Page 1 of 121
... LastLast

Players with store helmets being kicked out of LFR and LFG

Just heard that quite a few ppl have now been kicked out of both LFRs and LFGs for wearing the Blizzard store helmets they bought for 15$. What do you guys think of that ?

All I can say about it is that I can well understand ppl for doing that. There are some very heated discussions going on and I think Blizzard just went totally overboard in implementing these items, their pricing and the fact that most players are now realising that in game micro transaction is soon to follow.

Right now I think there is a big majority of players that do not like WOW to have this ingame store on top of subscription. So Blizzard forcing these items in without actually having laid the ground for it - just backfired badly.

Personally - I think it can only be a good thing to see players flex their power in game like this. It will hopefully get the developers and the corporate minds actually thinking about the players before they decide to create a new business model for a game .... without even asking the players what they thought of it.

Edit. Adding a link to gamebreaker.tv where they talk about one such incident and the general effect that the helms and the talk of ingame store are having in the community.

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/video-game...legendary-135/
    Last edited by Duster505; 2013-07-19 at 11:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kicking players because they bought something that they'd think they would enjoy? Thats pretty pathetic.

I'm actually going to buy all 3 right now and equip them right after we complete a dungeon / raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now im against the helmets and the store in general, but i'd never kick someone or harass ingame about it, ive heard people on here saying they would kick people and stuff, but ive not seen it myself. ive been in a few LFRs, LFGs and BGs with people with the helms, no one has so far even mentioned them.
    dragonmaw - EU

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Kicking players because they bought something that they'd think they would enjoy? Thats pretty pathetic.
    Why? Should subscriber not have the right to play with ppl that do not pay extra for ingame items ? If they choose so .. whats wrong with that ?

I don't see anything wrong with kicking someone for having an ugly transmog.

It's sad that anyone would do that, and it's sad that you posted this here in the hopes that people would agree with you. Just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    Why? Should subscriber not have the right to play with ppl that do not pay extra for ingame items ? If they choose so .. whats wrong with that ?
    There's nothing wrong with that at all. It's a little petty, but it's far worse to act as an enabler for horrible business practices.

It's one thing to flex your power against a company, but entirely another to ostracize another player for their transactions. It's their money, not yours. Players can't even ride their celestial steed without a good chance some mouth breather will attempt to talk shit to them.
    Mighty one, never forget.

I have never bought a single item from the blizzard store and don't ever plan to... I find kicking people who choose to do so pathetic.

Screenshots? I don't think this happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cause you're ruinning others game experience because you don't like that they buyed a COSMETIC item..., don't you think it would be the same if someone kick you out of a raid/dungeon because you have X or Y transmog/mounts/title?

Quote Originally Posted by Shrouded View Post
    There's nothing wrong with that at all. It's a little petty, but it's far worse to act as an enabler for horrible business practices.
    I could understand that point of view if these items in some way infringed on your play experience or the ammount of free content blizz provided for people who just pay their sub fee and don't buy things from the blizzard store.

However... I don't believe the above to be true. In fact the more money blizz makes surely the more they can afford to spend on the game....

It's petty and pathetic and probably motivated by nothing more than jealousy of people who have the spare cash to buy the things they want. Just another example of the entitled and whiney WOW community. Some say it's blizz who is ruining the game and causing subs to drop. No... It's idiots who ruin other peoples play experience with petty actions such as kicking for no good reason.
    Last edited by Paulosio; 2013-07-19 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godric View Post
    It's one thing to flex your power against a company, but entirely another to ostracize another player for their transactions. It's their money, not yours. Players can't even ride their celestial steed without a good chance some mouth breather will attempt to talk shit to them.
    Well... I dont look at it as a personal attack on a person that is kicked from LFR or LFG. I think everyone knows that its done because of the business practice of the company that sold them.

So the people who are too poor are going to be jealous? They are worried about the petty $15 sub fee having micro transactions added to the game is freaking hilarious. Get a job.

Quote Originally Posted by Godric View Post
    In practice, I agree with you. In theory, no - I think everyone has to decide for themselves who they want to play with. I don't think kicking someone over your own principles is any worse than kicking someone for underperforming.

Kicking someone for their transmog is completely ridiculous and childish. Doing that is just rude and mean, and those that press "vote to kick" know that. I wouldn't be surprised if it was actually adults doing this as well, and not just impressionable children that think being stupidly mean is funny.

As much as I'd like to kick everyone in the face for being stupidly rude, I choose not to. This is the high road people. Same concept when clicking "vote to kick" in LFR/LFG when someone has or does something you disagree with.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Deleted
    dumb reason to kick people,
    But then I have been in LFR's where people would want to kick Low DPS people who only just had the gear to get into LFR and where obviously trying their best and there for the upgrades, so nothing surprises me about LFR mentality these days.

They deserve it for telling Blizzard that its fine to rip people off with these silly prices. I don't care that its "their money", they are making it worse for everyone long term.

Quote Originally Posted by unholyness View Post
    So the people who are too poor are going to be jealous? They are worried about the petty $15 sub fee having micro transactions added to the game is freaking hilarious. Get a job.
    Way to be childish. Its nothing to do with being poor. Its about not willingly bending over and getting ripped off by Blizzard for a few pixels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well... I dont look at it as a personal attack on a person that is kicked from LFR or LFG. I think everyone knows that its done because of the business practice of the company that sold them.
    To be frank, it doesn't matter what your look on it is.

They are ruining someone else's experience because they don't like the company. That IS a personal attack.

Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    Cause you're ruinning others game experience because you don't like that they buyed a COSMETIC item..., don't you think it would be the same if someone kick you out of a raid/dungeon because you have X or Y transmog/mounts/title?
    Well... looking at it from a "ruining others game experience" point of view. Some might actually find it ruin their game experience to all of a sudden see WOW turn into a game where real life money is starting to control how players ingame look.