Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    >noxxic

loled hard

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    So i'm thinking that proving grounds are going to provide a bump in demand for DMF trinkets?
    Not really, mostly everyone will use SPA trinket + something from heroic dungeons/non RPPM from SoO.

Dumping ~5k on a trinket just to have it downscaled to 463 when you can get something comparable for "free" (read heroics) seems stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Inthislzon View Post
    Not really, mostly everyone will use SPA trinket + something from heroic dungeons/non RPPM from SoO.

Dumping ~5k on a trinket just to have it downscaled to 463 when you can get something comparable for "free" (read heroics) seems stupid
    dmf are the BiS trinket @463 for dps classes as has already been proven with challenge modes. most pair with 522 valor trink but there are some other options. As far as increased demand there shouldnt be as like i just stated the dmf card has been the bis trink for challenge modes.

@ 463 there is absolutley nothing that can beat base stat+ base stat proc on icd (for dps classes)

I wouldn't choose Noxxic as the source of this information, while they're doing their best there are far better sites available.

The said, Proving Grounds are there to allow you to test and enhance your skills. Asking for them to be fairly balanced to the point where there is little / no challenge is against their very nature. Rather then complaining, prove you're worthy of that top rank, and overcome the problems you face. Play smart, utalise your toolkit a lot more then you have before.

I can't test if my spec/gems is optimal if it scales me down. Gear scaling affects stat priority and sometimes skill rotation as well. It also affects the viability of certain classes like fire mages and fury warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    I can't test if my spec/gems is optimal if it scales me down. Gear scaling affects stat priority and sometimes skill rotation as well. It also affects the viability of certain classes like fire mages and fury warriors.
    Proving Grounds are not there to test classes, but to test the individual player and their ability to play that class. Testing a new set up is not the intention of the Proving Grounds.

You certainly transition whatever setup you have with CMs into this, but it's still not something be taken that seriously, unless you're into endless, in which case it's a masochisitic experience. I saw a Mage get to wave 87 and he was spending an hour a half in there just to get to that point, and a lot of it was mindless afking between waves, can't start the new wave early.

DMF trinket is definitely worthwhile. Maybe the engineering helm too, saw some people use that.

no pug leader EVER will ask for endless 30 for invite.

..well let's hope that never happens.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathbyFrostBomb73 View Post
    no pug leader EVER will ask for endless 30 for invite.

..well let's hope that never happens.
    TBH a pug asking for endless 30 is a pug i don't want to be part of.

Asking for gold is fine, and nothing to be surprised about, but endless? no way.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Proving Grounds is primarily a place for players to practice playing a spec to gain basic proficiency without annoying too many other people in the process.

The fact that you can "score"/"medal" on it creates the secondary function of making it a competitive activity for the min-maxers. That's not its prime function, though, and if you have to reforge gear or whatever to "optimize" your play there, like you "optimize" everything else, well, that's a choice you have made.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post
    Proving Grounds are not there to test classes, but to test the individual player and their ability to play that class. Testing a new set up is not the intention of the Proving Grounds.
    From a Rogue PoV, I can hardly "prove" my ability to play my class if at 463 ilvl it's barely playable because of Energy starvation. The only spec that might not be horrible to play at that ilvl could be Subtely.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linneth View Post
    From a Rogue PoV, I can hardly "prove" my ability to play my class if at 463 ilvl it's barely playable because of Energy starvation. The only spec that might not be horrible to play at that ilvl could be Subtely.
    If you are geared 530+ now, you don't need to "prove" anything there.

You can go do it because you want the challenge, of course.

Rogue is perfectly playable at lower gear levels. You just mash the buttons slower is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Inthislzon View Post
    TBH a pug asking for endless 30 is a pug i don't want to be part of.

Asking for gold is fine, and nothing to be surprised about, but endless? no way.
    Why not? If I had the choice of taking wave 30 player over 12, I would do it.

Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    Why not? If I had the choice of taking wave 30 player over 12, I would do it.
    But would you ask for endless 30 for ALL players?

Ofc if 2 people answer at the same time i'd also take the wave 30 player. That's different than "link wave 30 achi or no invite"

Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post
    Don't various quests, solo challenges, 5-men allow that?

I mean, I don't want to derail this thread or something, but Proving Grounds was something more in my eyes before details were revealed. Instead of this scaled activity, which main purpose is to become one of points in pug making/raid recruitment, we could have some 5-men or some really interesting solo scenarios (if to take solo equivalent). Tutorial mode is something that most people just skip in most games whenever it is possible, and it usually takes place at the start of the game, not at max level.

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Then why were moonkins extremely good during MSV and HoF progress?
    Nature's Vigil 20%

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    Not to derail the thread, but I've seen a few people state this.. any particular reason why? I know some people swear by Noxxic as a good resource. Personally I prefer a combination of Icy Veins/EJ (when it's updated) and threads here and on the official forums, but I'm curious why Noxxic isn't considered a good resource. Not updated? Bad advice/priority? Incorrect DPS rankings?
    noxxic isn't horrible - there are only better resources.

I occasionally check wownoxxic regarding my alts etc but for my main and main alt i'd rather check other sites.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    Not to derail the thread, but I've seen a few people state this.. any particular reason why? I know some people swear by Noxxic as a good resource. Personally I prefer a combination of Icy Veins/EJ (when it's updated) and threads here and on the official forums, but I'm curious why Noxxic isn't considered a good resource. Not updated? Bad advice/priority? Incorrect DPS rankings?
    Pretty much all of these.
    The priorities are often missing crucial parts and sometimes just flat out wrong. In the beginning of MoP this was even more the case. They have since then been updated to include just as much as the in-game "core abilities" tab.
    The dps ranking are just wrong. Their sim-craft results are very old (and not optimised) and don't take into account stuff like the 100% crit trinket. Add onto that how even optimised simcraft does not mean anything. Noxxic shows it as if it were 100% correct.
    When I looked a few months ago at their Dps-rankings they actually had feral do less dps in higher ilvl. This has since then been fixed, but just shows the lack of effort that goes into the guides.

If you want to "learn your role" so ist on your current specs. If you want the achievement points, do it on the alt/spec you consider the easiest. People have to complain about really everything these days, geez.

Isn't the point of Proving Grounds to prove skill regardless of gear?