Deleted

Wrathion's intentions?

So as we all know from this expansion and 5.4 sound files, Wrathion is determined to defend azeroth from a looming threat. Let us for sake of argument say we KNOW it is the burning legion.

What do we think Wrathion's intentions are after we've defeated the legion/quelled the invasion/laid waste to argus? Is he trully benevolent in his wanting to defend azeroth or do we think we might be trying to defend our homeland from an invasion in order to take advantage of our weakened state afterwards?

Discuss

10+ Year Old Account
    In the end? Defend Azeroth from its true enemy:
    The Horde and The Alliance

10+ Year Old Account
    I think he intends to unify the 2 major factions by any means necessary and eventually rule this unified faction himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Talyria View Post
    I agree -- assuming the Horde/Alliance uniting, as in Velen's vision, doesn't essentially do this.

As an uncorrupted Black Dragon, Wrathion's driving desire is to protect Azeroth.

And I think ultimately Wrathion will be in conflict with the Titans, when it's revealed that Azeroth is a giant prison for an Old God. And I think you can already count the Old Gods among Wrathion's enemies.

And of course, although I'm not sure we'll ever actually fight him, I think we'll eventually oppose Wrathion. He may have Azeroth's interests as his own, but I think we'll come to an irreconcilable disagreement on tactics. Maybe we'll even come to recognize his methods were necessary, afterall -- perhaps he decides to try to destroy the Titans, and after they defeat him we realize they must be put down. Or something. idk
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Talyria View Post
    Aye I'm in a similar mind set. Or at least I think that we may not figure in his idea of what is best for Azeroth

Quote Originally Posted by El Plastico View Post
    I think he intends to unify the 2 major factions by any means necessary and eventually rule this unified faction himself.
    I don't know if he is one of those "take over the world" types. However, I agree that Wrathion will oppose the Titans in some manner and we will join him in bringing them back around. Corruption of the Titans and whatnot. We all know how much Blizz loves that corruption/redemption combo

10+ Year Old Account
    After the threat is dealt with I don't see him caring anymore. I mean, look at the other dragons. They never cared about the Alliance and Horde.

I do want to see him plan something evil afterwards though. WoW seems to be lacking in uncorrupted evil masterminds.

Really hoping he isn't becoming a villain afterwards, would suck so bad.
    Finally we have a really cool character, would be a shame to kill him off.
    Someone who in nature doesn't know the limits of good and evil like we do, he seems to be extreme chasing that goal but in a good way in the end, a cool way
    Would be awesome if he would grow up and later stand with us at the end against the Titans in some way and help us a bit, maybe there he can be killed off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    He will probably betray us (technically he already did if you are horde) for some retarded reason and will be like "you guise nevur see dat one cumin !!! Derp"
    And then we kill him.

He gives his intentions in 5.4

Spoilers!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    He gives his intentions in 5.4

Spoilers!!!
    He only talks about preparing for what lies ahead. There's no indication as to what his long term intentions are

10+ Year Old Account
    i think he wants to save his own skin by saving azeroth. he will do whatever it takes to preserve his home planet, we are just the pawns in his chess game.
    Hi