Thread: Mogu runes

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I hate the bonus roll system. Something about i do not like. I have to spend time in game doing dailies or something that i would rather not do to get coins.

What they really need to do is make 10 man drop 3 pieces. We are going on months of clearing Throne now and still no tanking shield. Even blowing my coins every time.

quick question any1 know if say i go toes normal for acheives and dump elder charms there dose it affect my loot chance the next time i use a rune in tot?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    quick question any1 know if say i go toes normal for acheives and dump elder charms there dose it affect my loot chance the next time i use a rune in tot?
    Been wondering the same for months.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    I call BS on added bonus protection. I still get gold on my bonus rolls...My luck can't be that bad.
    I 100% agree- I have written so many tickets asking for this to be explained only to get generic replies and no actual info

I have used 27 coins in a row without winning a single item- That is correct not one single item, so I did a little maths here

If you give 5% extra chance to loot based on using a coin which accumulates per coin- after 20 coins that reaches 100% chance to loot an item on next coin
    I didn't think 5% was too high but obviously is it lower as I have used 27 with zip drops.
    In fact it must be lower than 3.5% chance to win if I am to win on my 28th coin used- Those percentages suck. period.

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    It's not per boss, it's per coin. Confirmed by blue post.

If you use a roll on Ra-Den, get gold, and then use a coin on, say, Horridon or Dark Animus and get loot, your streak protection resets.
    Damm that sucks.

Is the streak protection with Mogu runs linked with Elder Coins? Like you purposely go through older LFR and use coin and get gold. Then proceed to use Mogu runes, will the streak protection kick in?

I swear something is up with the streak protection. After it went live, up until maybe a couple weeks ago, I never went more than 2 rolls without getting something. Got something on the 2nd or 3rd roll every time.

Now, I'm at about 7 rolls without getting anything.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Talyria View Post
    Did they alreadly tell us about the runes in 5.4? My hopes are still up that they just take them out
    Mogu Runes will be purchasable for 2500 Timeless Coins.
    They are not being removed.

Personally I would hope that Mogu Runes remain the bonus roll currency for the current tier, and come 5.4 that Elder Charms are used on anything before that.

Quote Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
    Is the streak protection with Mogu runs linked with Elder Coins? Like you purposely go through older LFR and use coin and get gold. Then proceed to use Mogu runes, will the streak protection kick in?
    Given what I say above, I would hope that they are separate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I swear something is up with the streak protection. After it went live, up until maybe a couple weeks ago, I never went more than 2 rolls without getting something. Got something on the 2nd or 3rd roll every time.

Now, I'm at about 7 rolls without getting anything.
    RNG.
    An increased chance, the amount of which has not been stated.
    Bad luck can still happen.
    If the increased chance was so huge, then there would be little point in the system in the first place and would be better served with a higher loot rate.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2013-07-23 at 02:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Out of my current worn gear... I got these from bonus rolls:
    - Heroic TF trinket
    - normal trinket
    - Heroic wep
    - normal wep
    - Heroic boots
    - Heroic ring

While I can't complain, it doesn't stop me from rolling gold every single week on Ji-Kun just to get a cloak the week after I get my 600 cloak instead of the belt I wanted.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    While I can't complain, it doesn't stop me from rolling gold every single week on Ji-Kun just to get a cloak the week after I get my 600 cloak instead of the belt I wanted.
    Ill trade one of my 3 left over belts after i got it the first time -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
    Intuitively, I'd say no... but then you have people saying that they've used 27 coins and gotten nothing... and that leads me to believe that they are linked and that those people are winning loot with Elder Charms and resetting their streak protection.

Personally, I don't believe anyone who says they've gone 27 mogu runes without loot, but if it's true, that's the only reasonable answer (that Elder Charms and Mogu Runes share streak protection).
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

My experiences would suggest that you have one total "streak protection" that applies to all your bonus rolls regardless of which coin is used.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeire View Post
    If you give 5% extra chance to loot based on using a coin which accumulates per coin- after 20 coins that reaches 100% chance to loot an item on next coin
    I didn't think 5% was too high but obviously is it lower as I have used 27 with zip drops.
    In fact it must be lower than 3.5% chance to win if I am to win on my 28th coin used- Those percentages suck. period.
    It's probably considerably lower, maybe like 1% increase. Or maybe it underlies some kind of diminishing return like, first increase is by 10% and every subsequent increase is half of the previous one. Either way, my guess is that you'll still be far away from 100% even after weeks of gold. You'll probably win an item first and start anew.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kao View Post
    It's probably considerably lower, maybe like 1% increase. Or maybe it underlies some kind of diminishing return like, first increase is by 10% and every subsequent increase is half of the previous one. Either way, my guess is that you'll still be far away from 100% even after weeks of gold. You'll probably win an item first and start anew.
    has to be more that 1%

on my main i only use the runes i dropped them on bosses i needed upgrades from every 4th rune i dropped the box showing the roll didnt roll i automaticly was given loot so id say that its like a 15-20% chance per fail but im starting to think that the luck is shared betweenm coins

Yeah, I'm going to stop coining Galleon for that .01% chance at a mount until I hear otherwise

Deleted
    I have used 27 coins in a row without winning a single item- That is correct not one single item, so I did a little maths here
    I think the coin system is just retarded and should be removed. It's way too RNG to be in any way fair and also messes up with a lot of guilds loot distribution systems. Last tier I think I got about 8 heroic items, including the bis weapon, with coins. This tier I've used something like 33 coins after coming back from a break and got 2 items (2x the same non-thunderforged trinket) so far. If the answer is "It's RNG and RNG evens out in the long run", my reply is that the long run it takes to even out to the same result for everyone might be as long as an expansion or two, so it's not exactly the system we should have. Personally after coining Ra-Den 8 times and only getting gold I've completely given up on those things doing anything at all, and the only reason I'm continuing it is because I have 2000 or so lesser charms banked.
    Last edited by mmoc92c203c636; 2013-07-24 at 04:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kensai666 View Post
    I think the coin system is just retarded and should be removed. It's way too RNG to be in any way fair and also messes up with a lot of guilds loot distribution systems. Last tier I think I got about 8 heroic items, including the bis weapon, with coins. This tier I've used something like 33 coins after coming back from a break and got 2 items (2x the same non-thunderforged trinket) so far. If the answer is "It's RNG and RNG evens out in the long run", my reply is that the long run it takes to even out to the same result for everyone might be as long as an expansion or two, so it's not exactly the system we should have. Personally after coining Ra-Den 8 times and only getting gold I've completely given up on those things doing anything at all, and the only reason I'm continuing it is because I have 2000 or so lesser charms banked.
    So, your bad luck = the system sucks?

I've gotten at least 5 pieces that I could use from coin rolls this tier... I'd like them to keep it, please.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    So, your bad luck = the system sucks?

I've gotten at least 5 pieces that I could use from coin rolls this tier... I'd like them to keep it, please.
    Yes? Is there any other way to understand it? If I'm getting bad luck like this, I'm sure hundreds of others around the world have similarly varying results. When some people get 10 items during 4 weeks with coins, and some 0 items in 8 weeks, I can't see why the system can't be altered to have a less variance. Do you understand what variance means? Some RNG is acceptable so everything isn't 100% predictable but if you can go an entire tier and get a dozen times less bonus loot than someone else the system can't be called anything else except a lottery, and I fail to see why the game needs one since it never had one before MoP.

Do you know what RNG mean? Especially this part with word RANDOM It's not any pattern it's totally random. Don't blame system for your bad luck. I don't blame I'm just unlucky ;(

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    You know what's gonna happen... you built up this "luck" streak on missed rolls... and when you finally get something ... UGH ...it will be something you have or don't want
    Any time it's possible to get PVP gear, that's how it double screws me. Something I dont' want and will never use, *and* it burns my built-up luck.