Page 1 of 2
LastLast

A look at Timeless Isle

I know we have some pictures of the Timeless Isle, but I headed on there and did some exploring. Not sure if people want to see it or not, so I figured, what the hell:

Can't tell if srs or not :P.

I tend to not edit my stuff so that people get a realistic version of what happens there. That includes my random death by Xuen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Already a thread on the timeless isle. Il watch it in a bit busy irl atm

Hm? I looked, I don't see one regarding like the actual look at the place, unless you're referring to the quasi-thread that the front-page is? Either way, *shrugs*

If this is violating the rules, the admins can feel free to lock the thread.

I just figured people would enjoy a video look at the place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well i cant find it now=/ but i swear i was just posting in it recently i think. Maybe im insane.

A really nice video, thanks for that!
    Looking forward to the next part

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Well i cant find it now=/ but i swear i was just posting in it recently i think. Maybe im insane.
    Its no worries at all!

Quote Originally Posted by Taller Ghost Walt View Post
    A really nice video, thanks for that!
    Looking forward to the next part
    Should be tomorrow.

- - - Updated - - -

Next look:

Pretty much everything on the Isle except for the area where I presume the World Boss is at.

Very nice, i think there will be plenty to do for a while on the Timeless Isle! And that totally rhymed.

Yup, I don't even feel like I really plumbed the depths of the island's secrets yet. I need to try a few other things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool, but i still expected more =/

Oh and i found the thread i was talking about http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...3#post21808753. turns out i made the thread, but forgot i made it O_o. Anyways its buried by now so no need to go back to that one i dont think.
    Last edited by Chickat; 2013-07-21 at 04:39 AM.

Nice! So are these mobs you are blitzing past really tough? If so, would you say this is made for people with a min of ToT LFR gear + the 522s from SPA?

Well I do solo one at the end of the second video with my Void Lord, but most of the elites hit for obscene amounts of damage (On me, as cloth). 150k+

As you can see, the mobs are also very tightly packed. I would guess that the majority of the Island is meant to be done with at least 2 people, if not a party. The rares probably require 3+ people.

I would have to say that the Timeless Isle is an odd choice for the hub for a final raiding patch in an expansion. It doesn't appear as if they are adding in any actual story elements, Legendary Quest aside. Personally I would have much more preferred an increased presence in Durotar or other areas on Azeroth. There should be some place where the story is advanced before you actually enter into the raid.

They could still add such things, but none of the MANY voice files already in the game refer to anything other than the Timeless Isle outside of the Raid. I'm kind of disappointed. I wanted the Rebellion and Alliance marching toward Durotar, and I wanted to be a part of it. I'm disappointed we seemingly just enter the portal in the Vale and end up amidst the invasion of Orgrimmar which already started (After the first four bosses of course).
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2013-07-21 at 05:11 AM.

You should get a view point from the birds, attack once and itll carry you.
    Which gets you to other rares + chests
    Also, the rope climbing

10+ Year Old Account
    That is awesome and everything man, but is there any changes to the map when you press M or its not part of Pandaria not just yet?
    For the Horde!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klaxxar View Post
    That is awesome and everything man, but is there any changes to the map when you press M or its not part of Pandaria not just yet?
    Yes, it's part of the map of Pandaria, and is located east of the Pearlfin village in the Jade Forest. As for the World Map, no it's not there yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DaHomieG View Post
    Yes, it's part of the map of Pandaria, and is located east of the Pearlfin village in the Jade Forest. As for the World Map, no it's not there yet.
    Yes I knew where its located, but didn't know yet if it was added to the main Azeroth map with Pandaria. I cant wait even to get into 5.4 when it released! SO DAMN EXCITED!
    For the Horde!

Deleted
    It IS added to the world map. I checked for exactly this yesterday.

Nice videos KrazyK, loved the commentary. At start of the first video I thought it was Crendor though I hope you're going to make other videos, I enjoy them

I can just imagine the biggest lagfest of pvp happening once this hits live on PvP realms, the island seems way too small

I'm tempted to watch but I really want to explore it on my own. First time in a while I haven't downloaded the PTR so I don't spoil too much for myself. Regardless, good on you to take the time to show it to people.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitorii View Post
    I can just imagine the biggest lagfest of pvp happening once this hits live on PvP realms, the island seems way too small
    Its bigger then the Isle of Quel'Danas. Id say its in between that and Isle of Thunder in size.