Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgoblin View Post
    I understand some people want High Elves, but let's be realistic... it's not gonna happen. There are far too many other (and more interesting) races that people want playable.

If High Elves are ever made playable, I expect them to really differentiate them from Blood Elves. Adding BE's with blue eyes is not a compelling addition to the game, and Blizz isn't gonna half-ass a new playable race.
    Blizzard will do what they want if high elves are popular enough it will happen.

- - - Updated - - -

You High Elf fans are insane! I can't believe you actually think that it's not only possible, but probable HE's will be the next Alliance race. There is a very small amount of people who want HE's. There would be an outrage if High Elves were the next new race. Most people are perfectly happy with each side having an elf race. NO MORE ELVES!
    I think high elves should just be an extra skin. I would be pissed if they were the next race its fills like such a waste.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

Quote Originally Posted by hitmannoob View Post
    Blizzard will do what they want if high elves are popular enough it will happen.
    That's the thing... they're not popular. There's a very small minority of people who want them as a playable race. That small minority just happens to constantly make threads about High Elves.

That's the thing... they're not popular. There's a very small minority of people who want them as a playable race. That small minority just happens to constantly make threads about High Elves.
    A small minority make threads about wanting x races as well. At the end of the day blizzard will do what is most popular. They will even completely ignore lore to get what they want in game nothing is guaranteed because you don't like it. High elves might actually happen, I would be pissed but its possible.

2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

I think high elves should just be an extra skin. I would be pissed if they were the next race its fills like such a waste.
    Actually I agree with this. But I want it for other races too. Mag'har orcs, Broken Draenei, Taunka, etc.

15+ Year Old Account
    No new race would be my choice
    http://www.twitch.tv/cheezy_123
    14/14H SoO <Divinity>

Actually I agree with this. But I want it for other races too. Mag'har orcs, Broken Draenei, Taunka, etc.
    Same but I am afraid we will have to buy the in the cash shop and that is when i quit this game.

- - - Updated - - -

Before I forget, I want the female and male humanoid Aquir. Emperor Vek'lor for the male model and Battleguard Sartura as the female version of their race. I just want something different. Mantid would be nice as well and they wouldn't even need a female version.

What's your source on this?

Personally I'd like to see High Elves and Eredar but I don't think we will be seeing any new races next expac.

Naga, Ethereals, Mantid, Nerubian.

Actually, anything so long as it isn't a copy race.

High Elves would be slightly recolored Blood Elves, so an obvious no.

Furbolgs would be too similar to Pandaren.

Why do people always want things we already have but with another colour? What happened to asking for diversity? It's the strange stuff that is most intriguing imo. Like Nerubians. They could obviously find a way to have them mounted and give them armor, but it's a blockade. That makes it a lot more interesting. I'm gonna say they'd fit as a neutral race OR alliance race. Maybe alliance equivalent of the mantid?

Mantid are super awesome, in my opinion. Especially after reading the preview of the Death From Above story. They're not likely to have any light shed on them past MoP, but if I could choose, I'd easily choose Mantid as a new playable race. With a racial flying spell: their wings. While I'm a huge fan of Mantid over Nerubians, even, and I'm Alliance -- I'm gonna say they'd fit as a neutral race OR

Naga win a lot of polls, and we have to return to the Queen Azshara plot soon. Good fit for the next expansion or the expansion thereafter. (depending on whether the Naga or Legion expansion is first. I'm betting on Naga before Legion.) Neutral faction of naga aiding the Horde and Alliance.

Ethereals: Sci-fi space mummies with a lot of potential. Could be neutral or alliance (because Horde already has goblins who are also about money)

Ogre's for Horde
    Racial: Two heads are better than one: Your "Other" head will allow you to Mount, Eat or Drink while in Motion.

Naga for Alliance:
    Racial: Azshara's Gift: Will walk on two legs and appear as a High Elf, however if exposed to water will revert back into a Naga and gain 100% swim speed.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is no good option for the next Alliance race.

So I'm willing to bet it's High Elf just because it's the last race that makes sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lastlivingsoul View Post
    Ogre's for Horde
    Racial: Two heads are better than one: Your "Other" head will allow you to Mount, Eat or Drink while in Motion.

Naga for Alliance:
    Racial: Azshara's Gift: Will walk on two legs and appear as a High Elf, however if exposed to water will revert back into a Naga.
    Fixed it. The racial would be better served working like the Two Forms of Worgen, so they can mount without needing any strange contraptions.

Roll the swim speed into a different racial.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Screw new races.

What would be awesome is having different types of the same race. Let me explain.

Dwarves have several clans and each have their own unique feature. Dark Irons are, well, dark and have red eyes. Wildhammers have those tattoos and according to lore, are taller. Bronzebeards are the ones we actually play.

Humans also are different, each kingdom was a different nation, like the Gilneans. Imagine being able to create a human but with a different model? you could pick from a Gilnean, Stormwind or any other.

Orcs have different types as well. You have the original orcs (brown), the normal orcs (green), even the fel orcs (although those are not very lore-friendly to join the horde).

Trolls are pretty obvious. Frost Trolls, Jungle Trolls, Sand Trolls, etc.

My point is, I'd very much prefer to have different models of the current races based on different cultures within the races, than having a new one and let the old ones rotting.

ps: Undeads need to get other races models. I'm tired of seeing only humans undeads. should be like DKs, if you pick the undead as your character race, you can pick a different model for it

ps3: for taurens, imagine being able to choose from Taunka and Yaungol! that would be neat!

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    There is no good option for the next Alliance race.

So I'm willing to bet it's High Elf just because it's the last race that makes sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Fixed it. The racial would be better served working like the Two Forms of Worgen, so they can mount without needing any strange contraptions.

Roll the swim speed into a different racial.

Blizzard has shown that that is no hindrance with the worgen. Really, if they make High Elves the new race, i'll be pretty pissed. No fan base justifies filling a pretty rare 'player race' spot with a recolored Horde race.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    While the Horde's next new race is pretty much a no-brainer- The Ogres
    I don't see how you could possibly know that.

Also I would argue against high elves because, again, exact same as blood elves.

We could allways say the Half-orcs on horde side were pretty much banished from the horde in Garrosh's rule because they were "impure orcs". I mean Garrosh is racist and hates humans so it comes naturally.
    All 5 of them? Making half orcs a race makes about as much sense as making the Windrunner family a race. There aren't that many of them...

We could allways say the Half-orcs on horde side were pretty much banished from the horde in Garrosh's rule because they were "impure orcs". I mean Garrosh is racist and hates humans so it comes naturally.
    Hates humans? rofl
    Hates everything that isn't an orc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Naga have no legs, so they cant wear boots. Also they are aquatic race.
    Ethreals and Arrakoa are not from Azeroth, plus i remember slaying a lot of them with my alliance toon.
    Actually Naga are - ophidian humanoids - and can Breath out of the water so they are more like a Amphibian Race.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryve View Post
    All 5 of them? Making half orcs a race makes about as much sense as making the Windrunner family a race. There aren't that many of them...
    This too, but then again... orcs with free pvp trinket? they wouldnt need more than 5!

- - - Updated - - -

Naga have no legs, so they cant wear boots.
    Bad argument, trolls dont wear boots
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

+1 for furblog
    They are so cute and cool.

Possibly being saved for blizz store skins?

I feel like furbolgs for the most part tend to stay neutral or are hostile because they've been driven insane or something, but furbolgs would be a super rad race.