Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Everyone who's against this:
    Send a complaint to blizzard with the correct tools.
    or unsubscribe.
    Words of wisdom. This is more likely to get a real reaction than just kicking and being a bully, which I guarantee you will accomplish nothing, and will probably cause Blizzard to take action against the kickers rather than their shop.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    Just heard that quite a few ppl have now been kicked out of both LFRs and LFGs for wearing the Blizzard store helmets they bought for 15$. What do you guys think of that ?

All I can say about it is that I can well understand ppl for doing that. There are some very heated discussions going on and I think Blizzard just went totally overboard in implementing these items, their pricing and the fact that most players are now realising that in game micro transaction is soon to follow.

Right now I think there is a big majority of players that do not like WOW to have this ingame store on top of subscription. So Blizzard forcing these items in without actually having laid the ground for it - just backfired badly.

Personally - I think it can only be a good thing to see players flex their power in game like this. It will hopefully get the developers and the corporate minds actually thinking about the players before they decide to create a new business model for a game .... without even asking the players what they thought of it.

Edit. Adding a link to gamebreaker.tv where they talk about one such incident and the general effect that the helms and the talk of ingame store are having in the community.

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/video-game...legendary-135/
    Sounds to me like Blizzard should ban you for promoting this behavior. You clearly take this game way too seriously.

Deleted
    You know its quite sad some people say "Blizzard will never sink so low" fanboys and their view of life, Blizzard already put that god damn p2winAH in one of their games..

But what pisses me off the most is these kind of people that wont leave fanboys alone. I mean seriously stop ruining it for them, quit the game, the game is crap, you still have a choice, this game cannot be saved anymore. So stop whining, quit the game and get a new hobby, please save yourself.
    Last edited by mmoc664e732ce0; 2013-07-20 at 11:07 AM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theburned View Post
    What a lot of people don't seem to get is how it will affect the ones who don't buy such items in the long run. Because Blizzard will make money from it, they will put some of the staff of the art department to make that gear look cooler, thus less time to make awesome items that are achieveable in game, such as the challenge mode gear and raid gear.
    So for this reason I consider kicking people out of LFR and LFG is actually quite fine, making people know that it is wrong to support ideas that will make the game less worthwhile for the regular player, and also the top tier players. Sadly it won't help, but hopefully it will cut the budget of the micro-transaction store enough for them to make raid gear look good.

It is not petty, because it's an attack on people supporting the company, and not envying people who can afford to buy stuff, also the people who buy them should consider in what ways it affects others. If it didn't affect anyone, noone would bother to kick them in the first place.
    Save your breath man. These people can't see beyond the end of their own noses.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    What makes you think that blizzard wouldn't hire more art designers if this cash shop deal becomes a success?
    Because they aren't even hiring enough artists for the game now despite billions in revenue. Silvermoon remains a wreck. Gnomeregan as a capital will never see the light of day. Echo Isles is more or less just a bunch of huts without even a flight path to.

And why should they hire more artists? Just letting earnable gear look like crap will make the store bought ones more attractive, increasing sales.
    Last edited by SodiumChloride; 2013-07-20 at 11:16 AM.

Oh lord, this must be the absolute dumbest reason I've ever heard for kicking someone.
    It doesn't affect the goal of the raid in the slightest.
    If someone can take offense at seeing someone spend a few dollars on some cosmetic items, they really need their head examined.

Blizzard is not going to make it pay to win just because some people buy a fancy new hat!
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post
    You know its quite sad some people say "Blizzard will never sink so low" fanboys and their view of life, Blizzard already put that god damn p2winAH in one of their games..
    And they haven't for WoW, which is what this is about.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    And they haven't for WoW, which is what this is about.
    It will begin with +100% honor gained..

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I sleep for 7 hours, and the pagecount has doubled in that time... Can't believe it's still going.
    I think your sleep was more like 2 hours.

This thread impresses me with its determination to grow. Kind of like overfed yeast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    Just heard that quite a few ppl have now been kicked out of both LFRs and LFGs for wearing the Blizzard store helmets they bought for 15$. What do you guys think of that ?

All I can say about it is that I can well understand ppl for doing that. There are some very heated discussions going on and I think Blizzard just went totally overboard in implementing these items, their pricing and the fact that most players are now realising that in game micro transaction is soon to follow.

Right now I think there is a big majority of players that do not like WOW to have this ingame store on top of subscription. So Blizzard forcing these items in without actually having laid the ground for it - just backfired badly.

Personally - I think it can only be a good thing to see players flex their power in game like this. It will hopefully get the developers and the corporate minds actually thinking about the players before they decide to create a new business model for a game .... without even asking the players what they thought of it.

Edit. Adding a link to gamebreaker.tv where they talk about one such incident and the general effect that the helms and the talk of ingame store are having in the community.

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/video-game...legendary-135/
    If this happened, then it's an anecdotal event, and says only something about how there are douche bags in the game that think they have to make other peoples business, and what these people do with their money, their own business. When the truth is, that it isn't their business at all.

As for the text I put in bold..

Your thinking is flawed... There isn't even a majority to be found amongst those who actively express their opinions. Be it here, be it at the official forums, or be it at other fan platforms. The combined summary of those few thousand people did not produce a majority against such items amongst them.
    But WOW has not just a few thousand players, it has 8 million+ subs. These other 8 million players never bother to express their opinions on any platforms. They express their opinions through "silence" and with the payments of their subscriptions. Which indicates, they are absolutely fine with the game as it is.

My experience in the game is the absolute contrary to the story you posted. I was in an LFR yesterday where a few had a helm already too. The whole group was chatting about it while we waited for refill players. No one had any hatred expressed. It revolved only around esthetic of the looks and whether the price was too high or not.
    Similar with guild chat. I'm in a very large guild with always between 50 and 200 ppl online at any given time. There too, people talked about it, no one hated it, and again. Only the visual effects and the monetary value have been subject.
    And that's what it boils down to be worth talking about at all. Every mature and normally developed individual cannot talk about something else. One really needs to be a good deal of immature to make the matter even an issue.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Same stigma happened with the sparkling pony mount. I wouldn't use one of those helmets even if they gave me one.

And personally I think idiots that use them have way too much money or access to mommy's CC, that being said I wouldnt kick them.
    Last edited by Hellfury; 2013-07-20 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post
    It will begin with +100% honor gained..
    Baseless speculation. There are no indications whatsoever that Blizzard will ever implement this into WoW. Arguments like yours are nothing more than ill-concieved fear-mongering and wishful thinking in order to justify your irrational hate on a company.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    Same stigma happened with the sparkling pony mount. I would use one of those helmets even if they gave me one.

And personally I think idiots that use them have way too much money or access to mommy's CC, that being said I wouldnt kick them.
    I'll assume that was supposed to be "wouldn't".
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

Same stigma happened with the sparkling pony mount. I would use one of those helmets even if they gave me one.

Yes because the entire playerbase of wow is kids stealing their parents credit cards...
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Baseless speculation. There are no indications whatsoever that Blizzard will ever implement this into WoW. Arguments like yours are nothing more than ill-concieved fear-mongering and wishful thinking in order to justify your irrational hate on a company.
    Even if they did, all he'd have to do is go to the WoW page and unsubscribe. I don't understand what's the big deal. If they do decide to go with that terrible business decision, you quit playing. You're not obligated to use their product, and they're not obligated to cater to the customers (which, I mean, would be terrible for business, but yeah)

10+ Year Old Account

I don't like them, I think they are ugly, and I consider them too expensive. I could easily afford them too. But I would NEVER call someone who does get them an idiot.
    That's just out of line...
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Nyanmaru View Post
    This just in: WoW TCG Loot Cards appeared first in 2006. Only available through cash, vastly more expensive than the current helmets. The outrage over the transmog items is so incredibly dumb.

If people want to pay for cosmetics, how can anyone be upset about it? As long as they are clearly distuingishable from ingame achievements it doesn't matter the least. This is just as stupid as demanding that old raid gear should only be mog-able if you got it when it was "current content".
    This is not TCG... neither is this is the collector's edition where you got 1 pet along site many other awsome stuff. This is about in game micro transaction shop with alot of items priced at 10-25$ per piece. So stop trying to justify ingame cash shop in a sub based mmo game with TCG and pet that was one of many things in the collector's edition. Cause there is a huge difference.

nobody hates blizzard, we just voice our dislike for this type of business practices. As was mentioned earlier in this thread. Its like being able to buy challenge mode gear with real money.

(And before you go and shout BUUUUSTSSS. That is you paying four people to work/group with you for x amount of hours. Not quite the same product, perhaps in the end but thats not what you pay for upfront. )

Atleast challenge mode gear can be obtained ingame without having to shed any £ to a cash shop. It astounds me people are willing to let their subscriptions worth fall so much, if you're not paying for more unbiased non-monitization focused content to the game, then wtf are you paying 10 euros a month for?

Same stigma happened with the sparkling pony mount. I wouldn't use one of those helmets even if they gave me one.

from now on, i'm gonna run around with a store helmet, a store pet, and a store mount. i will bathe in the tears of hate and butthurt lol.

Me and most players I know ingame, oppose the micro transaction shop. To us its just another hell gate, touch it anymore and hell will brake lose, turning our beloved game into a crap environment where money talks and bullshit walks...

So reading these news gave us a great idea. From now on, we will votekick/ignore any person that supports this shit. Why ??? because this shop has to close down for game's shake and since we cant force blizz to do so, votekickin is the only option.

ps for the haters : hate all you want but this is our opinion and we are going all the way!