Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ViridianCC View Post
    Pretty stupid. Why don't we just have any dumb idea for classes now and slap 'em into WoW, claiming "Blizzard can make it fit" without any regard for lore or gameplay? I guess I should start writing up my thread on my proposed Power Ranger class.

Also: Dual wield bladed pistols, dat tryhard.

Settle down there. I personally wouldn't play the class but damn I got to respect the creativity. Sheesh...

It's cool in a teenager's or weeaboo's sense of what's "Badass"

And believe me, that wasn't harsh.
    Then I'll go with Vellerix and disagree.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by ViridianCC View Post
    Pretty stupid. Why don't we just have any dumb idea for classes now and slap 'em into WoW, claiming "Blizzard can make it fit" without any regard for lore or gameplay? I guess I should start writing up my thread on my proposed Power Ranger class.

Also: Dual wield bladed pistols, dat tryhard.
    Yes, Power Rangers would definitely fit the lore better than my idea.

After all, in WoW there's no sign of guns, bullets, explosives, rockets, engineering/tinkering, alchemy, legendary creatures taken from various cultures (Yeti, Wendigo, etc), werewolves, and most importantly, a whole nation (with its characters and lore) totally based on the UK Regency era. And, oh, dual wielded bladed pistols is something we NEVER happened to see. Right.

Plus... tell me in which way this should be disregarding for the gameplay. Really, I'm asking you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowspace View Post
    I like the core concept a lot. I would think their primary stat would have to be agi, and their gear would need to be mail...this is the only obvious option based on the game's current class distribution. Clearly a lot of the monster-based abilities would need to have their names changed to fit WoW's lore a bit better...but I like the flavor of what you've come up with so far. "Glove Slap" sold it for me. I think the addition of an on-demand "reload" ability (with a cast time maybe, to limit it) would make their resource management a bit more interesting than just "waiting for bullets aka, runes aka, energy." There are enough classes that have to sit around and wait for a resource to magically generate itself.

I see no harm in letting hunters use dual-pistols too, even if it is a bit silly. Even other "weird" weapon types like intellect axes or strength polearms can be used by more than one class, so the more hunters and MH's can share weapons, the better.

I agree Worgen wouldn't be a perfect fit for the class, but they DO have a few things going for them, just like Draenei. Gilneans in recent years have had to learn to hunt monsters like the invading Forsaken, their undead constructs, and the mindless Worgen affected by the curse. They would be the perfect race to deliver a Glove Slap (this is the most important reason!!), and as NPCs, many of them seem to like to use firearms as a weapon. With their history of druidism/harvest-witchery, they seem more in-tune to the wilds and what it has to offer, and they're more likely than Draenei to "do whatever it takes", including some questionable practices. And hey...undead abominations and a werewolf plague knocked down their wall and disturbed their nice quiet lives, I could see them wanting to mercilessly hunt down them and their ilk.

The only thing is...I'm just not sure I see Draenei being a great fit either. Many of them are adept with technology and are also very spiritual/magical, and love crusading against Bad Things, so that's great...But I don't think all those interests would very often come together to create utilities as ethically-questionable as injectors (which to me implies exploitation of their victims, something I think they would kind of be against). As a race, they seem to prefer defending themselves with magic/crystal melee weapons, rather than guns. And they're just a bit too worried about the legion to be crusading against random beasts and monsters. :P

Great idea though, I like it. I love reading well thought out class concepts.

I think "junk" needs to be called something else - "scrap" maybe. "Junk" is just WAY too ripe for exploitation. :|
    Your thoughts about Draenei and their ethics is really interesting, you had some strong points and definitely made me change my mind about them. Plus, another thing I came out with after reading your post is that, being Monster Hunters zealous scholars of creatures and supernatural, would be rather unlikely for Draenei, coming from another planet, to have developed the necessary knowledge the class requires (neither they would have any motivation or interest in hunting Azerothian monsters like you said). Maybe Night Elves would fit the class a little better (they're renowned hunters and warriors after all, and definitely less "ethereal" than Draenei).

Thank you for reading and for the time you spent replying and sharing your thoughts, I really appreciate that

10+ Year Old Account
    i think it needs a lot of work, but a steampunk style class would be really cool, love the idea of the injections, its like a mix between a tinker/engineer and alchemist! only thing is i don't see blizzard creating a new weapon type for just one class to use.
    good work look forward to more updates.
    im also not too keen on the name monster hunter.

- - - Updated - - -

also, monster hunters are not exactly the hardest things to fit into lore, its not like they are using some magic no one else has ever heard of, or using techniques that can only be taught by special people like monks. they are basically just taking a gun, some bullets, some explosives and potions and going to kick some ass. they are just like extreme hunters.
    dragonmaw - EU

Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    i think it needs a lot of work, but a steampunk style class would be really cool, love the idea of the injections, its like a mix between a tinker/engineer and alchemist! only thing is i don't see blizzard creating a new weapon type for just one class to use.
    good work look forward to more updates.
    Thank you so much for your interest and for commenting I'm actually updating the post every now and then when I have time.

The weapon was just suggested to me by an already existing one in the game, I'm aware of the fact that Blizzard is unlikely to develope a new weapon type for one class (although they could actually just implement Pistols as a new kind of ordinary ranged weapons also usable by Hunters, and give the Monster Hunters a way to attach blades to their weapons, almost like DKs forge their weapons to make them runeblades)
    But anyway they could just be using regular ranged weapons (one of the DPS builds is already supposed to do so), while the tanks could dual wield blades (although that would make though to keep that "blades 'n' bullets" feel that I thought would be distinctive of the class)
    Last edited by jutsfortehlulz; 2013-07-20 at 11:28 AM.

Deleted
    Awesome idea.

Also, don't mind the people saying it doesn't fit in WoW. They'll say anything which innovates the game doesn't fit. WoW needs ideas like these for a breath of fresh air.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    Awesome idea.

Also, don't mind the people saying it doesn't fit in WoW. They'll say anything which innovates the game doesn't fit. WoW needs ideas like these for a breath of fresh air.
    Thank you really! By the way I know that apparently my idea could seem a little out of place, but I really based myself on already existing elements (namely: the whole Gilnean environment) without trying to force anything to the lore, neither trying to invent something out of nothing. Of course some things are pretty far from the WoW universe (vampires and ash wood pickets for example), but I think they could just be renamed/adapted to the lore with no harm at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Wow this is a really creative idea, most class concepts I see tend to be quite samey, but you've really come up with something fresh here, I do think bladed pistols are a little weird, I mean, sure some could exist as weapon models but using them as your sole melee capability feels wrong, I'm not sure what else you could use for close range, maybe a cool idea would be to use a blunderbuss (shotgun) for close range attacks, not sure if that would be taking the whole gunpowder thing too far though.

Apart from the bladed pistols, I love it and would definately play something like that in game, I especially like the way you designed the resource system.
    Yeah I see bladed pistols are getting alot of controversial. You know what, I thought about a combination of a close range fire weapon (like a blunderbuss, as you say) and melee weapons, but since they removed the ability to equip both melee and ranged weapons from hunters, I doubt they'll walk back on their steps to implement it again.
    I proposed alternate options in the main post, like simply using already existing ranged weapons, or to give MHs the ability to modify weapons and add melee capabilities to them (think about DKs runeforging), or even giving tanks just a couple of melee weapons, and cover their ranged duties with explosives only.

I really appreciate the time you took to read the whole thing and comment, by the way
    Last edited by jutsfortehlulz; 2013-07-20 at 12:15 PM.

This somehow reminds me of the witcher but with gun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here are my thoughts about this concept;

1. I think you should change the name of this class to Gunman, Gunner, Gunsmith, or some derivative of Slayer.
    2. I like that you incorporated Tinker and Alchemist aspects.
    3. Your Witch Hunter spec should use rifles instead of pistols.
    4. You should incorporate a spec where the player can turn into a variety of monsters, ala Victor from FF7, or the Lucavi from FF tactics. You can use your injector concept to make it work.
    5. Cool concept. Keep up the good work.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2013-07-20 at 03:10 PM.