Page 1 of 2
LastLast

5.4 comeback comps!

Alright so after 5.4 goes live I am thinking the following comps will be making a huge come back.

1. RLS
    2. Shadow Play
    3. Shadow Cleave

Sadly MLS will be no more but that's a thing of the past now anyways. What I am really excited to see however is the damage comps like splay and scleave will be doing. I feel after the dmg buffs to affliction the 3 comps that I mentioned will do better than they ever previously have. A lot of that being because we will have two dark souls we can spam haunt s which are hitting as hard as chaos bolts and soul link will be healing us for all the damage we will be doing.

What are you guys thoughts on this and other comps that could make a come back?

Deleted
    I suggest the Hunter +WW+ Heal comb will be a lot better after the patch, even though its nice atm and isnt rly a comeback

Deleted
    Shadowplay and Shadowcleave is already being played, so that won't probably make as big comeback as RLS will, but the fotm comps will still remain to be LSD, ret/hunter/disc etc

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanmodx View Post
    Shadowplay and Shadowcleave is already being played, so that won't probably make as big comeback as RLS will, but the fotm comps will still remain to be LSD, ret/hunter/disc etc
    Shadow play isn't being played at any high rating either is shadow cleave. I also forgot to mention lock/monk/healer should be pretty viable as well.

i've always hated dot cleaves. that shits stressful.
    Arena Master Elemental Shaman
    Maeros@Illidan
    http://www.twitch.tv/chroniclinex
    http://www.youtube.com/chroniclinex

Deleted
    Thats the best part I love about them =)

Shadowcleave is good now and shadowplay is better now then in 5.4. Nothing much will change next patch regarding comps, maybe less frost mage ones.

Quote Originally Posted by CHRONIClinex View Post
    If you know how to properly manage the class casting the dots it shouldn't be a problem. The only time that they can get any real pressure out is when they start to gain momentum, such as a long CC chain on your healer, or they lock him on a cast.

With Aff taking double Dark Souls Shadowcleave is going to be terrifying if played right in 5.4. Garg +Necros + 40s of Dark Soul'd Afflic damage? Jesus. O_____O

10+ Year Old Account
    fire/aff MLS is still pretty nasty on ptr..why do you think this will be bad?

anyways, comback comp imo after playing it on ptr this week - RLS.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Natixsphere View Post
    Alright so after 5.4 goes live I am thinking the following comps will be making a huge come back.

1. RLS
    2. Shadow Play
    3. Shadow Cleave

Sadly MLS will be no more but that's a thing of the past now anyways. What I am really excited to see however is the damage comps like splay and scleave will be doing. I feel after the dmg buffs to affliction the 3 comps that I mentioned will do better than they ever previously have. A lot of that being because we will have two dark souls we can spam haunt s which are hitting as hard as chaos bolts and soul link will be healing us for all the damage we will be doing.

What are you guys thoughts on this and other comps that could make a come back?
    i have to point out that basically 1 in every 10 haunt will crit and it will never crit as hard as a CB.. and soul link w/ battle fatigue will only heal for about 400hp on a UA dot... but they are good changes. the best change in the soul swap spread change coupled with shifting dmg to the dots from MG.

i also notice good teams instantly killing my pet when they see i'm playing link..it's actually a problem because its faster than i can do anything about it.

15+ Year Old Account
    RLS will be Tier 2.

Shadowplay will be like Tier 3 or 4, no idea why the OP thinks that will be good. I'd like to hear the theory there?

Shadowcleave will be Tier 2, maybe Tier 1 - Frost+Affliction could actually be really really good with the new Glyph of Pillar of Frost: and that gives them enough burst to score kills quickly versus other Alpha Strike comps (Thugcleave/Ret+Hunter/RMP).

MLS / MLD will be Tier 1, maybe Tier 2.

Ret + Hunter + Disc will be Tier 1, probably top comp.

Enh + Hunter + Disc will be Tier 1.

LSD will be Tier 1, maybe top comp.

MSD could be Tier 2, maybe Tier 1.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

What about warrior for 5.4? Still useless?

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    RLS will be Tier 2.

Shadowplay will be like Tier 3 or 4, no idea why the OP thinks that will be good. I'd like to hear the theory there?

Shadowcleave will be Tier 2, maybe Tier 1 - Frost+Affliction could actually be really really good with the new Glyph of Pillar of Frost: and that gives them enough burst to score kills quickly versus other Alpha Strike comps (Thugcleave/Ret+Hunter/RMP).

I am assuming you have never played shadow play I could be wrong anyways Why wouldn't shadow play be good??... Aff dots are being buffed and I don't believe anything really drastic is happening to shadowpriest. I really dont see MLS being good anymore due to the mage nerfs maybe fire mls could be decent but we will just have to see.

I do agree with you about LSD it will be very very strong as long as people can survive ret/hunter or feral/hunter openers. As far as schadow cleave it has always relied on the dk stacking necrotics and than spreading aids the main reason it has not been strong at all this season is due to weak aff dots and frankly crappy peels. Now we will have howl baseline and shadow fury or death coil the extra cc will help the comp a good bit and allow it to become a very competitive comp again. But this is all just speculation I am going based off the current info that I have.

I enjoyed playing shadowcleave but maybe I was always running with not the greatest locks because we had problems landing kills at 2200. I don't so much like playing with hunters because I have to babysit my damage a lot to not break CC, so that is what I like about shadowcleave. Keep dots up on everything and hit what is a good target at the time. Wait for cooldowns and push in on your kill target. Allowed me to play defensively which is what DK needs in a comp really. I also played RLS in cata as rogue and that was super fun. I really liked that playstyle a lot and I hope that type of play comes back. I am honestly getting a little tired of the rush down comps or the triple DR CC comps. Seems like there is no middle ground. You either are not playing your character because you died in opener or because you are eating 20 seconds of CC.

10+ Year Old Account
    After a bunch of games of LLD (good old sl/sl sl/sl rdruid, kinda) on the ptr I might as well try this on live if everything stays as it is right now. Spread some dots, pop dark soul(x2), trow some haunts and random cc and laugh at their healers mana bar. If you can survive the opener of the other team, it's pretty much a guaranteed win due how insane your pressure is.

I still think resto druids are gonna be better than shamans, by far.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    After a bunch of games of LLD (good old sl/sl sl/sl rdruid, kinda) on the ptr I might as well try this on live if everything stays as it is right now. Spread some dots, pop dark soul(x2), trow some haunts and random cc and laugh at their healers mana bar. If you can survive the opener of the other team, it's pretty much a guaranteed win due how insane your pressure is.
    That does sound like fun
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Thats pretty much what I have been thinking. I am also really surprised that they are giving us Two dark souls and buffing our dots... Best bet for aff locks after 5.4 goes live is to get as high as you can rating wise and than sit it for glad because mark my words the nerfs will come fast and hard!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    RLS will be Tier 2.

hard to disagree with most of this.

LSD top dog if nothing changes enh / hunter / disc tied for that spot. pally / hunt / disc in there too.

i dont agree with shadowcleave being t1.. i dont feel like dk's are in a good place atm. i think any ele or hunter team will just destroy them, but who knows.

- - - Updated - - -

dispelling at the wrong time would be funny against this ^^.

what were you playing it @? what gave you trouble? i might try this today.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Natixsphere View Post
    I am assuming you have never played shadow play I could be wrong anyways Why wouldn't shadow play be good??
    i play this alot on ptr and live.

spriests won't hold up. windows are small..they'll be running the kills and the way they are in 5.4 it's just a train fest on them and they cant get your healer out of cc as well they used tho.

it's not great.. it's better than live.. but still not t2 or 1.

edit OT - i stand by RLS seeing the biggest boost next patch!
    Last edited by Lulbalance; 2013-07-24 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumaw View Post
    What about warrior for 5.4? Still useless?
    Pretty much, warriors will be 100% useless (unless your god mode, then you will be somewhat viable).

And wow am i not surprised that there will still be caster comps going out there, (LOL 15% reduction taken out QQ OMG).

Not sure why people think hunters will still be dominant... pets are already getting killed by warlock teams, and with locks getting buffed i doubt hunter teams will be number 1.
    i expect RLS/shadowcleave to be great, and LSD to be the "leave cleave" and teams that still use BM hunters to be "lol free win"