Page 72 of 121 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    You express your dislike with a valid, polite and well worded statement in the official forums. Plus you simply don't buy..
    Your well worded criticism has more chance to convince someone not to buy either, than kicking people from ingame events. That will ultimately backfire.
    Blizzard doesn't even read EU forums. Kicking people in lfr is largely only thing that blizzard might give a shit about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Primus View Post
    You guys look at the tree and miss view to forrest. Everyone has the right to do anything he wanna with his cash. This is totally acceptable and respected by me. I am not gonna call names to people buy that crap, but I have every right on the other hand to stop playing with them. They are blizz shop supporters, I am not and I want shop closed.

I respect you all buyers, but will also ignore/votekick for the shake of this game. Nothing personal here.
    Okay... If you truly respect them, that would be fine.
    But do you really? You have the right to choose with whom to play.. Then the logic solution (and only solution applicable) to this is, you do not vote kick them, you are the one leaving the instance.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by kazih View Post
    What kind of non-childish/petty protest would you suggest then?
    What you're doing is the equivalent of barricading your Walmart-shopping (blizz store) neighbor in his house because you don't like what Walmart is doing. Basically just being a hindrance to your neighbor while doing absolutely nothing Walmart cares about, yet still shopping at Sam's Club (subscription), thus still giving Wal-mart Stores Inc. (Blizzard) money. If you don't like how Blizzard is operating, stop using their services and buying their products.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

In my opinion it's just fine that Blizzard added cosmetic items bought through the Blizzard store, because the items don't give any boost to anything within the game. Your DPS will not get higher, you will not gain more experience, you will not get extra % of loot or anything, it's only looks. There are tons of MMO's around where you actually CAN buy items with real money which improve your in-game performance regarding DPS and such. Look at Age of Empires Online for example.

Also, I can imagine Blizzard is trying to harvest more money in other ways, as their amount of subscribers are lowered compared to last years. What if Blizzard did something else to get their wages from their Subscribers, like raising the subscription costs? I'm sure most of the players would prefer the cosmetic-shop tactic instead of it. Blizzard could also just force you to pay more for your subscription, but they aren't. (Again, there are also lots of MMO's which do raise the subscription costs and force their players to pay more.) You're free to buy or not to buy the cosmetic items and it doesn't change your in-game performance. So in the end, be happy that Blizzard added those free-to-buy cosmetic items instead of forcing you to pay more by raising your subscription-costs. Blizzard had to do something to keep their incomes safe, and I think they made a good decision using this tactic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard doesn't even read EU forums. Kicking people in lfr is largely only thing that blizzard might give a shit about.
    Where do you pull that myth from? Blizzard doesn't read the EU forums? Where do the blue posts come from, that respond to the EU threads?
    And are you even aware that not only do they read their own official forums of all the regions. They also read other forums, like this one here....

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    Well... looking at it from a "ruining others game experience" point of view. Some might actually find it ruin their game experience to all of a sudden see WOW turn into a game where real life money is starting to control how players ingame look.
    Players wearing vanity helms in LFR affect performance and experience?

No.

Or again, more likely blizz either removes or changes the lfr kick since that earns them no money. congrats.
    We have felled demon commanders, cowed the master of death, conquered Old Gods, and stopped the Aspect of Death from destroying the very planet. Now, we need to kill this dude who managed to enslave pudding eating panda's, slobbering sauroks, and hilariously inept hozen. Awesome. Really epic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaykay View Post
    there are many reasons to be repulsed by the business practices used in the blizzard store providing content that we as customers should be getting for free as content in the game, We pay a subscription for.
    the people buying the helmets pay a subscription too you know?
    you act as if there aren´t 100+ newly introduced items in the game with every damn patch...the helmets are purely cosmetic and it´s no different from the purchasable mounts we had for years

Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post
    Remember me the day it comes out.
    Remember me when it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Remember me when it doesn't.
    He'll never forget you, then. It's almost romantic.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zooch View Post
    >random guy
    >buys xmog helm
    >wear during LFR
    >get kicked
    >join another LFR
    >get kicked
    >f**k these helms I'm not buying anymore

That's why you kick them.
    VK doesn't work like that. After a while they will be immune to a VK so they can afk, ninjapull bosses, need roll on lockboxes all while wearing the helm to their heart's content. So, tell us, when the "f**k these helms I'm not buying anymore" comes then.

10+ Year Old Account
    What kind of non-childish/petty protest would you suggest then?
    Unsubscribe. It's the only thing they might actually pay attention to, and it'll give everyone else a much better game experience without you in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Where do you pull that myth from? Blizzard doesn't read the EU forums? Where do the blue posts come from, that respond to the EU threads?
    And are you even aware that not only do they read their own official forums of all the regions. They also read other forums, like this one here....
    the blues on EU forums are just CMs, basically mods. no Devs post on the EU forums sadly. they might read them, but it would be nice if some of the devs posted on it.
    dragonmaw - EU

Quote Originally Posted by Zooch View Post
    >random guy
    >buys xmog helm
    >wear during LFR
    >get kicked
    >join another LFR
    >get kicked
    >f**k these helms I'm not buying anymore

That's why you kick them.
    Something you may not understand yet. There are people like me who work for a living, pay their bills and taxes, and have some extra cash to spend so they buy one of the transmog helms. It's a vanity item that doesn't give me any advantage over anyone else. When the day comes that they start selling current tier items, then you have a valid complaint. Until then, grow the hell up and quit obsessing how other people spend their money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KWC3587 View Post
    Or again, more likely blizz either removes or changes the lfr kick since that earns them no money. congrats.
    The VK could in fact be removed, and if replaced correctly, it would be a huge improvement.
    Remove VK, replace with:
    check toons against their activity.
    shorten the DC auto kick timer.
    block spec change while inside the instance.

The only thing left then would be the grievers that are pulling trash and such on purpose to cause a raid wipe. But maybe there's a smart solution for them as well..

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    the blues on EU forums are just CMs, basically mods. no Devs post on the EU forums sadly. they might read them, but it would be nice if some of the devs posted on it.
    They do read. They even read 3rd party forums like MMOchamp's. They rarely reply though because it almost never ends well.

I'm glad that people are doing this, maybe it will make less people buy the items and will make sure Blizzard doesn't repeat their mistake again.

Giving away 3 more items from blizzard store.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Solidsteel View Post
    I'm glad that people are doing this, maybe it will make less people buy the items and will make sure Blizzard doesn't repeat their mistake again.
    Like what happened when people complained and they got rid of the sparkling horse, LFR, and LFG.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Giving away 3 more items from blizzard store.

Sure. Hand me one.

Just kidding.