Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Here's how to stop the cash shop complains

It's quiet simple really. Have everything in the game drop in game but make it very rare.

That way, people who don't buy it have a chance to get it anyway by regular playing and people who do not want to deal with RNG can buy it from the store.

There, the sub fee is still used for developing items that are obtainable in game - and also blizzard can make more money of them.

Can anyone come up with a good reason to why this is a bad idea? It's basically 2 paths of obtaining the item, and it would make both sides happy.

EDIT: complaints..not complains :/

10+ Year Old Account
    A. Blizzard don't give a damn about people complaining about the Item Shop. Otherwise they wouldn't have implemented it.
    B. They make more money because it's not obtainable in game.

Two reasons why they won't be dropping in game. Only reason they possibly might be is if subs drop massively because of the item shop, and while I think they will lose some subs, they won't lose a huge amount just because of the items.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

15+ Year Old Account
    Or the children bitching about it can just shut the fuck up without anyone else having to put out their fires.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    A. Blizzard don't give a damn about people complaining about the Item Shop. Otherwise they wouldn't have implemented it.

Two reasons why they won't be dropping in game. Only reason they possibly might be is if subs drop massively because of the item shop, and while I think they will lose some subs, they won't lose a huge amount just because of the items.
    Just what Blizzard needed, another reason to make subs drop.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    Or the children bitching about it can just shut the fuck up without anyone else having to put out their fires.
    I feel like this is probably the best solution.

There's nothing for anyone to be complaining about, people are just stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post

so the only reason is basically money?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. Blizzard shouldn't give in.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    There's nothing for anyone to be complaining about, people are just stupid.
    Sure people having a different opinion than my own are stupid herpderp.
    Anyways not going to happen but well all the stuff is basically available with gold so just bot a bit. Making ingame items available with via ingame means would be the downfall of the mmo occident.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2013-07-20 at 03:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    You make this kind of post and you call people children? How ironic.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't be against everything in the cash shop now becoming obtainable ingame. Hell, it'd give me something to do on the occasional day I'm bored and don't feel like RPing, curbstomping dailies, or hitting up LFR, if they're all BoE drops. I'm sure a few of my guildies would love that, too.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Or Blizzard can do whatever the fuck they want with their own product and the people bitching about optional cosmetic features can grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Sure people having a different opinion than my own are stupid herpderp.
    More like "This has *zero* negative impact on anybody, but yet people still complain about, therefore they're stupid."

But you know, you don't like the truth so continue on believing what you will.

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    I wouldn't be against everything in the cash shop now becoming obtainable ingame. Hell, it'd give me something to do on the occasional day I'm bored and don't feel like RPing, curbstomping dailies, or hitting up LFR, if they're all BoE drops. I'm sure a few of my guildies would love that, too.
    I'd love a golden toilet seat. That doesn't mean Blizzard is obligated to send me one.

Meh, personally I take a lot from this classic Offspring tune in relevance to this kind of thing.

The cash shop is not a bad idea. People are mad that a business is trying to make money. Nearly all of Blizzards competitors utilize a cash shop for cosmetic items in game, Blizzard would be foolish to not take advantage of this market.

By making the items available for free in game they stand to lose money off it, I personally think this is a fine idea but from a business standpoint I wouldnt hold my breath.

The only thing Blizzard is doing wrong is the price, their items tend to be anywhere from 2-10 times higher than similar items from competing MMOs cash stores (for instance, I just happen to be logged into DCUO right now, the most expensive head piece item is 2 bucks). I can understand how people can get mad that a company whos prime revenue comes from subscriptions is charging that much for an item when a competing company who makes the majority of their profit from micro transactions is selling similar items at a fraction of the cost. If Blizzard lowered the prices of these items to a similar price I think not only would they please the community by not appearing to be too greedy, but they would probably make more money in the long run because more people would be willing to drop a couple bucks on something opposed to spending 15 bucks on a cosmetic in game item.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    How to fix complaints:
    If you can't afford it, don't buy it. If you don't want it, don't buy it.
    Fixed that for you.

Quote Originally Posted by rawrbearform View Post
    The cash shop is not a bad idea. People are mad that a business is trying to make money. Nearly all of Blizzards competitors utilize a cash shop for cosmetic items in game, Blizzard would be foolish to not take advantage of this market.
    You're missing one big point. I am sure you'd realize it.

Quote Originally Posted by James Tiberius Kirk View Post
    Fixed that for you.
    If you want it but do not want to support bad business practices..then you don't buy it..unless it is somehow dropped in the game. Funny how that fixes everything, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by rawrbearform View Post
    The only thing Blizzard is doing wrong is the price, their items tend to be anywhere from 2-10 times higher than similar items from competing MMOs cash stores (for instance, I just happen to be logged into DCUO right now, the most expensive head piece item is 2 bucks). I can understand how people can get mad that a company whos prime revenue comes from subscriptions is charging that much for an item when a competing company who makes the majority of their profit from micro transactions is selling similar items at a fraction of the cost. If Blizzard lowered the prices of these items to a similar price I think not only would they please the community by not appearing to be too greedy, but they would probably make more money in the long run because more people would be willing to drop a couple bucks on something opposed to spending 15 bucks on a cosmetic in game item.
    Hard to say that's wrong of Blizzard though. I mean, they'd have to sell 8x as many helmets if they were $2 instead of $15 in order to make the same amount of money. Sure, more people will buy them if they're cheaper, but 8 times more people? Unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Not sure the point of this. He likes cool looking and rare gear, he thinks the transmog stuff looks cool, but it isn't rare, so... He... Doesn't buy it? Like what exactly is the point. If you like the way the gear looks cool, buy it, if not then don't buy it, again, it doesn't have a negative impact on anybody at all.
    Last edited by Rucati; 2013-07-20 at 03:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    I'd love a golden toilet seat. That doesn't mean Blizzard is obligated to send me one.
    You obviously haven't seen my posts in other threads. I've got zero problem with the cash shop and plan to spend a good chunk of my discretionary budget next paycheck on helms to send to guildies, friends, and random people in Trade just for the hell of it, because I can and because I give an unfathomably small damn. I literally have no hobbies aside from WoW, games, writing, running, and movies and I can hold off on buying games off Steam and skip a movie or two this month to spread some love around the world (of Warcraft).

On the other hand, I'm also not opposed to buyable things having an ingame method for obtaining them for people that don't like spending money, because it actually worked out pretty well for D&D Online with the Drow and Warforged races and the Monk and Favored Soul classes, to say nothing of the gear on the Turbine cash shop.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!