Thread: Monkey runs?

Monkey runs?

Hey, me and my mate just got to 85 (monk and pala) And were thinking of a fast way up to 90. I heard some talk about monkey runs, but I cant find any good info on it around.

Anyone care to go abit into depth about it? Would be deeply appreciated ^^

- Warex

Quote Originally Posted by warex00 View Post
    Hey, me and my mate just got to 85 (monk and pala) And were thinking of a fast way up to 90. I heard some talk about monkey runs, but I cant find any good info on it around.

Anyone care to go abit into depth about it? Would be deeply appreciated ^^

- Warex

Google "Monkey runs WoW"
    Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    The day the Mythic Progression Thread isn't 95% trolling is the day Prime comes back to power.

Quote Originally Posted by Ktperry View Post
    Google "Monkey runs WoW"
    Well yes, but I would like abit more "in depth" info, as in all details, how to get max out of it. I realize its about killing all the monkeys before first boss etc. But how do you do it? Do you use LFD? or go there yourself? Do you need a 90 etc? how much gear is required?

Deleted
    monkey runs is a group on 5 ppl queing up for the instance stormstout brewery. what you do is you get ready to heal cos this requires concentration, the tank pulls whole the part till the boss (ALL the monkeys) when you are in the room where the boss comes up you pull all sides (left, right, and in the back middle) you get them all together and your dps aoe's them down. (note: at 40/40 monkeys they will run out of the room so make sure to slow/stun OR kill them in time!) meanwhile you get around 10 mil xp each hour of doing this

for any furter instructions i suggest you watch a video on youtube so you have a look how they work.

i hope this explains it and happy hunting

For what it's worth, all my research has said is that monkey runs are no longer remotely effective since Blizzard axed the EXP from the monkeys back in April.

What it was was simply getting a group of five and heading into Stormstout and obliterating ALL of the trash monkeys leading up to the first boss in a few big pulls using abuse of AoE then you'd just leave, reset instances and repeat. Nothing special required, no specific classes - just heavy AoE and quick-minded players. LFD was not required but if your group was pre-made, obviously specific-queue for Stormstout was most effective to avoid travel by foot/etc and avoids having to reset instance.

Edit - I just watched this video from June http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Al_rYZ95z9E (post 5.3, which brought the nerfs) and it looks like the guy gets about 200k from one monkey run, which takes less than two minutes - so with the 33% reduction, I think it's probably still a pretty solid way to level.
    Last edited by Olrox; 2013-07-23 at 10:14 PM.
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.

Quote Originally Posted by celelas View Post
    monkey runs is a group on 5 ppl queing up for the instance stormstout brewery. what you do is you get ready to heal cos this requires concentration, the tank pulls whole the part till the boss (ALL the monkeys) when you are in the room where the boss comes up you pull all sides (left, right, and in the back middle) you get them all together and your dps aoe's them down. (note: at 40/40 monkeys they will run out of the room so make sure to slow/stun OR kill them in time!) meanwhile you get around 10 mil xp each hour of doing this

for any furter instructions i suggest you watch a video on youtube so you have a look how they work.

i hope this explains it and happy hunting
    Thank you

BTW If you don't have 5 people nor u have a geared up lvl 90 tank that can self heal through the damage, then all you gotta do is get 1 tank (any lvl) and u (assuming ur a dps or heal) and queue for the stormstout dungeon. Make sure you aoe all the monkeys at the same time (let ur tank grab them all first), kill all the monkeys (make sure you got a XP banner up) and then kill the boss. Leave party and reque with your tank for the same place, rinse and repeat. For some reason we weren't getting the 15min timer to re-queue (prob cuz we were queueing as a pre-made group versus by our selfs?).

I level'd my mage pretty much doing this: i'd ask my buddy lvl 90 tank to run me through the stormstout dungoen just us two and we'd kill just the monkeys with a xp banner up, then leave instance and re-enter till we get the "too many intances" message. After that we'd just do what I mentioned earlier, queue for the dungeon using the dungeon finder, kill monkeys, boss, leave, requeue.

Deleted
    Did they nerf the larvas in dread wastes where u tag them and a 90 kills them for u? If not i remember leveling an alt for 4 hours from 85 to 90.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never saw them before 5.3. Can anyone explain why?