Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    "Hand of Adal" by fare.

Deleted
    I have titles that are technically more prestigious but those that mean something to me is Justicar and Bloodsail Admiral.

Scarab Lord is "soooo" special

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...scarab1tr2.jpg

EDIT: Removed picture and posted link, abit too big
    Last edited by mmocaf2cfee3ee; 2013-08-28 at 06:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    It's 3 people per realm, not cross realm zone, so it's now 156 people per realm per year.
    He's pretty correct The location is CRZ'd.. Means 3 ppl per week can get the win. They can be from 3 different realms tho...

Anyhow, in overall the tournament can be seen as being nerfed.
    Even with Kaluak Tournament removed, and with the addition of CRZ, the fact that you get the achievement now for a 3rd place as well, devalued the tournament.
    I too consider(ed) the Salty title as my most precious one. I've got it while it was still quite challenging to get it.
    And I got the Heirloom ring, when it was not a guaranteed reward. I believe it is nowadays.. not sure?
    Last edited by Wildtree; 2013-08-26 at 10:52 AM.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Well that might be because PvE & PvP titles tend to require a degree of skill, whereas those others are more about throwing time and patience at the matter. Anyone could go an get The Insane or Zookeeper (and I don't mean to diminish the accomplishments of those that have) but very, very few people could go and get Heroic / Gladiator Titles, while they're current anyway ....
    In all fairness, many of those pve and pvp titles can be got by "throwing time and patience at the matter" too. including ones that take skill. if you have a prominent pve or pvp title, i.e. realm first or gladiator, remember you did not do that on your own. You had friends or knew others who were willing to grind hard for progression. People who were both geared and knew what the hell they were doing. Even getting in that position for most people is tough, sometimes damn near impossible.

Hand of A'dal, Champion of the Naruu, The Immortal, Scarab Lord... I don't see these much. Wish I had em. I'm seeing Herald of The Titans more and more often.

I personally like: Guardian of Cenarius, Conqueror, the Camel-Hoarder, Battlemaster/Khan, Legionnaire/Centurion, Gorgeous, and Seeker of Knowledge.

Honorable mention: Gladiator, Warbringer, the Bloodthirsty, and the Insane.

- - - Updated - - -

the Beloved

- - - Updated - - -

I can understand making certain titles unobtainable, and i wish they would do it more often, but why nerf titles that are still obtainable??

I'll never understand this. Then again, looking at most other changes they've made to this game over the years, I guess they are just following suit?
    Last edited by Evelyn; 2013-09-10 at 04:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Flawless Victor... give it back now

Ambassador

I don't know why I like this more than any other and it is really common now, but I got it back when grinding runecloth for the gnome turn in was a real process and I really like it.

There should be a different "the insane" for those who did it pre-cata and a new title for 70 exalted.

I like my Insane title and Argent Defender

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Proxiz View Post
    Scarab Lord is "soooo" special

<big picture>
    Haha, this is exactly why I said I didn't consider it to be a prestigious title.
    Saving this picture, it's awesome.

my own personal are conqueror of naxxaramas or Death's demise or Celestial defender.
    I use the conqueror naxxaramas mostly on my main but the ulduar titles are more prestigous the raid itself was just awesome also imo.

Sergeant ( vanilla horde ) Knight Captain ( vanilla )

Quote Originally Posted by Raidbozz View Post
    Scarab Lord definitely the most rare and most prestigious of all the titles out there.
    Definitely this.....non-scumbag Rank 1 pvp titles are a very close second. But Scarab Lord indeed is the most prestigious.

Hand of A'dal.

Scarab Lord also but I heard many players got them by transfering to new realms during later expansions which is kinda sad. But there are also a few players who got the Hand of A'dal title later on when it was much easier because they were still on the quest after Blizzard made it unattainable.

Don't know of any others that are more prestigious.

Champion of the Naruu I guess...
    Last edited by Gilian; 2013-08-27 at 02:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by hoofy View Post
    Mine will have to be - the Undying back from when it was just T7, was a very good challenge.
    Immortal/Undying are the most prestigious in my mind. Those achievements were guild breakers during the early days of Wrath. Pretty sure those mounts and titles are among the rarest in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by wrynil View Post
    Salty, it just got a lovely sound to it, and it took alot of god damn boring fishing to get :P Totally worth it!
    At the beginning of WotLK I only needed to catch one rare fish. After around 15k fishes I gave up...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    Immortal/Undying are the most prestigious in my mind. Those achievements were guild breakers during the early days of Wrath. Pretty sure those mounts and titles are among the rarest in the game.
    A friend of mine, who is pretty bad at playing WoW, got it in a pug by luck.

If I remember correctly you could get those achievements one or two tiers later so I don't think those are the most prestigious. But still a good challenge and especially when it was current content.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    If I remember correctly you could get those achievements one or two tiers later so I don't think those are the most prestigious. But still a good challenge and especially when it was current content.
    You do not remember correctly.
    The immortal/undying titles were turned into Feats of Strength and the mount rewards for the respective meta achievements were removed with the launch of t8.

camel hoarder lol....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    You do not remember correctly.
    The immortal/undying titles were turned into Feats of Strength and the mount rewards for the respective meta achievements were removed with the launch of t8.
    Nope. Only mounts got removed at the start of T8. The achievements/titles remained till the very end of Wrath. Then you could just lolfaceroll them with smaller group (less risk of failure) fully decked in ICC gear.

Sure you could claim "I only consider the original ones with the mount", but exactly the same can be said about Herald of the Titans, Scarab Lord, Hand of A'dal, Champion of the Naaru, and many other.

The Argent Defender, on the other hand, is an example of a truly prestigious title without any conditions. You could not cheat it or make significantly easier by any way at any point of the expansion, and it got removed very quickly. And it was hard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fae View Post
    Nope. Only mounts got removed at the start of T8. The achievements/titles remained till the very end of Wrath. Then you could just lolfaceroll them with smaller group (less risk of failure) fully decked in ICC gear.
    You're right, doh. "Everyone" just stopped caring because the mounts got removed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    I have " the Undying" and never really used it, and tbh i don't remember it being particularly difficult to get. Naxx was a pretty easy raid after all.