Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    It doesn't matter that they "existed in Warcraft lore", the sequence of expansions as well as the fact that Pandaria was even included in the first place tells you that there was quite the semblance of knowledge on the poster's part.

If you can point me to a single other list or source that was this damn accurate then please do so because following WoW news for the past 8 years I can certainly say there isn't.

P.S. I'm not saying this list is 100% right or that it was NOT a fake, the guy who leaked it came out and admitted that it was, but he clearly had some knowledge that the playerbase doesn't/didn't.
    Except it's not. His "Maelstrom" expansion following WotLK contained literally zero of the zones contained in Cataclysm, the Cataclysm zones were part of the "Planes" set which had Pandaria, an entire continent, as a single leveling zone, and many more glaring inaccuracies. Face it, the guy took current info, and a bunch of random names from Warcraft lore, and posted it to get a rise, claiming it to be the "master list" posted by blues in 2004 just to troll people.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by meloreandor View Post
    Hahahah, you got this from an expansion idea before Cataclysm was announced off of Wowpedia/Wowwiki.
    It's way older than that, he basically just copied a made-up list of zones for expansions that were around back in TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    It doesn't matter that they "existed in Warcraft lore", the sequence of expansions as well as the fact that Pandaria was even included in the first place tells you that there was quite the semblance of knowledge on the poster's part.

If you can point me to a single other list or source that was this damn accurate then please do so because following WoW news for the past 8 years I can certainly say there isn't.

P.S. I'm not saying this list is 100% right or that it was NOT a fake, the guy who leaked it came out and admitted that it was, but he clearly had some knowledge that the playerbase doesn't/didn't.
    Or I have more knowledge than him because I called that list fake the moment I saw it and I was right. And how is the list accurate? It's terribly inaccurate. "Wolfenhold" for the worgen starting area and Xorothian plains as the leveling equivalent of Ghostlands/Barrens/Silverpine/etc. implying that they were going to be in a demonic territory (that's where warlock horses are summoned from). The whole section about the Emerald Dream being wrong, the elemental plains as leveling zones, which is wrong except for Deepholm and even then the level is wrong, and the original list had that as a whole expansion based in the planes, and the WotLK stuff is right because WotLK was already announced and in beta when the list first appeared.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crysthalica View Post
    It's way older than that, he basically just copied a made-up list of zones for expansions that were around back in TBC.
    IIRC it started spreading around the internet when some Northrend doodads were found in one of the later TBC patches.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jsz View Post
    Is this from that list from like 2008
    Yes it is and it's not from a "blue post"...

Quote Originally Posted by ryanp0405 View Post
    The next expansion is and will be about the Burning Legion. Currently, the only info I know and can give, is the list of new zones, and their level ranges.
    K'aresh - 96 to 99
    Argus Meadowlands - 97 to 100
    Mac'Aree - 99 to 100
    Maw of Oblivion - 100+
    The Burning Citadel - 100+++

Thus, taking us finally to the awaited cap of level 100. Thanks for your time, and have a great one!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Found this in the list aswell.

Wolfenhold - 1 to 10
    Xorothian Plains - 10 to 20

The Green Lands - 88 to 91
    The Dying Paradise - 91 to 94
    The Emerald Nightmare - 94 to 97
    The Eye of Ysera - 97 to 100

Deephome - 88 to 91
    Skywall - 91 to 94
    The Abyssal Maw - 94 to 97
    The Firelands - 97 to 100

Legion Set

K'aresh - 96 to 99
    Argus Meadowlands - 97 to 100
    Mac'Aree - 99 to 100
    Maw of Oblivion - 100+
    The Burning Citadel - 100+++

Originally a blue post back in '08
    LOL.

http://wow.allakhazam.com/forum.html...38816&h=50&p=1 - its copied from here. It's 2007 post. And most of locations are bullseye. But poster after few pages said that its fake. BUT: how its possible that he discovers most of all locations with future expansions and its LIVE now? Some of locations he posted was added in Cataclysm, some of them are added now in MOP.

Anyway, i trust that he was right in his first post and now we receive BURNING CITADEL! :")

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    LOL.

http://wow.allakhazam.com/forum.html...38816&h=50&p=1 - its copied from here. It's 2007 post. And most of locations are bullseye. But poster after few pages said that its fake. BUT: how its possible that he discovers most of all locations with future expansions and its LIVE now? Some of locations he posted was added in Cataclysm, some of them are added now in MOP.

Anyway, i trust that he was right in his first post and now we receive BURNING CITADEL! :")
    Again A) his timetable is wrong and B) all these zones are existing Warcraft lore. It doesn't take a genius to figure out they'll make their way into WoW if the game goes long enough.

I'm surprised people are STILL defending the list even after it's been debunked so many times.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Biske View Post
    I'm surprised people are STILL defending the list even after it's been debunked so many times.
    Especially since whether it was originally true or false is a moot point by now, what with it not being even remotely accurate.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Front page/Boub sock account or GTFO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

Deleted
    Well obviously the next expansion is Burning Legion themed. They only have ten more levels to end the Burning Legion plotline, deal with Aszhara and Sargeras, finally end the Old God threat once and for all, and resolve the Horde v Alliance story among all the other minor plotlines like wtf is Koltira so it's going to be a tight squeeze.
    What? If OP can dig out that stupid list and try to pass it of as a source I'm entitled to bring up the "game will end at lvl 100" crap.

Deleted
    This is some old shit that has been scrapped long ago.

Not saying the the next expac might not be about the burning legion though.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Again A) his timetable is wrong and B) all these zones are existing Warcraft lore. It doesn't take a genius to figure out they'll make their way into WoW if the game goes long enough.
    Really Firelands, Deepholm, was in lore ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    Really Firelands, Deepholm, was in lore ?
    Yes.

Firelands - home of the fire elementals
    Deepholme - home of the earth elementals
    Skywall - home of the air elementals
    Abyssal Maw - home of the water elementals

This was known before cata.

Deleted
    It would actually be interesting to have a whole indoor zone as The Burning Citadel. All these outdoor ones became boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Yes.

Firelands - home of the fire elementals
    Deepholme - home of the earth elementals
    Skywall - home of the air elementals
    Abyssal Maw - home of the water elementals

This was known before cata.
    I need to go deeper then :P

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Except it's not. His "Maelstrom" expansion following WotLK contained literally zero of the zones contained in Cataclysm, the Cataclysm zones were part of the "Planes" set which had Pandaria, an entire continent, as a single leveling zone, and many more glaring inaccuracies. Face it, the guy took current info, and a bunch of random names from Warcraft lore, and posted it to get a rise, claiming it to be the "master list" posted by blues in 2004 just to troll people.
    Pretty much this. It's obvious that WoW is slowly visiting almost all the places in Warcraft lore (and why wouldn't it?), so you could just look up where we haven't gone yet, make a list out of it with levels, and ta-dah, apparently you're an insider. Nevermind the fact you only got the name of a few zones right, not the levels or even whether it's an open zone or instance.

Going by some people's logic, I guess anyone that thinks Argus, the Emerald Dream or some South Seas islands will be in the game at some point, are insiders.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kynthrus View Post
    Lol that list is so old
    Old indeed. From 2004. Someone claimed he faked the list in 2007. Waybackmachine showed the list is from 2004 though.

VERY accurate too, when it comes to the theme of the expansions. Not one single miss yet! According to it the next expansion is legion related. Let's see if it nails the last predicted expansion too! It got TBC, WOTLK, Cata and Panda expansion right. Doesn't seem so fake if the last one goes right too :P

Except they didn't anticipate Blizzard noticing after WOTLK that 10 levels per expansion is way too much and now the levels are just off. Zone ideas change too during development and many get scrapped entirely.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Deleted
    And here I thought we wouldn't see "The List" threads this year before Blizzcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Old indeed. From 2004. Someone claimed he faked the list in 2007. Waybackmachine showed the list is from 2004 though.

VERY accurate too, when it comes to the theme of the expansions. Not one single miss yet! According to it the next expansion is legion related. Let's see if it nails the last predicted expansion too! It got TBC, WOTLK, Cata and Panda expansion right. Doesn't seem so fake if the last one goes right too :P

Except they didn't anticipate Blizzard noticing after WOTLK that 10 levels per expansion is way too much and now the levels are just off. Zone ideas change too during development and many get scrapped entirely.
    No, no, and no. It is not from 2004. No record exists of it from 2004. None. Link me a source or stop perpetuating this nonsense.