Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7/13h is completly fine to go into a 12/13h guild.. Theres a lot of recruiters out there looking for exceptional players in bad guilds.

Deleted
    It's not an issue at all. You are not that behind, and like you said, there are many ways you can show you have what it takes. Especially a well written app and good logs would help a lot.

I am in a top 100 West guild, and just ~4 weeks ago the officers accepted an applicant with 4/13H experience. He passed his trial.

The only question is if you actually _want_ to go for it. 11/13 at this point is not that hardcore IMO, but still it would require a bit of time next patch and maybe a more ''serious'' attitude than you are used to in your current guild.

Thank you again to those that posted, and the recent posters. I've been encouraged by the responses and I've made a short list of guilds that I plan to apply to one at a time (I'm not a fan of the shotgun approach and I'm not in a particular hurry). I've got my first app in, to a top 50US 25m guild (longshot I'm sure! >.< ), and I am anxiously awaiting their reply! ^.^

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just ask that people understand how their class works and to understand how/why people that play the same class rank on a certain fight. I'm not asking them to repeat those results, but to understand how people get numbers they do is fairly important to me. Logs can be fairly useless if you don't know how to read them, and UH DKs linking me logs where they spread diseases to bats that are being kited are pretty worthless. As long as they can answer how someone achieved something I'm usually okay.

Progression doesn't automatically equal skill, but it does give fair evidence of what someone is able to complete. Honestly as bullshit as it is watching somebody do hexos in the brawlers guild and see how they move is probably a better test. Recruiting people who keyboard turn, backpedal incessantly or have to look at their bars constantly to maintain decent DPS is typically a no-go for me.

This game is about having a basic skill set, mostly in movement and being comfortable with your class. The other half is knowledge. You can work with people who have drastically lower progression as long as they have the basics under wraps.

Knowledge and skill are more important than experience. Gear and raid experience can be gained quickly, but outstanding players are few and far in-between.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neganova View Post
    Might as well as least apply. What's there to lose?
    This^

There is nothing wrong with trying.

Deleted
    Whilst you have the time to put in why not get a chance to play as well as you can. Your old guild will understand if they are limiting you, keep doing fun things with them and pop back when you don't have time for a hardcore head Ironically this time was prior to Wow for me, UT was my thing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasc View Post
    As a 11/13 guild we just took on a 2/13 trial and they have, so far, not been a disappointment!
    As a 8/13 hc guild i just took an 11/12 normal after seeing phenomonal logs

10+ Year Old Account
    You can always try, but you may end up not being able to come back if you leave your current guild.

Personally I threw out feelers months ago, found out I could pretty much get in anywhere I wanted, and ultimitly decided to stay with friends at 8/13 on my warrior.

At the end of the day, play for your own fun. but progression isn't always worth not playing with people you played with for years.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanEX View Post
    If he was only 1/13 I could accept the bit about his guildies. But they're 7/13. Which means that they're a decent chunk into the more challenging HCs. That takes a degree of dedication and preparation, and not just mindlessly throw themselves at a boss till it drops..
    u sure that it require putting their mind into it? we're 10/13 HC and there's only 4 of us (3 now 1 quit) that's reading up on bosses the rest just wanna get spoonfed and have their hands held through encounters. And it's not just my imagination because they are flaunting the fact they ain't reading up which pisses me off even more.

As someone who recruited for my guild, it will never be a waste of time to apply, we have taken people that had half or even less than half the heroics we have downed, and for the most part they managed to make the cut and to this day still raid with us. If you believe you are capable then go for it.

keep in mind the guild might be full of dicks too. and u might have a falling out anyway. i was in a 3/8 guild back in ds a long while ago then switched to an 6/8 but everyone there was a total dick so.. it didnt really work out. unfortunate but true.

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    keep in mind the guild might be full of dicks too. and u might have a falling out anyway. i was in a 3/8 guild back in ds a long while ago then switched to an 6/8 but everyone there was a total dick so.. it didnt really work out. unfortunate but true.
    were they dicks or did they just give criticism, a lot of people mistake people for being mean and critisism.

only reason I can see people being "dicks" in a raiding guild is if the person is holding them back, which in fact the person being bad would be the real dick.

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    Yeah, that's fair. In fact, I decided to not apply to one of the guilds I originally was considering, because after watching their streams for Lei Shen attempts, there was far too much screaming going on for it to be enjoyable. I don't mind constructive criticism at all, as I enjoy improving, but screaming seems a bit...counterproductive.

- - - Updated - - -

So, I just wanted to say thank you again to those that encouraged me to apply to a 13/13h guild, despite my lack of experience. I was accepted to the first guild I applied to (top 30 US, holla!) despite me thinking it was a total longshot. I am so excited, I can barely stand it. >.< Here's hoping this was the right choice to make. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by jetersky View Post
    Yeah, that's fair. In fact, I decided to not apply to one of the guilds I originally was considering, because after watching their streams for Lei Shen attempts, there was far too much screaming going on for it to be enjoyable. I don't mind constructive criticism at all, as I enjoy improving, but screaming seems a bit...counterproductive.

- - - Updated - - -

So, I just wanted to say thank you again to those that encouraged me to apply to a 13/13h guild, despite my lack of experience. I was accepted to the first guild I applied to (top 30 US, holla!) despite me thinking it was a total longshot. I am so excited, I can barely stand it. >.< Here's hoping this was the right choice to make. ^_^
    Ugh, I hate people like you. Your reason for wanting leave your current guild just sounds selfish as hell. I hope your new guild makes you feel alienated always. Also you leaving your current guild probably crippled them. If this was the movie "this is the end" you'd have fell in the hole

(Edit) nvm on the cripple part....reread the op and saw it was a 25m.....you still suck tho

Quote Originally Posted by hareu View Post
    were they dicks or did they just give criticism, a lot of people mistake people for being mean and critisism.

only reason I can see people being "dicks" in a raiding guild is if the person is holding them back, which in fact the person being bad would be the real dick.
    wasnt really criticism.. the guild i was in was in a 25m heroic guild clearing up to Warmaster.. and i had jus started heroic hagara on 10m. since my old guild stopped raiding i decided to xfer... this new guild had some 25m heroics on farm but always complained about the new recruits not doing enough dps to down the bosses when the new recruits were lacking gear. funny enough they didnt want to help people get gear just complain about them. for my current gear i was doing really well dps wise but they still had a garbage attitude so i left. at the time i was on my mage competing against heroic fire mages and still doing quite well for being undergear'd.

after i left the guild, a few weeks later the guild went under a few changes and reverted to a 10m heroic since most members had left for "other reasons" as well.

Quote Originally Posted by morph757 View Post
    Ugh, I hate people like you. Your reason for wanting leave your current guild just sounds selfish as hell. I hope your new guild makes you feel alienated always. Also you leaving your current guild probably crippled them. If this was the movie "this is the end" you'd have fell in the hole

(Edit) nvm on the cripple part....reread the op and saw it was a 25m.....you still suck tho
    Sigh. You're right, I should definitely shift my personal goals to match those of other people (i.e. my current guild) and continue playing in an environment that will eventually cause me to hate this game. But hey, thanks for the kind words and well wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by jetersky View Post
    I decided to not apply to one of the guilds I originally was considering, because after watching their streams for Lei Shen attempts, there was far too much screaming going on for it to be enjoyable. I don't mind constructive criticism at all, as I enjoy improving, but screaming seems a bit...counterproductive.
    To be fair Lei Shen can make even the jolliest guild turn on each other at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    To be fair Lei Shen can make even the jolliest guild turn on each other at times.
    Haha, I suppose that is true. I know my current guild was getting pretty snippy with each other after 100+ wipes to jin'rokh due to ionization durp, back in the day.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW has existed before 5.2 too, and I'm not sure I'd even want to be in someone's guild who thinks that progress in HC ToT is an absolute meter of individual raider's skill.