's true, they are just pets. There are plenty of pets out in the world to obtain, you don't HAVE to buy any store pets.
    They are pets that you can battle with, and can be used as shortcuts to achievements (Total number of pets)

It's like the TCG never existed. Also, it's possible to get the 200 mount achievement without buying any store mounts.
    Shortcuts, I suggest you look up the definition. Also TGC sold CARDS that had a CHANCE for loot. That is entirely different than flat out selling in game items.

It's THREE helms, that don't even have many matching sets to go with. THREE HELMS. Lmao.
    I'm not sure I understand what you're getting at. Quantity is the defining factor of whether or not this is right? It's three helms currently, but then comes that "What's next?" bit.

If the day ever came, the day they announce that heroic gear is being added to the store, I can guarantee you there will be many players that oppose it and will "protest with their wallet" by cancelling their sub.
    People are doing that now, why is it any different? Why not stop it before it gets to that point, instead of waiting until something irreversible happens? That's just silly.

300% buff from RAF, 300% buff elixir that makes 80-85 trivial. How is this item anything new?
    Because RAF is intended for new players. In order to receive the experience boost you have to play with that friend. It encourages the social aspect of the game. Yes some abuse it but there will always be those people. The elixir is an in game item obtainable by anyone willing to farm it. Using the Elixer of Ancient Knowledge as a defense for paying for shortcuts, is silly. It's the same argument as "They are selling heroic gear on the store!" "What's the difference, it's already in the game?"

Quality is better than ever, 5.3 was so-so for those not into the Brawlers guild, but everything else has been class and 5.4 is shaping up nicely.
    The last quarter report begs to differ, and the next one coming out in what.. a couple weeks time? Will agree with the last quarter report. This is your opinion of the game, that isn't shared by the hemorrhaging sub loss.

Everything in the shop is optional. They didn't suddenly shift everything to the store, nor will they, you can obtain plenty of items IN-GAME you're probably just too lazy to do it.
    I have 7 level 90s all fair geared, and one level 87 character. I have achievements such as "We're going to need more saddles" (150 unique mounts) "That's a lot of pet food" (400 unique pets) and I'm 2 exalted reputations short of "60 exalted reputations", I assure you I am far form lazy in the game. (Which mind you, I haven't played in the game in over 2 months).

I also fail to understand how that last comment you made had anything to do with Blizzard's ethics.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    its not acceptable to not have to alt tab?
    You have to alt tab... to load the currency into your account... Account that you already paid 15$ sub on.

Acting like its convenient for players to buy the box + buy expansions + pay sub + load account with ingame currenc.... is very... interesting to say the least.

But it probably shows you .. and many more why a game that ONLY has the cash store will be a first choice for every new player that wants to play a MMO game in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    To me it still means, you are all pussies. You stick it to the guy who buys and not the company who sells. The company who makes the money. Who put it on the market. You are too pussy to unsub, because you like the game, still. You are the schoolyard bully who goes for the easy target. In short. You are pathetic.
    Not the words I'd use, but this is pretty much my stance on it.

You've said far more accurately than I could've.

To me it still means, you are all pussies. You stick it to the guy who buys and not the company who sells. The company who makes the money. Who put it on the market. You are too pussy to unsub, because you like the game, still. You are the schoolyard bully who goes for the easy target. In short. You are pathetic.
    Yeah, screaming at random people you don't know in an internet forum for gaming, you're certainly showing those 'pathetic' people how 'pathetic' they really are...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldfingaz View Post
    snip.
    You clearly won't listen to reason and logic. Keep raging about the game, and I'll continue to enjoy it. Also not played for 2 months? Why do you think anyone would care about your opinion? Raging about a game you don't play? You got some issues bro.

you can tell by what he said when he says "level playing field" and "no gold buying" that hes talking about cash shops that sell things that negatively impact the game.

buying a transmog helm doesnt put my lfr geared alt on the same level of power as my main. buying my friend a battle pet doesnt make him capable of beating my team of trained pets.
    PPL are reacting now cause there is already confirmed that 100% XP boost is coming in ASIA. And somehow ppl are acting like all players in Asia are also fine with that... Thats just not the case.

10+ Year Old Account

Not true

http://us.blizzard.com/store/details.xml?id=1100001590

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have never bought and don't plan to buy anything from the pet store. I think the mounts generally look overly flashy and silly. But I certainly don't begrudge anyone else's choice to purchase something from the store.

It helps pay for the game, more content, makes players happy, et cetera, all good by me.

Is this a bad thing? I guess no.

I thought all the helms were pretty ugly, but I may have to buy one now just to troll dbags.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I think we can all agree that vote kicking players who bought the helmets isn't the best way to go about showing their 'resistance'.

Besides there are a lot of people who, believe it or not, are actually happy with their purchase and totally support them putting out new stuff on the cash shop to buy.
    I agree that vote kicking people isn't the best way to get the message across.

However, I'm willing to bet that the people content with paying more for these items, would be a lot more content getting the items by playing the game. Such as doing DMF stuff for prize tickets to buy the helms, or using Justice Points to buy costume items. Would you not agree?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    It helps pay for the game, more content, makes players happy, et cetera, all good by me.
    I do not understand how people seem to think Blizzard is Broke and hard up for money. They have reported Record profits for a while now.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...ld-of-Warcraft

Funny how things change... Hypocritical blizzard liars.

It relieves anxiety Also I like calling guys "pussies" for some reason.
    I'd say that reveals some deeper personal issues that you should probably see a therapist for but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    thats not buying gold. you buy the pet and then you sell the pet for gold.

if i bought a wii at launch day then flipped it for twice the price did i buy money? no i sold a wii.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552