Thread: solo ragnaros?

solo ragnaros?

Is it possible to solo normal firelands raganros as any mage spec?

as a mage i kinda doubt it, but i could be wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

Yeah I'm assuming it's impossible since he has 50m health, but I wasn't sure if you can take the hits and tank it for a decent amount or there was some unusual way (or glitchy way) to kill.

I think I could do it. Saved this week, will try next week and update.

How much of Firelands is solo-able? It would be nice to farm up some Cinders without having to put a group together.

Alysrazor is probably solo-able as a Fire Mage, perhaps even on Heroic; take Temporal Shield for the heavy damage eruptions in the flying phase and try to nuke her down before phase 2.

Quote Originally Posted by TacTican View Post
    Alysrazor is probably solo-able as a Fire Mage, perhaps even on Heroic; take Temporal Shield for the heavy damage eruptions in the flying phase and try to nuke her down before phase 2.
    Don't need TS, Ice Barrier will suffice.

In 10M normal you can kill her before she even leaves the air.

Quote Originally Posted by TacTican View Post
    Well she was soloable last expansion so I assume she still is now :P the trash was the only thing that used to make her hard to solo.

I am sure a few more are soloable now, I have two manned H shan with a blood dk and I am sure you could solo him on normal, raggy would be a different story though, with 0 self healing that dbuff would eventually get to be too much to handle, but you could easily cheese transitions with ice block letting every son hit, the issue is getting there

You can also take stacks from Alysrazor and nuke down Shannox quick, and there was a mage that said he have tried Lord Rhyolith but had to be on the legs all the time to make him turn and didn't have time for the adds, but this was in the beginning of mop so it might be easier now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alysrazor is do-able since you take no dmg. The trash in that place rapes me. I die to alysrazor trash more than the boss...Maybe next expansion for sure though. We'll be able to burst ragnaros down quickly.

10+ Year Old Account
    the trash is incredibly easy when you do it correctly. take ice barrier, ice ward, and cold snap. get ice barrier and ice ward up, then evocate for invoker's energy and run into the two humanoid mobs in the center. counter spell one of them so it runs near the other, and use dragon's breath on both of them to stop their casting. as the disoriented effect is wearing off, use mirror images and run away a bit so the birds' attack doesn't hit you, while running away and pom pyro one and inferno blast to spread the dots and let the big birds assist you in killing them. blink out of the stun if you get hit. you can even just sit in an ice block on top of them and let the birds kill them if you want to be lazy, but i save both ice blocks for the eggs. reapply ice barrier and run to the egg pile, frost nova and ice ward should be enough to keep the tiny birds off you while you kite the big birds attack over the eggs and tiny birds while also attacking it with mage bomb/scorch/pyro! but again you can be lazy and just sit in an iceblock on top of the eggs. rinse and repeat for the second set of eggs. then simply kite the birds attacks onto themselves while attacking them as well and it is gg.

i like how a legitimate question about soloing rag turned into discussion of weather or not alysrazor is possible to solo as a fire mage, a boss that mages have been soloing since lvl 85

as for rag, id say at 15m health per phase, you could just nuke phase 1 before dying, image tank etc, then during transition #1 you could let several hit and immune it, or kill the majority of them by simply multidotting NT or 1 shotting.

phase 2 you would most likely die from not being able to heal the damage, however i would reccomend keeping 1 of the sons of flame at low health for ~40 seconds, then killing it, this would allow combustion to come back off cooldown, then you would at least have combust again coming back into phase 2

phase 2 mehcnaics itsself would be easily survivable however, the damage alone from boss would most liekly kill you, assuming in 10n hes doing about 70-100k per attack on you. if you did have the gear to get to transition 2, you could probably kill 1 scion quickly, imune the explosions of the sons hitting hammer with block, keep that 1 alive at low health, kite or nuke down the other son, then enter phase 3. this just seems rough tho since once again the phsae 3 mechanics would be easy to survive but the boss dmg would kill you.

some chances youd have are relying on the fact that a phase change can take 10 seconsd and dots roll over, so even tho p1 is at 70% with a massive burst you could have him re-surface at 55% health possibly. same with entering phase 3 but to a lesser extent, maybe 30-35% health entering phase 3 (so 20-25% left) 3 minutse would be back up for phase 3 if you stalled both transitions by 40s, then anotehr alter time burst would just maybe maybe be enough

im gonna say its very very difficult and youd want 540+ for sure to attempt it, maybe 550+, but i wouldnt say its impossible

would be possible in tier 16 BiS for sure jsut thru sheer burst/dmg carrying you