Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    There is no value in people who think it would be acceptable to use cash to gain things in a game. These kinda people are far worse than any AFKer.
    I doth think you protest too much. Because that's an incredibly silly thing to say.

Quote Originally Posted by I make people mad View Post
    Afk'ing in LFR is okay but having a vanity item on your head isn't

Logic
    That isn't what he said at all and you know it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Allarius View Post
    You're just making them mad at you.
    Let them be mad, maybe they'll think twice before using unfair means to gain ingame items again.

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Its bullying not boycotting tbh.
    Whilst I would not kick someone for wearing the transmog helm I keep seeing this argument that it is bullying to do so. Why was there no outrage over the thousands of people who have been kicked for being able to roll on the same gear as another member of the party? What about players that are kicked for low healing or damage even though they are performing at the maximum level their gear allows? I find it interesting that many who support the fact that you can ruin someone's playtime for hours on end on PVP servers by corpse camping low level players are now against transmog helm owners being removed from LFR and spending 15-20 minutes requeuing.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    No it's not. Lobbyists are mercenaries trying to buy influence.

There's no influence to be had in buying a vanity transmog item. Nor is there any principled stand to be made by disrupting the gameplay of those who do.

Chatting them up and expressing your displeasure and why you feel that way is totally cool. Do that!
    I do! But that only goes so far. I'm not a kicker, but I would vote for it if it came up, while also putting it out there in chat.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Let them be mad, maybe they'll think twice before using unfair means to gain ingame items again.
    Unfair? Are you trying to bring this full-circle to the "you poor bro" days again, because money is easily accessible - go earn some.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Whilst I would not kick someone for wearing the transmog helm I keep seeing this argument that it is bullying to do so. Why was there no outrage over the thousands of people who have been kicked for being able to roll on the same gear as another member of the party? What about players that are kicked for low healing or damage even though they are performing at the maximum level their gear allows? I find it interesting that many who support the fact that you can ruin someone's playtime for hours on end on PVP servers by corpse camping low level players are now against transmog helm owners being removed from LFR and spending 15-20 minutes requeuing.
    I am not sure I dislike kicking for anything other than the person being a complete asshole/disrupting the group / afk etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure that gives you comfort when you're confronted with a democracy of thugs versus you in an alleyway at night. Hey, they voted.
    I don't go down alleyways at night.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    I doth think you protest too much. Because that's an incredibly silly thing to say.
    You can make up for an AFKer by doing more dps/healing. But you can't make up for the bad impact cash abusers inflict on the game's future.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Unfair? Are you trying to bring this full-circle to the "you poor bro" days again, because money is easily accessible - go earn some.
    I got mine for free

ez

Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    I don't go down alleyways at night.
    Because you're afraid of democracy except when you're wielding it. Gotcha.

Quote Originally Posted by Allarius View Post
    You seem to be under the mistaken notion that the cash shop wouldn't be there if you keep those people out of your runs, or if by kicking them out they'll suddenly stop using it. You're just making them mad at you.

Blizzard isn't going to respond to bullying. No company would respond to such low tactics.
    Well, since you don't want to raid with them, them being mad at you is just fine. Plus there is always the unsub button, but that's on monthly basis. With only 5.4 left and expansion far away it's not that difficult to unsub in protest.

And while companies may not response to bullying ... they sure as hell respond to losing money.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Quote Originally Posted by koawinter View Post
    And that's bad? Isn't the point of all this to create commotion?
    You want to create a commotion that shows what the problem is. The only thing you're portraying is intolerance and immaturity by failing to use an appropriate or even relevant means.

Don't worry, my fancy transmog hat keeps it firmly in place.

Variety is the spice of life, and if blizz was a fast food joint they'd be charging you for the condiments.

That is a more apt comparison than all your analogies combined lawl.

No it's not. Lobbyists are mercenaries trying to buy influence.

There's no influence to be had in buying a vanity transmog item. Nor is there any principled stand to be made by disrupting the gameplay of those who do.

Chatting them up and expressing your displeasure and why you feel that way is totally cool. Do that!
    Buying a vanity transmog item is "voting with your wallet" that you will pay extra for items outside of your subscription. It has been repeated over and over again in these threads that this is why people are angry and taking it out on people who have these helms, money influences Blizzard to continue on this path, and some people do not agree with that path.

It just seems like this argument will forever go into circles, repeating the same things over and over again. No offense, but it just doesn't seem like some people can even understand why people are mad over this and just keep saying things like "You're just mad that you can't afford it" or stuff like that.
    Last edited by Flower Milk; 2013-07-20 at 09:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by macdisciple View Post
    So what? It impacts you, not at all.
    does it impact you when someone kicks ppl like that? dont think so

Quote Originally Posted by Donair View Post
    Excellent. Keep it up folks! Our message will be heard loud and clear. To all those who have supported the cash shop and purchased these helms: you and your wallets will thank us when the dust settles and future cosmetic items are made available in game as part of your monthly sub.

You may be willing to throw your money out the window and support bad business but this is for your own good.

If these children can't be responsible with their money and Blizzard can't be responsible with their greed then it's time to intercede. Keep up the kicks guys and make sure to be as vocal as possible about why you're doing so! In game and on the forums. Blizzard will get the message.
    Exactly, we're doing these people a service. They lack the self control to responsibly spend their money. These items used to be included in the subscription. Now they're being sold for extra, so if we put a stop to this Blizzard will go back to giving us these items for "free". As the way it should be. You'll thank us one day guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Lomak View Post
    Here's an analogy for you.

Variety is the spice of life, and if blizz was a fast food joint they'd be charging you for the condiments.

That is a more apt comparison that all your shitty analogies combined lawl.
    If Blizz charging me for condiments bothered me, I'd either make do without, or eat somewhere else. I wouldn't spend my time ranting and raving in the dining area before dropping a load on other people's meals.

You chose a different path.

If I find out someone was kicked for having the helm i'm going to troll the living crap out of the group until it's over. I will do everything in my power to ensure that LFR/dungeon does not finish.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Deleted
    What difference does that make? Just because I can buy the items doesn't make it ethically acceptable if I did, it's still unfair.