... LastLast

I can't break 2k in 2s. Guess why.

I've played the following comps

Rdruid/Warr
    Rdruid/DK
    Rdruid/Hunter
    Rdruid/Rogue
    Rsham/DK

And we beat EVERYTHING but when we hit 1900mmr, we get more disc/hunter than anything else so it outweighs the rating changes and keeps us stuck at 1900. We can beat 1800 disc/hunter, just not 1900 disc/hunter :| they seem to play much more effectively. Tips apart from rerolling? Any unknown godly comps out there that can beat it? I've honestly been considering Rdruid/Feral or Hpala/Boomkin.

edit: me and the warrior are trying again soon, we've been close to beating these god tier hunter/disc teams so we'll gonna have another go. We also met Archpriest & Lyriat who are rank 3 on our 2s ladder atm, they crushed us as Disc/Hunter so we know we're not getting above 2.3k :d
    Last edited by Sevaara; 2013-07-22 at 02:37 PM.

don't play rsham / dk, rsham isn't good in 2s at 2k+ mmr.

once you get disc hunter at high ratings, you can't kill the pet, there is too much cc and the hunter will always get the res off. in all honesty as a DK, I just kill the disc, most of the time they can't survive through all of your cooldowns if you run double dps trinkets. on my hunter, you have to kill the dps, you don't have the damage to kill a healer by yourself.

Run Rdruid/Ele and hope that your ele gets back to back Lava Surge procs and those procs proc Lava Bursts via mastery or talent.

In other words pray to the RNG gods that your broken class beats their broken class.

Seriously though your best bet is probably Rdruid/Mage or Rdruid/Hunter. DK might be ok but hunter has more than enough peels for him especially in the way of undispellable webs (priest too if Void Tendrils, which they probably will be vs DK). I usually play with a mage friend on my disc and my lock, and if you can just follow up his CC with something, it's usually more than enough to force cooldowns either in way of a trinket or defensives. A good mage will also be able to eat a good chunk of your traps, so there's that.

Good luckkkkk

Quote Originally Posted by Kalysun View Post
    Run Rdruid/Ele and hope that your ele gets back to back Lava Surge procs and those procs proc Lava Bursts via mastery or talent.

In other words pray to the RNG gods that your broken class beats their broken class.

Seriously though your best bet is probably Rdruid/Mage or Rdruid/Hunter. DK might be ok but hunter has more than enough peels for him especially in the way of undispellable webs (priest too if Void Tendrils, which they probably will be vs DK). I usually play with a mage friend on my disc and my lock, and if you can just follow up his CC with something, it's usually more than enough to force cooldowns either in way of a trinket or defensives. A good mage will also be able to eat a good chunk of your traps, so there's that.

Good luckkkkk
    I went 12-0 as Rdruid/Ele at 1800 mmr but that was cap.. He has absolutely no gear. I think he started on i366 that day. Rdruid/Mage is definitely something I can do but I need to try Rdruid/Warr again. It's such a strong comp and nothing can beat us apart from Disc/Hunter atm.

You're not a Disc Priest, better luck next season !

Friend got 2200 in 2s running Disc/Feral, without skype rofl.

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    You're not a Disc Priest, better luck next season !

Friend got 2200 in 2s running Disc/Feral, without skype rofl.
    I capped my girlfriends Disc Priest for conq and enjoyed it too much, found a feral and played to 1900, 2050mmr as Disc/Feral without Skype. Can't go further because gear sucks and I have shit all spirit on it. 2s without Skype is incredibly easy ;d unless you play rdruid/hunter and you clone a scatter trap -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Sevaara View Post
    I capped my girlfriends Disc Priest for conq and enjoyed it too much, found a feral and played to 1900, 2050mmr as Disc/Feral without Skype. Can't go further because gear sucks and I have shit all spirit on it. 2s without Skype is incredibly easy ;d unless you play rdruid/hunter and you clone a scatter trap -.-
    Not any easier than running 3s without skype if you play classes that aren't full retard mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    Not any easier than running 3s without skype if you play classes that aren't full retard mode.
    Well, getting 2k in 2s without Skype and getting 2k in 3s without Skype is a huge difference. I sort of think of 2k in 2s being 1800 in 3s. I'm probably wrong in doing that but hey.

Deleted
    What about a decent retri pala? I find that class, unbeatable. So much burst, the shield should be deleted for 8 years ago.

Try it, a decent one and you break even 3k rating-

with the proper CC chain, bm/disc is farm, as is any comp. run with a hunter or a DK.
    Arena Master Elemental Shaman
    Maeros@Illidan
    http://www.twitch.tv/chroniclinex
    http://www.youtube.com/chroniclinex

Quote Originally Posted by parish View Post
    What about a decent retri pala? I find that class, unbeatable. So much burst, the shield should be deleted for 8 years ago.

Rdruid/Ret doesn't appeal to me but I might have to at this rate.

Deleted
    Rdruid/Ret doesn't appeal to me but I might have to at this rate.
    But take a decent one, they'll burst a million damage in a few secs.

But, theres a HUGE difference from an aight to a decent!

unless you play rdruid/hunter and you clone a scatter trap -.-
    Can't tell you how many times I played my alt rogue with my other friend's alt resto druid and he cloned 1/4 second before my blind... -_-

But take a decent one, they'll burst a million damage in a few secs.

But, theres a HUGE difference from an aight to a decent!
    I doubt you know anything. 3k rating isn't even attainable in this season, rets are also trash in 2s.

Deleted
    2.7k in 3s and can't break 2k in 2s? There's something fishy here and it ain't really fish.

EDIT: statistics says otherwise. What kind of exploit did you use? Just curious.
    Last edited by mmoc15cce0b569; 2013-07-22 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silfwerfisq View Post
    2.7k in 3s and can't break 2k in 2s? There's something fishy here and it ain't really fish.

EDIT: statistics says otherwise. What kind of exploit did you use? Just curious.
    2.7k achiv is on my Mage which I haven't played since Cata. I took a huge break and mained Resto druid. Since then I've had 0 partners for 3s because the realm is shit so I stuck to RBGs which still isn't great partner wise and only managed 2290. As for 2s, I just can't find better than good DPS.

15+ Year Old Account

Given the highest 2v2 team in the world is 2531 right now, that seems unlikely
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

And they're level 70. So even if you thought of going a different level bracket, you'd still not reach 3k xd

If you are having trouble with disc/hunter you should play with something that can help you with traps and something that can dispel.
    I would say the best you can play with is an enhancement shaman:
    - offensive dispel.
    - insane burst (i mean insane).
    - insane CC with you (hybernate, cyc, symb solar beam, hex, disorient, totem stun, roots).
    - grounding to absorb traps.
    - tremor to remove fear.
    - nice off heals.