Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Current PTR status of hunter DPS.

I've done much testing of the Hunter dps and yeah... it's fine right now TBH.

And yeah, i'm saying this being a Hunter who has cleared everything since the launch of the game on the hardest difficulty.
    Currently on the PTR, i have 550 Itemlvl.

I've tested myself in different states of itemlvl - 463(downscaling), 496(LFR fights), and in my own non-downscaled itemlvl.

I had the new tier 4 setbonus, and the 1st SoO trinket - The one which reduces 6 ability cds by 39%.

Which 463, i was able to pull out about 100k dps, easily.

With 496 Itemlvl, i was able to dish out a 400k dps burst, and had somewhat stable dps on 140k.

on 550 itemlvl, i had about 600k burst, and somewhat about 250-260k stable dps.

This is with the newest build, in the LFR group, we had a pre-made group of guildies who previously were much higher dps on me(on live), but now i'm competing with other classes/skilled people to be the #1 Dps.
    But there's a BIG difference on how you play your rotation on the PTR, if you're slightly off with your timings you'll get punished HARD and loose about 10-15k dps. (Yes it's that big).

I don't have logs right now, but i will do some later on.

What are your opinions? - whoever played PTR are more than welcome to comment.

ps. im pretty much bis geared on Live.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    What is the big difference in your rotation you mention?

When you say you are number 1 dps, do you think your dps has improved or has theirs lowered?

Deleted
    Which spec is this as?

10-15k dps for "slightly off rotation" sounds retarded considering Hunters press every button they have on CD. This entire post sounds like bullshit to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Corog View Post
    Which spec is this as?
    Beast Mastery

Those numbers are relative. Where did you achieve those numbers. Did you have all buffs, was the target fully debuffed, how big were the samples, was it vs a target dummy or in a raid, aoe fight or st fight.
    "on 550 itemlvl, i had about 600k burst, and somewhat about 250-260k stable dps." Where, when, how long was the fight. You can't just, "oh, i maxxed at 600k", that doesnt tell us anything.

Every PTR Steam i've watched i saw hunter doing significally lower dps then Rogue/Mage/Locks ....
    Last edited by Beoren; 2013-07-22 at 05:28 PM.

All done on singletarget fights, with partial AOE of 2-3 targets.

each fight lastest around 5-7 minutes.

Ill Leave this here.
    Source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9377368613?page=60#1192

"There are only so many ways I can say "We know that Hunter DPS is low and we will fix it when we're satisfied that we're done messing with the underlying mechanics." This thread has long passed from being constructive, and quite frankly, the PTR forums are not the place to vent.

We know your damage is low. We are going to fix it. If you don't believe that, that's your choice, but ranting about it isn't going to accomplish anything.

My apologies to the Hunters that are being rational and constructive, but it's well beyond time for this thread to be closed."

I should really find something worthwhile to put here now...

Quote Originally Posted by Artemol View Post
    I had the new tier 4 setbonus, and the 1st SoO trinket - The one which reduces 6 ability cds by 39%.
    So the other dps in your group, did they also have the Soo trinket to reduce cooldowns? Are they in full 4 piece teir? What is their ilevel?

Since you don't mention that it kind of seems like you are comparing apples to oranges.

Quote Originally Posted by Namarus View Post
    So the other dps in your group, did they also have the Soo trinket to reduce cooldowns? Are they in full 4 piece teir? What is their ilevel?

Since you don't mention that it kind of seems like you are comparing apples to oranges.
    Everything was downscaled to the exact same - same gear - every had the new tiers.

15+ Year Old Account
    OP you know they have done no tuning yet so any number you put out now won't matter. They only thing they have changed so far is the mechanics, by removing Readiness and increasing damage on Stampede (for PvE). After they start tuning number is the time to start DPS testing.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemol View Post
    Everything was downscaled to the exact same - same gear - every had the new tiers.
    Ah so it was all downscaled. You realise of course that hunters scale horribly. I'd like to see some numbers with top of the line gear to compare scaling numbers

They keep saying they haven't done the numbers tuning yet so why on earth are we comparing one class's unfinished damage numbers to another and writing the results off as "fine"?

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

should just close up all these threads imo.. literally no reason to waste time on number crunching when the number pass hasn't even been done yet.. It's like blizz is cooking you a steak and it turns up medium rare but you want it well done like the ones mages and locks and rogues are having.. so they say ok, give us a bit more time and we'll throw it back in the oven to cook it up.. Then you keep going into the oven to take samples and say 'hey look! it's still medium rare!'.. well no shit. Give it time. They said they'll buff us. Wait for it. When they make those changes, THEN start testing and give feedback on whether we're 'fine' or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    OP you know they have done no tuning yet so any number you put out now won't matter. They only thing they have changed so far is the mechanics, by removing Readiness and increasing damage on Stampede (for PvE). After they start tuning number is the time to start DPS testing.
    This. Shouldn't worry about numbers atm because they haven't been tuned yet.

A guy goes on PTR, mashes dummy's, and his guildies on a 200ms PTR, with unfinished classes and decides hunters are fine. Please think about it, before you post some nuisance.

- You are not a measure for all hunters
    - Your guildies arent measure for all classes
    - Classes arent finished
    - You provided no logs
    - No spec
    - No priority-s used
    - Used a trinket that might not even work the same
    - Used normal mode gear
    - Most of all - NEVER EVER EVER EVER tested a heroic fight in its full item level.
    - Can go on and on ...
    Last edited by Kibu; 2013-07-23 at 01:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibu View Post
    -
    -
    - Classes arent finished
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -

That's is all you really needed to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibu View Post
    - Used a trinket that might not even work the same
    A trinket that most ppl dont know that everytime you zone in, log in, change glyph, do anything you gota unequip equip again for it to work.

can you link your armory OP.