Deleted

Yet another Lei Shen 10HC thread

Hello fellow gamers,

My guild finally reached Lei shen!

We have already used 3 nights of progress on him, so far we have gotten him to phase 3 once and we actually managed to get him to 9%. This has only happened once tho.

Our main problem is failing in the 1st intermission, the 2nd one seems to be more forgiving.

Our setup for the intermission are

North: Shadow Priest, Fury Warrior and Resto Druid
    East: Rogue and Brewmaster Monk
    South: Disc Priest, Elemental Shaman and Balance Druid
    West: Mage and Protection Paladin.

We have other classes we can use which are the following

Blood DK, Hunte and 2 Warlocks.

If there could be made any change to the setups, I would appreciate any kinds of feedback!

Ps. the reason no warlocks are in the setup is because they were a no-show today. They are to be included in a future progress raid. Although, what should we swap them for?

Best regards
    Inza
    Last edited by mmoc4a75afbf19; 2013-07-22 at 10:10 PM.

if P2 transition is easy compared to P1 transition its one of your 2 groups that merge for the P2 that is failing, just check and see what their problem is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Inza View Post
    Hello fellow gamers,

We have already used 3 nights of progress on him, so far we have gotten him to phase 3 once and we actually managed to get him to 9%. This has only happened once tho.

Our main problem is failing in the 1st intermission, the 2nd one seems to be more forgiving.

If there could be made any change to the setups, I would appreciate any kinds of feedback!

Ps. the reason no warlocks are in the setup is because they were a no-show today. They are to be included in a future progress raid. Although, what should we swap them for?

Best regards
    Inza
    Having a Lock on this fight, makes things a lot easier tbh. I'd probably swap the best Lock for the Ele, cause the Ele can't really soak anything and Ele is rather crap this Tier:/

It's difficult to give much advice without details on what exactly is the failings that occur during the 1st intermission. Are people spawning extra Diffusion Chain adds? Are there deaths from Static Shock? Are Bouncing Bolts hitting and spawning adds where they shouldn't be? Are people being pushed off and/or not surviving Helm of Command? Overcharge hitting players on accident? Or just a combination of all of the above at any random time?

Your positions/setup for the intermission looks pretty solid. Though depending on your answers to the above questions, you might consider one minor change that we found helped our group quite a bit. Essentially, in the equivalent location of your West platform with the Mage and Protection Paladin, we opted to use our Shadow Priest and a tank instead of the Mage and tank in your example. The logic was, the Shadow Priest is still able to solo soak a Static Shock as needed, but when/if an add spawns, the Priest can root it for a very long time, and can also provide outgoing heals to both him or herself and the tank in question. A Mage of course can technically heal him or herself with Evocation (I believe, I don't play a Mage), but certainly not as reliably as a Priest.

I would also strongly recommend both healers get very accustomed to when they can and cannot step away from the "center area" of their respective quadrants, to move into heal range of the duo-quadrants to top someone up on health or throw a HoT/shield out before getting back into central position for the next set of Chain+Overcharge. As a healer myself, I typically hang out on the edge of the "inner circle" when Overcharge/chain are about to hit, and as soon as Overcharge hits, if it isn't in my quadrant (during the first intermission only of course), I know I am free for the next ~20 seconds to move wherever I please to heal other quadrants before I need to be back in position in case of Overcharge. Obviously your healers need to avoid moving into an existing Overcharge wave from another quadrant, and also be in position to soak Bouncing Bolts, but even after those occur you still get a solid 10 seconds very often to move over a bit, throw a few heals out, then get back in position.

I might also humbly suggest checking out one of the following video guides for this fight, which may give you some tips and tricks. There are two versions available, a Quick Guide and a Full Guide. Specifically look at the sections about intermission timings and positions, which go into more detail than I can do written down here, but the basic goals are to ensure each quadrant group has specific "areas" they are watching for effects like Bouncing Bolt, as well as where they are standing prior to Chain/Overcharge casts, so they always remain close enough together to step into a neighbor's Overcharge, while waiting until Diffusion Chain actually hits someone so they don't risk extra add spawns. Using the outside edge of the "inner circles" on each quadrant works wonders for this purpose.

Otherwise, just provide more insight into your issues, as well as World of Logs links if possible, and maybe I can offer more assistance.

Deleted
    You have alot of soakers, that's good.

Change your tank conduits for the first transition (I'd suggest soloing a lane as a tank, but that's just a preference)

Boomkin+Protpaladin (useful heals, can soak through cloak from rogue)
    SPriest+BrM (useful heals, can soak with dispersion)

How you spread the rest of your team depends on a few factors. Who are most likely to screw up? and what do they mess up on? If any of your melees feel like weak links, put melees+healer on one platform and you can almost eliminate diffusion adds on that one. Otherwise the spread between these two platforms isnt that important, as long as you spread your warrior and shaman (neither can solosoak reliably without a bunch of externals).

2nd transition will naturally feel easier as you just stack the majority of the raid on one platform.

Regarding the locks: assuming similar skill/gear, replace the shaman/warrior for both locks. Multiple gateways are nice, although only one is needed (lock needs to make sure to place a portal at the end of intermission 2, after the last helm of command - assuming you even need the gateway for intermissions).

I have no idea how your dps is, but if you need the 10% attackpower to push the boss fast enough you ought to use hunter+lock instead of 2Xlocks. Either way, all your dps+resto druid will be able to solo soak a static shock, leaving only the D.priest exposed at the end of P3.

Deleted
    Still got couple bosses left until lei shen but noticed a guild on my realm seemed to have used 3 tanks for their kill and they killed it in roughly 10 hours progress, which seems really fast(10man). The tanks was blood, brm and protadin, they're logs is private so could only see it trough wowprogress, which can change if they change spec.

Did they cheese the fight with 3 tanks or just good ?

Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    Still got couple bosses left until lei shen but noticed a guild on my realm seemed to have used 3 tanks for their kill and they killed it in roughly 10 hours progress, which seems really fast(10man). The tanks was blood, brm and protadin, they're logs is private so could only see it trough wowprogress, which can change if they change spec.

Did they cheese the fight with 3 tanks or just good ?
    How can you tell they 3-tanked it without having access to their logs?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post
    How can you tell they 3-tanked it without having access to their logs?
    "logs is private so could only see it trough wowprogress, which can change if they change spec."

Its the 'view raid' thing, but say your prot during the kill, change to ret and logout and update wowprogress, it will show ret. So its not 100% accurate
    This is why im asking, im just curious, we have durumu and animus left, so still a fair bit to lei shen myself

How is your brewmaster's damage? If it isn't that amazing and your dk can be swapped in that makes dealing with balls a lot easier in the last phase every other jump I believe. DK tanks can put out some great damage in 10 mans especially if they're decently geared and gem crit while reforging to haste, in dps gear. The only issue I am unsure if is solo soaking static on 10 mans for dks. You would also lose the taunt speed from your monk so you may have a little more damage when moving to pillars. But much less raid damage in the last phase because of gorefiend's.

What are you using the Fury Warrior for? If you need him to mass spell reflect every other Diffusion Chain, then I'd keep him in. However, I think your optimal raid comp is going to be found by swapping in both Warlocks for the Ele Shaman and the Fury Warrior. Be sure to have your Protadin spec Hand of Purity so he can Purity a Warlock if they have to Dark Bargain a Static Shock (it's not necessary, but it's immensely helpful).

Dropping the Warrior will make you lose the 10% attack power buff and the 4% physical damage vulnerability debuff, but Warlocks just put out more damage anyways and it won't hurt your tank damage badly since the AP buff is off of unbuffed attack power and not vengeance IIRC. You pick up two solo-soakers, two Gateways, tons of damage, and two more battle rezzes.

I'd just replace the Ele and the Warrior with the Warlocks and leave everybody where they are. I personally would put gateways on South and North so that the healers can focus on healing if they get Helm of Command, but it's totally up to you. The Rogue and Mage can both solo-soak twice. If your Rogue doesn't think he can solo-soak twice, then just swap him and the Mage. That way the Paladin can Hand of Sacrifice him for the second one.
    Last edited by Blizzhoof; 2013-07-23 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Changed where the Warlocks should go.

Deleted
    I know that the general idea is to usually put everyone who cant solo static shock on 1 side and then tanks together with soakers so u get different kind of split ups like 4-2-2-2 but i really dont recommend that since my guild did that a bit during progression and it just caused rng deaths when one of the solo soakers got a 2nd static shock and even if it can be handled with like a warlock portal or quick reactions your still gonna have a very bumpy time with it. So what we did was this then.
    the platform we overcharge first we put our paladin tank but a BrM or DK should also be able to do it.
    The platform we are moving the boss too we put the off-tank with together with 2 different solo soakers preferably also off-healers so an ideal situation is a boomkin and shadow priest which we actually had.
    The 3rd platform should have your best healer and your weakest dpser together with preferably your warlock(since yes they shine here)
    4th platform should take the rest of your players and also the tank that was soloing should come here for the 2nd transitition.

So how to play the transitions properly is also key. What we found as the solution to most deaths was that even if someone can solo soak the first static shock that comes out during the transition we take it together unless its rly chaotic alrdy on the platform. This makes it so that the 2nd static shock has a lot of a higher chance to be solo-soaked and since that one comes during bouncing bolts you wont risk spawning any adds either. So just remember always make sure that you have your cd up for the 2nd static shock so you can solo soak that one becuz its way more unsafe than the other ones.
    Another very important thing is positioning on your platform, you want to split the middle part of the platform like a triangle and put 1 player at each position so that no one gets caught by helm and you dont place bad overcharges or spawn more than 1 diffusion add. It also helps a lot in deciding whom should take which bouncing bolt.

Hello fellow gamers,

Best regards
    Inza
    Bench the shaman if healers aren't struggling, also the fury warrior, mass reflecting chain isn't needed on 10 man.

First transition:

Shadow, Warlock, Resto (Symb on Mage)
    Rogue, Mage, Balance (Symb on Rogue)
    Disc, Warlock, Prot
    Brewmaster

You can switch the balance to brewmaster side if offheals are needed or to prevent bouncing bolts "stacking" on a side during second transition.

Second:

Shadow, Warlock, Resto, Rogue
    Mage, Balance, Warlock, Disc
    Prot, Brewmaster

Harder part is last phase IMO, where you need a raid cds order and "drop" location for thunderstrikes, btw, you have a really solid setup for this fight. If you need more ideas, you can check my video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69YMvsjNU-c
    #yolo #swag

You don't really give much info on what goes wrong. For us we had 1 platform consistently dying/failing. We had two platforms that pretty much never failed ever. We swapped them about a bit to let the guys from the perfect ones mingle in with the worse ones. In paticular we had one platform with a Mage/Warlock/Boomkin (with Cloak) whcih worked really well, all of us could solo soak static so there was no need for healing really, the Boomkin would throw a few hots and heal any Helm target.

We also found assigning set positions on the platform worked well. We all stood inside the circle pattern so as not to spread stuns to other platforms. We stood in a triangle with the best movement player at the bottom (for helm) and the other two equally on either side.

Another important thing is to always wait for the Chain before moving in to Overload. Otherwise you start to spawn more adds.

The first transition is defintely the hardest part of the fight on 10s. Once we had that solid it died in a few more pulls. For second transition we used 2-6-2 platforms similar to your phase one tank ones (tank + mage and tank + rogue). If you do use your Ele shaman make sure he's on a platform with a healer, ours was going splat a lot.

Transitions = Communication, at least one person on each side should be calling for timers.
    #yolo #swag