10+ Year Old Account

Glyph of Regrowth or not?

Since MoP ive been using the glyph of regrowth full time and i macro'd healing touch with Nature's Swiftness to be a 1 min cd burst heal. Other then once per min i don't use healing touch anymore. Regrowth costs roughly the same mana is faster and heals for as much or more. Is this okay to do, or am i doing something wrong?

You're doing it right

You can NS+RG too if you want. It heals for more outside of HT crit which is what like a 15% chance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, not really. The only time you don't want the Glyph of Regrowth is when/if you get 40% crit- possible right now, but not plausible. And even then, you would still use Regrowth over Healing Touch, especially with Natures Swiftness. (at 40% crit, you can remove the glyph for a 25% increase to Regrowth's total healing done).

So, yea. After a certain spirit level, you pretty much remove Nourish AND healing touch from your bars- its pretty low, about 6k or so spirit. Regrowth gives higher HPS all around due to its increased crit chance. Noncrit healing touch<Crit Regrowth<crit Healing Touch. Essentially, when you cast Healing Touch, you have a 75-85% chanc that you would have been better off casting Regrowth- and with healing you shouldn't gamble.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

The main reason not to take the glyph would be to aid spot-healing. Unglyphed, you can quickly Regrowth + Swiftmend someone in 1.5 seconds and top them up. Glyphed, you'll have to cast something else. But in most situations, the extra critical chance makes the glyphed RG better.

I don't use it simply because I prefer the Lifebloom, Wild Growth and Stampeding Roar glyphs

With higher gear levels you can use more personal choice. Since RG already has a higher crit chance & the glyph makes it a guaranteed crit it is a very strong choice. Back in MSV when you had to top multiple people up quickly, it was not really a choice. You either took it or took a serious risk of not being able to heal ppl up fast enough.

Now, not so big a deal at around 525ilvl+ but still if you are min/maxing, glyph of regrowth is the way to go 99% of the time. The 1% being gimick fights that you might need range on your roar etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    RG glyph is a priority for me, i always use it on every clearcasting proc, and i never run without it in PVP, hots alone cant keep people up
    i7 4770k 4.6GHZ................................................ ¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
    OCZ Arc 100 x2 (240g) RAID 0.........................°º¤ø„¸? Druid ,„ø¤º°¨
    Kingston HyperX 8 gig 2400.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨ For Life! 0¤ø„¸
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 OC.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸ ¨°º¤ø

Quote Originally Posted by Tricksterjim View Post
    With higher gear levels you can use more personal choice. Since RG already has a higher crit chance & the glyph makes it a guaranteed crit it is a very strong choice. Back in MSV when you had to top multiple people up quickly, it was not really a choice. You either took it or took a serious risk of not being able to heal ppl up fast enough.

Now, not so big a deal at around 525ilvl+ but still if you are min/maxing, glyph of regrowth is the way to go 99% of the time. The 1% being gimick fights that you might need range on your roar etc.
    1% might be exaggerating, but there are quite a few fights where roar is useful. As Natureseer mentioned, I go with stampeding roar as well just because I prefer having an aoe raid movement cd.
    Mew!

Yeah i opted for the Roar glyph as well. (Durumu, Ji Kun, Lei Shen its quite useful, marginally so on other fights)

Raid buffed, an unglyped regrowth has like a 75-80% chance to crit anyhow. I'd rather have the option of swiftmending from an RG hot and suffer the occaisional non crit RG's.

As for NS im a fan of NS+HT. A non crit HT will be almost as much as the crit RG, but that 15%ish chance to crit on HT makes for a big heal

I prefer unglyphed mainly so I have something to swiftmend off of durring ToL. Stampeding glyph is indeed nice to have too. As I see it, about 75% of the time it will hit for the same as glyphed and also have a HoT, so more healing and if it doesn't crit, it's still delivering a decent heal quickly so it still has the ability to "save lives." Glyphed may be more important in 10 man, I'm looking at this from a 25 man point of view. And yeah NS+RG is a bad idea if it's not glyphed but if you do want to roll the dice, NS does make the RG HoT longer lol. I personally roll the dice because I'm too lazy to put HT on a bind but I'm sure it's suboptimal ~20-30% of the time. Guess I need to bind HT again with the new set bonuses though. I did the math a while ago and don't have it in front of me but IIRC with decent crit (like 15% raid buffed), unglyphed RG averages out about the same to glyphed if you count the HoT portion and if you have the extra tick on RG, unglyphed pulls slightly ahead. Not that the HoT is perhaps worth considering but still sort of interesting.
    Last edited by Soraka; 2013-07-23 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Natureseer View Post
    I don't use it simply because I prefer the Lifebloom, Wild Growth and Stampeding Roar glyphs
    This. If my raid were better able to stack I'd forgo SR for Regrowth but as it is SR gives us some raid utility, especially when we usually only run 1-2 Druids in our 25.

Deleted
    Think the glyph is entirely optional to be honest. I use it 2 healing 10's because there is a good chance ny ooc procs are going on someone who needs it. I alternate out SR and WG because both are fight dependent in 10's. I tend to rg, rj, sm those in a bad way, lb, wg and a rejuv may well be running on them anyway. The hot portion SM is probably less important in 10's because of the number of rejuv's you have running.