Deleted

Icicles in PvP = Pet to passive?

Wonderin' if its better to set WE to passive with Icicles. I'm not a fan off those 700 ticks from waterbolt

10+ Year Old Account
    waterbolt is being buffed by 9% and is better to have than not have, plus there is still time for mastery to change again before patch hits live, not like i care since i quit the game ages ago, i just keep checking back every now and then, knowing blizz they will over buff it for when it goes live, then super nerf it a week after the patch stating it needed "balancing" or some other BS like they have done this entire expansion for mages soo far.

If this is serious, lol. But might as well take a swing at it.

Sure, if you're satisfied with playing severely sub-optimally.

You're losing out on ~10%-13% of your total damage alone from not having your WE attack, and with the new mastery it'd be another big chunk. Even for PvP I'd say it's a terrible idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Icicles shoot themself on their own if you get more than a stack when you're already at 5 stacks. So unless you wan't to use all 5 icicles for burst over like 5 seconds (because what I've heard the icicles are extremely slow), then be my guest.

Besides, according to venruki (and what i've seen) icicles do literate shit damage in PvP because of double dipping resilience.

Quote Originally Posted by Emfg View Post
    Besides, according to venruki (and what i've seen) icicles do literate shit damage in PvP because of double dipping resilience.
    Which has been stated by Blizzard that it will be fixed to not double dip.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylol View Post
    If this is serious, lol. But might as well take a swing at it.

Sure, if you're satisfied with playing severely sub-optimally.

You're losing out on ~10%-13% of your total damage alone from not having your WE attack, and with the new mastery it'd be another big chunk. Even for PvP I'd say it's a terrible idea.
    Wow sorry for asking. But cheers for info anyway.

I'm struggling to get to terms on how to use icicles in PvP. And whether to go haste or mastery!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Ice Lance is the only spell that will activate all 5 icicles, the other spells just use up the oldest one in the stack, so you will always be able to choose the target that will get all 5. The stacked damage will not be easy to control because of the dynamics of pvp.

As for haste or mastery, we won't know this until a week before the patch anyway, the numbers will be changing often.
    My magic will tear you apart.

Deleted
    Icicles in PvP are almost useless.

Say you cast 5 frostbolts for 100k damage each.

12k of that is stored in an icicle. You can have 5 Icicles. Thats a total of 60k Damage. 60k is 60k, nothing special. But afaik Frostbolts don't hit for 100k in PvP so 60k is more of a PvE number. So 60k in PvE numbers could be more like 20-30k in PvP. That's nothing.

Sorry to break this to you but Icicles is a way for PvE to keep their damage up after the nerf to PvP.

Also in PvE turning your welly to passive will be a DPS loss. Welly bolt in PvE doesn't lower your Icicle damage. It is the opposite infact.

icicles get launced no matter what after5 stacks, so not using waterbolt is less dps. you miss out on waterbold dps and the extra icicle dps.