Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Deleted
    Would be funny if these were for the Blizzard store.

...Why did they completely change the axe?

Quote Originally Posted by Zodiark Son View Post
    Would be funny if these were for the Blizzard store.

Maybe they are random trash drops from Siege of Orgrimmar the same way the previously retired ZA/ZG weapons were brought back as green/uncommon trash drops on the Isle of Thunder.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    I think you are on to something, that makes really the most sense. I don't see why they would update the textures of old Horde pvp gear just for the fun of it, and since there are no alliance weapons in there, you are probably right.
    I wish they would do th same for the alliance weapons, it would pre proposterous if they didnt upgrade them aswell.

I think new ones don't look new enough texure wise compare to high quality texture of other weapon in pandaria.

Deleted
    Wow, they've actually managed to ruin them. Most of the 'updated' models look too old and damaged, while the older models look sharp.

And the yellow glow on the 2h axe makes no sense. Why is it there? Just to look fancy? Ridiculous.

Deleted
    Yeah the new dagger looks older than the old dagger.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Wow, they've actually managed to ruin them. Most of the 'updated' models look too old and damaged, while the older models look sharp.

And the yellow glow on the 2h axe makes no sense. Why is it there? Just to look fancy? Ridiculous.
    As far as I can see, the models didn't change at all... And as for "look old and damaged" - well, they are old and if they've been used for all the time, they would be a bit damaged by now, wouldn't they?

Wow. These items, particularly the shield and the bow, look absolutely amazing. I hope the Alliance items get the same love, I'd like to see their iterations as well!
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead, and that World of Warcraft died with him."

Deleted
    bow looks no different

Old 2h axe and 1h sword look better, rest was done perfectly imo. The 2h axe got changed completely and the 1h sword doesn have that cool light to dark gradient from tip to hilt anymore (the sword isn't that bad though).

Part of this irks me. The post-BC art team seem to have this philosophy that bladed weapons are absolutely not allowed to look shiny, sharp and clean. And what do you know, the new PvP axe looks duller and more worn out. Back when I was still playing and was looking for some good transmog weapons, I had a lot of trouble finding something I genuinely liked from the newer expansions. Now it seems even the classic weaponry is going to have conform to this "gritty" design.

Deleted
    Well I belive its obvious now that those are the models of the weapons that drop from Garrosh?

I like it. It's a step to bridging old WoW content with the new styles they have.

I just hope they go out on a limb and do this for Tier 1 and Tier 2 raid sets, with having the liberty of upping the polycounts to smooth out some of the rough edges.