Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The one Landscape that Blizzard hasn't thought of Yet: Microverse

A world seen only at the level of an Electron Microscope. Specifically the Titan's Microscope. There you can find a real set of Horric Mosters and incredible landscapes. We've seen the Frozen Tundra, Outer Space, Almost the center of the Earth, even the insides of a living organism (Old God Stomach/Braincase) but we haven't seen a Microverse.

The Biggest Twist to this Microscopic world would be the hardest to grasp. That as tiny as these microscopic parasites are to their Gigantic Hosts they would be as large as an Dragon Aspect to Us because these "Microscopic" Organisms are living on the inconcievably Gigantic Titans themselves.

In Short (no pun intended) in terms of scale it goes: Humanoid Bacteria< Humanoid Fleas < Us(Humanoids) < Giants < Titan's Bacteria < Titan's Flea < -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- < Aesir Titan < Vanir Titan

Possible Raid Bosses:

Possible environment are almost limitless but heres one:

Edit: Imagine a giant Virus trying to latch onto your character (Scary stuff)
    Last edited by Lastlivingsoul; 2013-07-23 at 05:01 AM. Reason: Added one more image cuase it creeps me out to think of a giant one of these

Deleted
    Ok.

Now explain to me how this could possibly fit in a world with Giants, Dragons and Gnomes.

Quote Originally Posted by GuniorBinda View Post
    Ok.

Now explain to me how this could possibly fit in a world with Giants, Dragons and Gnomes.
    You mean how this couldn't?

It sounds sarcastic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah...keep your science lesson out of my fantasy rpg.

EDIT: Might work better for Starcraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    This could possibly be the greatest expansion concept thread ever started.

It could also be the worst.

Depends on your point of view.

Well, Blizzard does a lot of very large-scale things already, like the giant mushrooms in Zangarmarsh and Magmaw, for example. Those are things kind of similar to what you're showing here.

I find viruses to be horrifying little automatons and this would be a really, really interesting direction for Blizzard to take with some environments, but I don't know if or how it would fit, or what reason it would have to exist over Blizzard's current story thread options.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the scenery would likely get old and fast.

The more I think about this, the more I imagine Monstro from Kingdom Hearts.
    Last edited by Nadev; 2013-07-23 at 05:44 AM.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

10+ Year Old Account
    It wouldn't fit or suit wow at all. So to this I say no

You know, a zone or something based on this might be amazing.

I don't actually think the titans are big enough to have bacteria and parasites that big? I mean I'm no expert so i really don't know, but I've never visioned them that big. 'Specially considering all the trouble the legion and old gods have/are giving them. Then again in the real world us humans are in a way fighting a war against bacteria and the like so i guess it could be possible.. Doesn't feel right in my mind, though, if that would be the case. Seems a whole less epic if the legion and old gods were essentially just a really bad virus for the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Kloun View Post
    This could possibly be the greatest expansion concept thread ever started.

It could also be the worst.

Depends on your point of view.
    Actually its all about point of veiw. We were told the Titans are actually close to Planet size or larger and actually Shape planets. Since the Titans actually work from a distance in all things it would give a valid excuse why they never show up in person even when the shit has hit the fan so many times. Also the sterile environments as well as the Petri Dish like Zones like Un'Goro and the Scholazar basin.

Another perspective would be to consider, on a real cosmic scale to an amoeba floating in a pond the closest thing to an All Knowing Omnipotent being with the power to create and destroy is the human researcher looking at it through a microscope. The Worst thing an Amoeba couldn't concieve of in its worst nightmares is the man in the Bulldozer destroying and paving over the pond to make a parking lot. Legion = Bulldozer, Titans = Researcher/Scientists.

This concept isn't even that far out there since we see Giant Insects, and "Old Gods" that look like Moldy cheese every day. Look at that first picture and ask yourself what that reminds you of in Wow.

Deleted
    Remember the Titans are very big, they could have just enlarged some sort of "petri dish".

I think this would be a really awesome concept for a zone, not a while expansion, just one zone. If we ever need another un'goro, sholazar or vale of eternal blossoms this should be it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oooh, new class idea:

Quote Originally Posted by Saishiro View Post
    I don't actually think the titans are big enough to have bacteria and parasites that big? I mean I'm no expert so i really don't know, but I've never visioned them that big. 'Specially considering all the trouble the legion and old gods have/are giving them. Then again in the real world us humans are in a way fighting a war against bacteria and the like so i guess it could be possible.. Doesn't feel right in my mind, though, if that would be the case. Seems a whole less epic if the legion and old gods were essentially just a really bad virus for the Titans.
    Consider this and chew on it a while. What if the Old Gods ARE the Titan's bacteria/Cancer. Maybe that why they never completely kill it but dissect them to find a cure.

Worse yet what if an irresponsible Titan tried to Engineer a Cosmic Virus as an BiologicalWMD.

Deleted
    they look like AQ bosses tbh

10+ Year Old Account
    what if the next expansion shrinks us down to find this new world right under our noses.
    Hi

Maybe these can be used for some boss models.

OP must be Kil'jaeden in disguise trying to convince us to all get excited for some microscopic adventure. Then as soon as we get shrunk down - SPLAT! Giant, evil, magic flyswatter takes us all out with one well-placed smack.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    what if the next expansion shrinks us down to find this new world right under our noses.
    Again I think nobody is reading the post. No offense.

We never shrink. We just realize How Monumentally large a Titan is and how insignificant yet important we are.

Before you read this wall of text the whole thing can be summed up by saying the Titans could have human sized parasites like the Cloverfield Monster had or the Kaiju Skin Beatles from Pacific Rim. Since the parasites are too small to smush you make smaller monsters to smush them, Mogu, Vrykul etc. This also puts the Old God's and Titans out of "God" Territory and into the "Playing God" field which story wise works better. Insomniacs Wall of Text incoming.

My last way of thinking about it for the night: Our size and importance to the Titans
    Imagine the government has sucessfully created Nanomachines that can do what they are told and root out infection within the Human body. They deploy these machines regularly within sick patients until something goes wrong. The Nanomachines come into contact with a Cancer that can beat them and turn them into viruses. Newer, more adaptive and different models are used and they work well but once their purpose is achieved they are left to wither away, forgotten and the source of the Cancer is sealed, for now.

Now within that analogy that Vrykul, Mogu etc were (To the Titans) already microscopic Automatons (Nanomachines) sent to root out the "Cancerous" Old Gods corrupting the Azeroth. Old God's adapt/evolve/spawn so do newer Models of Mogu etc. If the Old Gods are Cancer Cells and Silthid are like mites on a microscopic scale there are tons of more horrifying monsters to be found in close proximity to the Titans. Things that feed/live off of them as big as they are.

Where would you find these Macroscopic (to us) Viruses, Bacteria(Possibly Old Gods), Titan impurities?
    Since the real question is where would this happen I would say Anywhere where a Titan would be damaged, wounded or infected to that degree. Like an unclean drop of Blood. Fun fact the Well of Eternity is rumored to be the Blood of the Fallen Titan Sargeras and the Silthid are said to be born from it. You could find similar Titan impurities Volcanic Crater similar to Un'Goro but only given a few specs of life(bacteria/virus) on a gigantic glassy Plateau similar to a petri dish wold be a good place to fully realize how small you are without shrinking an inch.

The difference is that the Humanoids are sentient and now peering back up through the Microscope up at their creator. As the potential cure for a Galactic Cancer we could be the most important insignificant specs in the universe to the Titans.
    Last edited by Lastlivingsoul; 2013-07-23 at 08:56 AM.

can u give the photos sources or names of the first (two/one) bacterias?
    these things are fucking disgusting