Need some help/advice

Hi guys my name is adohokanda a hunter on the server argent dawn, I haven't been raiding mop much due to time constraints but will be coming back soon , and was wondering if anyone could give me any advice, I know I way behind most players at this time , thus will have a lot of cathing up to do before I can join a raiding guild, my ultimate goal is to casually raid, any advice would be helpful. This is my armory link http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hokanda/simple,
    thanking you in advance

Deleted
    For a new player i really advice you to use http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear for enchanting/reforging and gemming.
    Direct link to your profile. Just click on optimize.
    http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/e...awn/adohokanda

If you want to do the most DPS right now BM is the way to go. This spec is what i use and is really the best choice for all single target raid encounters.
    http://www.wowhead.com/talent#hVI|VqoMVk
    They are a few bosses where you should change the 90 and 60 talent to barrage/Fervor for AoE purpose (LFR Horridon,Council of Elders,Tortos and Dark Animus).

If you really want to learn the spec i advice you to read http://www.icy-veins.com/beast-maste...owns-abilities
    or just use an addon what tells you what would be the best ability to press next. But it won't tell you when to use your cooldowns right.
    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/bitt...llflash-hunter
    Last edited by mmoccb5d5773b1; 2013-07-22 at 12:06 PM.

Deleted
    Don't use askmrrobot, it gives awful advice regarding reforges.

Icy-veins may not be perfect in itself, but it is much more reliable than AMrR.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oumi View Post
    Don't use askmrrobot, it gives awful advice regarding reforges.

Icy-veins may not be perfect in itself, but it is much more reliable than AMrR.
    What "awful" advice does it give him? They really improved and if it still gives you the wrong advice you just don't know how to set it up.
    Last edited by mmoccb5d5773b1; 2013-07-22 at 12:30 PM.

@Fatal-
    How this guy might now how to setup askmrrobot? It's crap. The only benefit of this site is calculate how to reforge but ONLY when you exactly know stat weigths. I prefer for this "reforge lite" in-game addon.

In general play BM or SV. BM is still superior in most fights.
    Stat prio:
    1. Low gear hit/exp > crit > mastery = haste
    2. Gear wit RPPM items (trinkest [except VP trink], set items and meta gem) go hit/exp > haste > crit > mastery

Askmrrobot is no different than any other reforge calc. You give it the wrong inputs it gives you the wrong outputs.

How does needing to know stat weights differ it from Reforge lite? You need to know stat weights for that too. It has defaults, just like AMR has defaults, doesn't mean they're always right, or what you're using individually. Changing them takes 10 seconds with either option.

It's time for everyone to get off the AMR is crap bandwagon and think and understand things for yourselves.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

Deleted
    AMR thinks that being under the hit and exp caps is ok.

Nuff said.

Nuff said.
    Have you ever tried, I don't know, setting it to force hit/exp caps? Because then it will.

AMR is only as smart as the person using it.
    Last edited by Belloc; 2013-07-22 at 04:40 PM.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Nuff said.
    If you understand how stat weights actually work, and the differences between being say .1% under the cap and 1% over the cap, then you would understand that yes, it is in fact okay.

But yes, should you want to deliberately sub-optimally reforge, AMR has a setting to force caps, as mentioned.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dzidek View Post
    @Fatal-
    How this guy might now how to setup askmrrobot? It's crap. The only benefit of this site is calculate how to reforge but ONLY when you exactly know stat weigths. I prefer for this "reforge lite" in-game addon.

In general play BM or SV. BM is still superior in most fights.
    Stat prio:
    1. Low gear hit/exp > crit > mastery = haste
    2. Gear wit RPPM items (trinkest [except VP trink], set items and meta gem) go hit/exp > haste > crit > mastery
    You don't know what you are talking about. You don't really have to set it up anymore most of the times.http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/e...awn/adohokanda
    Tell me what wrong advise you see.

10+ Year Old Account
    AMR is fine, so is Reforge Lite (ingame addon). They give very much the same results on reforges when using their defaults. The bigger point here is twofold - first, that you can materially improve your stats by reforging with the right stat weights (even defaults) and second, that for a casual raider ekeing out the last 1% of perfect reforges doesn't matter. It really doesn't. I've use Reforge Light all xpac because it will apply the reforges easily for me, making it no hassle to reforge as I get upgrades and you know what? It's fine. Yes, for heroic guilds you should download Simcraft, get personal stat weights and tune it up a bit more but RL (or AMR) will get you very close to those optimal values out of the gate. Start there. Get more gear, learn your rotations/priorities, get experience. Most of all, HAVE FUN.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    If you understand how stat weights actually work, and the differences between being say .1% under the cap and 1% over the cap, then you would understand that yes, it is in fact okay.

But yes, should you want to deliberately sub-optimally reforge, AMR has a setting to force caps, as mentioned.
    This. Anyone knows that in the end it is about total dps output. Being a minimal amount under the cap (~0.1%) is such a marginal and negatable loss of dps, which is compensated by reaching higher values in secondary stats, which in comparison yield a greater DPS increase than that 0.1% hit would, especially since every point that exceeds the Cap is wasted dps, as it normally comes at the cost of another secondary stat while yielding literally no additional benefit.

For some actual number crunching, AMR puts me at the following hit and expertise values:

Hit 7.42%
    Expertise 7.38%

These values are 0.08% and 0.12% below the hit cap respectively. However, in return I gain the following values in secondary stats and primary stats:

Crit +0.65%
    Haste +0.40%

Multiplying these values by their respective stats weight shows you the actual weight of the stat gains/defecits.

0.08 * 2.86 = 0.2288
    0.12 * 2.86 = 0.3432

0.65 * 1.26 = 0.5159
    0.40 * 1.2 = 0.48

Now if you take the difference: (0.5159+0,48)-(0.3432+0.2288)= +0.4239

This shows that the missing hit is MORE than compensated through the increase in Crit and Haste. Additionally, by not having to gem towards Hit to reach the cap, I can gem straight AGI and gain another 132 AGI.

I know I should calculate this with actual points and not percentages, but I couldn't be assed converting them so it will have to do.
    Last edited by Inval1d; 2013-07-22 at 07:38 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    AMR is fine, so is Reforge Lite (ingame addon). They give very much the same results on reforges when using their defaults. The bigger point here is twofold - first, that you can materially improve your stats by reforging with the right stat weights (even defaults) and second, that for a casual raider ekeing out the last 1% of perfect reforges doesn't matter. It really doesn't. I've use Reforge Light all xpac because it will apply the reforges easily for me, making it no hassle to reforge as I get upgrades and you know what? It's fine. Yes, for heroic guilds you should download Simcraft, get personal stat weights and tune it up a bit more but RL (or AMR) will get you very close to those optimal values out of the gate. Start there. Get more gear, learn your rotations/priorities, get experience. Most of all, HAVE FUN.
    ReforgeLite can't tell you the best enchants or gems so AMR is still superior.
    You don't need SimultationCraft any more as hunter for reforges because you get the exact same result with the RPPM option in AMR.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal- View Post
    ReforgeLite can't tell you the best enchants or gems so AMR is still superior.
    You don't need SimultationCraft any more as hunter for reforges because you get the exact same result with the RPPM option in AMR.
    idk AMR was telling me to gem haste/hit on my raden ring. quite funny tbh. it was also telling me that losing 500 agi was way better than gaining some master and haste.

haste is a tricky stat, is all im going to say, isnt new that sims/spreedsheets overvalue haste and sometimes those conditions do not add anything.

It sounds like you had agi valued at less than 2x the value of haste, otherwise it would never suggest that gem for a blue socket (unless you set a haste breakpoint or something weird). It looked at that socket and it's options (amongst others) were agi/hit, and haste/hit, and it chose 160 haste over 80 agi. Again... it's a calculator, and if you don't understand how the weights work it's going to give you the wrong results. If a spreadsheet or sim is overvaluing haste and giving you an inflated weight, it's up to you to understand where it actually needs to be, you can't put it into AMR and expect it to just cut it down for you.
    Last edited by Spiralphoenix; 2013-07-23 at 11:01 AM.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter