Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

What would you like to see from a new Underwater Zone?

Personally I loved Vash'jir, though I know most people didn't for various reasons. But I think there's still a lot of potential in underwater/deep sea zones like this, and I think something really great could be made if Blizzard took another go at it, and looked to what the players had to say about Vash'jir.

So yeah, if there were another zone like this, how would you like to see it differ from Vash'jir? Or what would you like to be kept from before?

-----

Personally I'd like a wider variety of mounts, more giant sea creature enemies (and perhaps tameable hunter pets for use in the zone too?), and gear with a very heavy underwater theme!

10+ Year Old Account
    I hated the underwater zones in Cata, so I will sit this one out

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Vash'jir was great, but one of a kind. No need for a Vash'jir 2.0. However, something similar with different gravity settings could be cool, if they do it properly (like Vash'jir). I usually hate combat underwater, but Vash'jir was done very well, albeit a bit buggy at the start.
    Warlock (SL main)

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved it. Do it again. Same way.

Some way for it to feel more natural.. Something about the underwater zone in Cata just didn't feel right control wise...

I liked Vash'jir honestly, the only complaint I really have about it is how disconnected it felt from the rest of the world...but that's also one of it's biggest assets. It's nothing like any other zone. I hated having to be mindful of elevation and monster aggro ranges. If they did another zone like this, add a range finder or some other easily interpretted method to understand where exactly you are in relation to the mobs around you.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    while vashjir was pretty i disliked the zone. underwater zones/areas just dont excite me in the slightest

Deleted
    All the water removed.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some kind of inclination as to where the entrance is for the tunnel in which you find your specific settlement/quest area/target/dig.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    I think exactly as vashj'ir was. I loved that zone it is one of my favorites in the game. So I would definatly like another zone like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to see another Vashj'ir, perhaps with a lot of underwater currents and scary areas. Vashj'ir was too bright a times. I'd love an area that is dark with only lighted fish in specific points to navigate...make it more realistic...it'd be fun!

Quote Originally Posted by DrStiglit View Post
    Some way for it to feel more natural.. Something about the underwater zone in Cata just didn't feel right control wise...
    gw2 did underwater areas rather well. i think the combo of how both gw2 and how wow did vash' would make for a rather sweet zone. i luv'd vash'jir, i though it was by far the most well done zone of cata, most unique and beautiful by far imo. would have liked more sea life in the area, and i think the implementation of 'currents' would have made for some interesting combat and quests.

Deleted
    some sort of underwater land so it doesn't feel like we are underwater in any way, shape or form.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a melee. Please no more underwater.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djaye View Post
    gw2 did underwater areas rather well. i think the combo of how both gw2 and how wow did vash' would make for a rather sweet zone. i luv'd vash'jir, i though it was by far the most well done zone of cata, most unique and beautiful by far imo. would have liked more sea life in the area, and i think the implementation of 'currents' would have made for some interesting combat and quests.
    I hated the underwater skill set in GW2. Sometimes it worked, but most of the time it just felt like I was useless underwater.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundertom View Post
    I think Vash'jir was great, but one of a kind. No need for a Vash'jir 2.0. However, something similar with different gravity settings could be cool, if they do it properly (like Vash'jir). I usually hate combat underwater, but Vash'jir was done very well, albeit a bit buggy at the start.
    Yes. I don't actively hate Vashj'ir, but it felt.. off. I just don't like WoW's swimming system. Everything felt painfully slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I'd love to see another Vashj'ir, perhaps with a lot of underwater currents and scary areas. Vashj'ir was too bright a times. I'd love an area that is dark with only lighted fish in specific points to navigate...make it more realistic...it'd be fun!
    Yes. I think the South Seas expansion with Nazjatar and Ny'alotha are likely to have loads of darker spots where N'zoth's influence seeps into the water. Deep sea stuff is the stuff that can induce nightmares in real life. I hope they use that potential well and replicate it in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't want to see a new underwater zone.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd want more naga battlemaiden quests. They were great fun.

Didn't she survive? I don't recall killing the one we play as, if she was unique... at all.

I'd like for the underwater zone to be a fountain in a village of a zone that has nothing to do with being underwater. Also known as I hope an underwater zone never happens again. Ever.

I too loved Vash'jir. It was a welcomed change from the same ole. My preference for the next X-pack would be South Seas. With lot's of underwater stuff. Along with Naga as a playable race. Or what I think would be even more awesome, playable shark race!