Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Past time to give the Troll race a rest?

Are Trolls the most over-exposed nonhuman race in WoW? How many zones/settlements/dungeons and how much lore content has Blizzard given them over the years as compared to neglected races like the Gnomes and Tauren? Discuss.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to see a subset branch of Tauren that are evil and try to take over the world. A big bad smart ass tauren would be such a cool character.

i'm imagining like a tony stark tauren.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Stabbs View Post
    Are Trolls the most over-exposed nonhuman race in WoW? How many zones/settlements/dungeons and how much lore content has Blizzard given them over the years as compared to neglected races like the Gnomes and Tauren? Discuss.
    Considering their empires were not entirely destroyed during the sundering,unlike the night elven empire and that the trolls predate the Titan arrival is a good reason to give them a lot of lore.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    I'd like to see a subset branch of Tauren that are evil and try to take over the world. A big bad smart ass tauren would be such a cool character.
    I think there is already a group that somewhat fits that..............
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to see a subset branch of Tauren that are evil and try to take over the world.
    They're called Grimtotem, and I'm still hanging on for the day when Blizz finally lets me punch Magatha's teeth down her freakin' throat.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stabbs View Post
    How many zones/settlements/dungeons and how much lore content has Blizzard given them over the years as compared to neglected races like the Gnomes and Tauren? Discuss.
    I dont think that is a really bad thing.
    Cant very well have each zone/storyline always having completely new species/races. Its good to have some repitition and continuity
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    I think there is already a group that somewhat fits that..............
    Grimtotem are a single, and a probably small(in comparison to Bloodhoof) tribe. Not much for them to accomplish.

Deleted
    They make for good targets to kill since WC2. It was my favorite unit to trample, truth be told. But after 18 years of being cannon fodder, yes, it is time to give them a rest. They all seem equal, so I don't see the point of creating more "lore" for them. We have a good enough variety of colors to kill already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Troll race best race

Okay, I am in favour of less troll zones and less troll dungeons, though, since we get a lot of those every expansion and they are pretty overdone.

However, there should be more troll lore and storyline development, at least for the Darkspear. Although in general I'm in favour of all the playable races having more of that.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by madokbro View Post
    Grimtotem are a single, and a probably small(in comparison to Bloodhoof) tribe. Not much for them to accomplish.
    yet they did almost accomplish something very great. And Magtha proved herself to be very cunning and manipulative, much to Cairne's chargein

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Okay, I am in favour of less troll zones and less troll dungeons, though, since we get a lot of those every expansion and they are pretty overdone.
    think its safe to say there is plenty more troll content to come

10+ Year Old Account
    trolls are also the oldest [humanoid] race on azeroth, that is why they are everywhere to be found, they have spread to all corners of the planet since they first evolved.

Deleted
    I think we need to leave trolls for an expansion or two, which is why I'm hoping we don't get a south seas expansion next.

i'm imagining like a tony stark tauren.
    Isn't that what the Grimtotem are? lol
    Last edited by Deletedaccount1; 2013-07-22 at 07:42 PM.

I'm totally over with Trolls being the constant enemy alley (or in some way doing something evil). I've always been a fan of the Darkspear trolls but i'm soooooo sick of the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Miralynn View Post
    They're called Grimtotem, and I'm still hanging on for the day when Blizz finally lets me punch Magatha's teeth down her freakin' throat.
    It makes no sense for her to not be in Siege of Orgrimmar. Unless they have bigger things planned for her. They really shouldn't have bigger things planned for her.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe Mekgineer Thermaplugg can leave Gnomeregan with thousands of leper gnomes and arachnotanks, attack Ironforge, and then split his armies: half go north to take Undercity and half go south to take Stormwind. So everybody got to kick leper gnomes.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    It makes no sense for her to not be in Siege of Orgrimmar. Unless they have bigger things planned for her. They really shouldn't have bigger things planned for her.
    In what way does Magatha belong in SoO?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I quite like troll lore to be honest, i certainly prefer it over tauren and gnome lore (especially gnome lore, i prefer to ignore gnomes) only other lore i'd prefer is worgen lore.

You would think after all the times we've raided trolls they would have been mostly wiped out by now. Tired of killing trolls all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love Troll lore, though I was really looking forward back in classic to seeing the friendly Zandalari empire at their peak. Guess that won't happen.