10+ Year Old Account
    Logically it doesn't make sense to kick people who buy the helmet, people are frustrated by the illogical decisions by people. They abuse the fact that if you can get a few people to start a vote kick in LFR that person is usually gone regardless of what they are doing. By the logic of people in this thread, it makes more sense to kick the quiet top dps/healer who does their job and doesn't stand in anything wrong than to kick the troll in raid or the guy pulling 30k dps.

By the logic being displayed in this thread because people bought the helmet with their own money, they need to have rocks thrown at them. I understand people hate the shop but let people buy what they want and instead continue opposing the store on the forums. What do you really accomplish by kicking someone in an LFR with the helmet? Another will come, and another and another. They will still get their raid done one way or the other and the most you are doing is forcing Blizzard to make an alternative to the kicking system that is being abused.

Again for the drones who will read what they want, I posted on MMO champ and the WoW US forums that the helmets should be purchasable in game as well for around 100k gold per helmet. It allows people to use in-game currency to also buy the helmet, hell make it 200k even. It becomes another gold sink and it allows every player of WoW to get the helmet. However even though I do strongly believe that is how the store should be, allowing people to either pay IRL or use in-game currency for COSMETIC items I will not punish anyone buying them. I will take my concerns up with Blizzard and simply not drop the issue, if that doesn't work then don't buy the helmet. Personally I find my challenge mode helmet to be superior to the helmets and other warlock helmets to be better. You aren't solving the problem by kicking people, you are only taking a already rude community and making it worse. This seems to be more emotionally driven that "I hate this so anyone who buys it deserves to be punished!".

It also doesn't help that a lot of the anti-shop people look down upon the others and the way they use their words it indicates that they believe themselves to be higher. What do you expect from the pro-shop people? To just take your sarcasm and smile?

Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post
    No they are pissed off because people are making Blizzard add more and more content in the store rather in-game. Soon there might be dyes in store and even +100% honor gained in BGs because of people supporting this.

I might be a moron, a butthurt kid, an idiot but man, atleast id rather "waste" money on something that draws girls to me like protein powder, how-to-flirt books or weights than wasting my money on pixels.
    The logic is lacking here. I trust you don't play any sort of video games then since paying for them just means you pay to watch and move pixels right? You pay Blizzard so that you can watch certain pixels move a certain way by your logic. Blizzard has added a lot of mini pets to the store, how come those people weren't kicked from LFRs and shunned? Shouldn't Lil'Rag drop from Ragnaros and Lil'KT from Kel'thuzad? Why are mounts in the PET store? Why not kick them? Why is it that this whole discussion and fuse happens when a COSMETIC PIECE OF ARMOR is added to the game?

Pets and Mounts affect ACHIEVEMENT POINTS and yet barely anyone is lifting an eye brow. A cosmetic helmet doesn't improve your gameplay or affect your achievement points but it is suddenly the huge focal point of many WoW players? Am I missing something here? If I am please tell me what I am missing in a logical explanation and maybe I can see things from your perspective.

I like this as a form of protest, perfect response for someone that still cares about the game but does not like the direction its heading for a while now. Seems to me there is more of those than hat wearers.

And to say people did not complain about TCG loot, pets and mounts is silly, there were some pretty heated discussions on that topic, i remember at least 3 people i know in game that ended up with forum bans, at some point down this cash shop route you get more and more people not agreeing with it to a point of action.

I don't expect this kicking to continue really, it's just a temp outrage, however next one will be even bigger.
    Last edited by mixerii; 2013-07-20 at 08:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliessil View Post
    Wow, this is one of the most pathetic, stupid things I've heard in a long time o.o

It's like throwing bricks at people because they've bought lunch at MacDonalds and you hate fast food - doesn't matter how you try and justify it, you're still going to look like a self-entitled moron.
    It is our species. Billions have been murdered for less even...

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    This. Many people are against democratic voting processes here apparently.
    Then let the voices of the people who don't like it be heard through them NOT buying it, not by those people bringing hate and drama to those who do support it...
    Last edited by Huntingbear_grimbatol; 2013-07-20 at 08:48 AM.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Cryptozoic in game WoW items are already IN the game since 2006... no problem when 3rd parties sell in game items, but when Blizzard introduces a few fluff things it is evil.

LOL.
    Same with D3. 3rd party sites have been selling items for D2 for as long as I have played that game, but in D3 buying items from others is a no-go. It's really amazing how it's only wrong when Blizzard does it.

the Spectral Tiger is already in the game and sold by 3rd party websites for YEARS.

along with a few dozen other items sold by Cryptozoic...

The spectral tiger costs around 500 dollars....

So you didn't complain then (5 years ago) when 3rd party sold these fluff things, but now you do ???

LOL. Blizzard haters are a laugh really.
    I oppose all these things, the only exception being the cinderkitten and that other mount which was sold for charity. It's not enough to make me quit the game. But i still loathe the path they've taken, and i'll voice my concern untill one day the last drop falls and i quit.

I don't agree with healthcare either, but i'm not about to migrate elsewhere. Rather put my votes behind politicians that share my views.

I might be a moron, a butthurt kid, an idiot but man, atleast id rather "waste" money on something that draws girls to me like protein powder, how-to-flirt books or weights than wasting my money on pixels.
    Then that's your choice, why is my choice of buying the pixles more right than you buying protein powder and various other things?

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    So by kicking the pay2win hatters
    Semi off-topic, but how is a cosmetic item "pay2win"?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

So anyone see someone kicked from LFR for wearing the transmog tonight? Or is this just a bunch of people raging over a troll thread started by an anonymous level 15 Warlock on the EU forums?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biske View Post
    13 year old LFR fanboiz jumping on a bandwagon that differentiates the people who have bought an item. Calling them "losers" and /kicking. To some extent it's human nature to reach out to those different and hate on them. It's pathetic and childish and bordering on pixel racism.
    Hi

the Spectral Tiger is already in the game and sold by 3rd party websites for YEARS.

along with a few dozen other items sold by Cryptozoic...

The spectral tiger costs around 500 dollars....

So you didn't complain then (5 years ago) when 3rd party sold these fluff things, but now you do ???

LOL. Blizzard haters are a laugh really.
    not as funny as the bizarre sight of Blizzard apologists. that is hilarious.

do you praise a restaurant when it finds new ways to charge you for things? your mobile phone provider? do you cheer when your power company comes up with a new standing charge to add to the other ways it bills you?

of course not. that would be ridiculous.

yet Blizzard does that, and you come on this site, repeating time after time after time, how wonderful Blizzard are, because they will make new and greater profits. absurd behaviour that can only be explained by you either being deluded, or deliberately trying to stir things up to create a reaction. but i cant accuse you of the second thing, of course, because that would apparently be wrong.

anyway, off for breakfast i think. coffee and a bagel for me, but i suspect that wouldnt be your choice. you are probably more of a tea and roll man.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaykay View Post
    I oppose all these things, the only exception being the cinderkitten and that other mount which was sold for charity. It's not enough to make me quit the game. But i still loathe the path they've taken, and i'll voice my concern untill one day the last drop falls and i quit.

I don't agree with healthcare either, but i'm not about to migrate elsewhere. Rather put my votes behind politicians that share my views.
    You are one of a very select few because there hasn't been this much of an outcry in a long time. People just sat and gobbled up the mounts and minipets for years with exception to perhaps the first mount or two from the Blizzard store and first mini pet or two. After that the majority of people just accepted it.

Transmoging being a huge endgame activity for many. Being able to purchase the subjective "best" looking gear could be considered pay to win.

And a cash grab.
    The general consensus in regards to a pay to win is that you are paying to get an in-game advantage over others. In PvE raids/heroics/challenge modes/scenario/brawlers guild the helmets have no affect on the performance of the player or the people he/she is playing with. In PvP rated/arena/random/world the helmets have no affect on the performance of the player or the people he/she is playing with. In other content such as levelling, doing dailies, doing achievements the helmets have no affect on the performance of the player or the people he/she is playing with.

Wouldn't pay to win better fit the pets and mounts? Seeing as you get REWARDS from achievements by having a certain amount of pets/mounts? 9 store pets sure helps get that collect 400 unique pet achievement faster. 5 store mounts sure helps get that 200 mount achievement faster.
    Last edited by Forgottenone; 2013-07-20 at 08:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Biske View Post
    Transmoging being a huge endgame activity for many. Being able to purchase the subjective "best" looking gear could be considered pay to win.

And a cash grab.

Deleted
    atleast id rather "waste" money on something that draws girls to me like protein powder, how-to-flirt books or weights
    If you need those things to draw someone to you, bad luck. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Forgottenone View Post
    You are one of a very select few because there hasn't been this much of an outcry in a long time. People just sat and gobbled up the mounts and minipets for years with exception to perhaps the first mount or two from the Blizzard store and first mini pet or two. After that the majority of people just accepted it.
    There's not much else to do about it once the things are put on the store. But we can very well try and discourage them from putting up more. By prosecuting those who support these shady practices in harmless situations such as lfr.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    not as funny as the bizarre sight of Blizzard apologists. that is hilarious.

do you praise a restaurant when it finds new ways to charge you for things? your mobile phone provider? do you cheer when your power company comes up with a new standing charge to add to the other ways it bills you?

yet Blizzard does that, and you come on this site, repeating time after time after time, how wonderful Blizzard are, because they will make new and greater profits. absurd behaviour that can only be explained by you either being deluded, or deliberately trying to stir things up to create a reaction. but i cant accuse you of the second thing, of course, because that would apparently be wrong.

anyway, off for breakfast i think. coffee and a bagel for me, but i suspect that wouldnt be your choice. you are probably more of a tea and roll man.
    http://www.ebay.com/bhp/spectral-tiger

please ... DO click that link and scroll ....

enough said: 500 dollars asked for a spectral tiger by 3rd parties...

but when Blizzard asks 15 dollars for fluff things ... they ARE the evil.

Get out of our hobby with all your hate please.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-07-20 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post

I actually find the idea of paying extra for some extra cheese or topping on my pizza very logical...

And a cash grab.
    That's quite a stretch to call that winning. When looking pretty helps you obtain world first, then I will agree. And also, does that mean I already won the game since I've had what I wanted to transmog in my bank since Burning Crusade? (being a pack rat paid off)
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

Deleted
    I also whined about flying mounts in the store using the same model as unusuable flying mounts in the game, shows how pathetic Blizzard really are. Im not pveing but whenever i see a guy in a pvp server wear some item he bought from the store, its ganking time.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Then that's your choice, why is my choice of buying the pixles more right than you buying protein powder and various other things?
    Some people can try going to people and say "I bought a transmog item" VS "I bought this cool protein powder"

The reaction is based on the right choice.

And a cash grab.
    How do you "win" at looking the best? Which art piece is the "best" Mona Lisa or Scream, who's the most beautiful woman in the world?
    The "value" of art or looks is different from person to person, there's no "win" across the board. I and some people will think my transmog is cool, others might not.

- - - Updated - - -

Some people can try going to people and say "I bought a transmog item" VS "I bought this cool protein powder"

The reaction is based on the right choice.
    just wow...