Deleted

Rerolling Druid (Guardian), any pro tips or tricks?

Just lvlde my Druid to 90 but i really dont know what spec i should play.

What role do you like? melee? ranged? healer? tank? The title is misleading, as it suggests you want to tank but then you say you don't know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    judging 25man raiding by LFR standards saying it requires no coordination, is like saying 5mans require cheese sandwiches because i like turtles.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordaen View Post
    What role do you like? melee? ranged? healer? tank? The title is misleading, as it suggests you want to tank but then you say you don't know.
    This. What do you want to do exactly?

Guardian is a pretty simple tank spec

For an offspec i would recommend resto. Also pretty simple to play.

Then when you are familiar with the druid class, you can try the most complex dps specs in the game, balance and feral.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Guardian is a pretty simple tank spec

For an offspec i would recommend resto. Also pretty simple to play.

Then when you are familiar with the druid class, you can try the most complex dps specs in the game, balance and feral.
    Every tank spec is simple aside monks. In order to tank sufficiently there are other things involved, which unless you're familiar with the class and the tanking mechanics obviously, a new player can't handle it. Strongly disagree that resto is easy and that balance is hard. I'm obviously talking about playing the class seriously. If you're doing 50k hps or you consider resto healing as spamming rejuvenations, yeah then I suppose it's easy.

To the OP; If you want something easy, just to mess around with, go balance.It has 2 dots to keep up and other than 3 more spells. I'm obviously being simplistic. Watch some youtube videos, read and understand icy vein's balance guide and then practice for a bit on a dummy and you're good to go. Don't expect much of a dps though, as without gear (530ilvl+) all the dps suck, aside from the OP ( shamans, mages, warlocks) ones which can be decent even with a bit lower. Balance rules once you have the BiS trinkets, mainly, and then obviously comes the rest of the gear. If you want to ''challenge'' yourself, go feral which is by far the most demanding spec and needs a but load of micromanagement. Whichever spec you decide to play, read on it though and i also strongly suggest to download the ''Tell Me When'' add on, so as to monitor everything, from your procs to your cds.

Maybe I just don't know enough about other classes, but balance being one of the two most complicated dps speccs in the game seems... unlikely. If that's the case, I need to see exactly how brain dead easy all these other dps speccs are.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    Maybe I just don't know enough about other classes, but balance being one of the two most complicated dps speccs in the game seems... unlikely. If that's the case, I need to see exactly how brain dead easy all these other dps speccs are.
    Agreed. I have 9/11 max-lvled classes, played most of their specs and balance totally isn't "one of the most complex dps specs". Keeping up 2 dots and then spamming one spell depending on which energy you are building up + using ss proc w/e possible isn't complicated.

On the other hand balance has one of the most dps punishing mechanics, which is 15s NG and eclipse dmg boost. Executing it properly without staying out of eclipse for too long and also cycles not taking much more then 15s is indeed hard for new players rolling balance.

On original topic: Guardian is very fun to play, it has it's drawbacks in heroic progression guilds, but those don't matter that much if you want to have fun
    As an offspec would recommend balance>resto (not really feral cause of complexity). The reason for that is usually people expect you to have tank/dps setup or healer/dps setup. If you don't care about being tank/healer, then sure go for resto, otherwise be a boomie

Moonkin single target is pretty easy - other than the decision on when to refresh dots, there really isn't much more to think about. Planning for movement in the near future is pretty fun too - holding on to procs, moving when it's time to redot, or cast Starfall etc. but mostly it's pretty easy.

2,3,4 or multi target spread fights is when moonkin starts to get really really fun- in terms of decision making. Do you redot if add is not going to live the entire dot duration (sometimes it is worthwhile because of ss procs, sometimes it isn't.) do you double Dot or just eclipse dot - that answer depends on a variety of factors too - are you still able to get next eclipse in time (depends on haste levels). Do you refresh dots on certain impt procs etc ? Do you use your starsurge proc or dot ? do you save ur ss procs for predicted upcoming movement
    Or use it inmediately ? Lots and lots of on-the-fly decision making in multi target fights.

It's an amazing spec - really. I wouldn't call it terribly complex but I love the fact that you can always find ways to do a fight better.

Guardian on the other hand though - I'm sure you could find ways to go in depth in terms of tips and tricks but all I can think of is to save your t&c procs for good moments instead of blindly spamming it.

- - - Updated - - -

Moonkin single target is pretty easy - other than the decision on when to refresh dots, there really isn't much more to think about. Planning for movement in the near future is pretty fun too - holding on to procs, moving when it's time to redot, or cast Starfall etc. but mostly it's pretty easy.

2,3,4 or multi target spread fights is when moonkin starts to get really really fun- in terms of decision making. Do you redot if add is not going to live the entire dot duration (sometimes it is worthwhile because of ss procs, sometimes it isn't.) do you double Dot or just eclipse dot - that answer depends on a variety of factors too - are you still able to get next eclipse in time (depends on haste levels). Do you refresh dots on certain impt procs etc ? Do you use your starsurge proc or dot ? do you save ur ss procs for predicted upcoming movement
    Or use it inmediately ? Lots and lots of on-the-fly decision making in multi target fights.

It's an amazing spec - really. I wouldn't call it terribly complex but I love the fact that you can always find ways to do a fight better.

Guardian on the other hand though - I'm sure you could find ways to go in depth in terms of tips and tricks but all I can think of is to save your t&c procs for good moments instead of blindly spamming it.
    Mew!

Like the other leather tank, the Monk, Guardian Druids do good single-target damage even without high Vengeance, which is helpful for solo play. The rotation is simple and you can easily learn to do it blindly, without even looking at the bar. We bring useful buffs (+stats and +crit) and debuffs (Weakened Armor, Weakened Blows). We have a high Stamina modifier and extremely high armor ratings, which makes Druids more forgiving to play than other tanks, but we lack the emergency cooldowns and even the basic damage mitigation abilities that other tanks have. On the plus side, you don't get caught with your pants down because you forgot to keep up Shuffle or hit Shield of the Righteous at the right time; but on the other hand, you don't really have anything to compare with those active abilities. Savage Defense's benefit, while substantial, is subject to RNG, and Tooth & Claw is a little bit under-tuned. On the utility side, we can dispel curses and poisons, do some limited healing (and some very substantial raid healing with Heart of the Wild + Tranquility), sleep beasts/dragons, and resurrect in combat, but this all requires shifting out of Bear Form. (The talent that currently allows us to do an instant battle-res, Nature's Swiftness, is going away in 5.4.) Our self-healing ability is low, similar to Warriors.

In short, we're a solid tank that has some shortcomings, and has to make up for it by being predictable.
    Last edited by Tarazet; 2013-07-22 at 06:25 PM.