Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

What will happen at level 100?

So we've been bouncing 95 and 100, 10th year anniversary, and final expansions around. But one common trend is everyone has their own thoughts on what will be special about level 100.

So let's set aside a thread for those thoughts. Not for debating 95, not for debating classes, just to debate what'll be the big thing at level 100.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    By that point I hope they have a catch-up mechanic for leveling if you've already leveled one character from 1 to 100. Otherwise people are going to start crying

Nothing, Blizzard themselves have said it's just a number. There's nothing special about it that couldn't happen for other level caps.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Deleted
    Nothing.

It either ends there and we'll have progression in another way like Diablo has Paragon, or we'll continue on leveling.

I honestly don't think something special is planned around level 100 other than the usual mail from a lore character with un-vendorable fireworks.

Is it negative response day here on MMO Champ? I think I missed the e-mail...

Blizzard said 100 is just a random number which don't mean sh*t to them. So nothing.

My bet is that expansion's endgame.

((Though I admit I wouldn't mind if Blizzard gave us that catch-up mechanic like Dars talked about.))

People will start speculating if the next expansion will be a level cap of 105 or 110.

10+ Year Old Account
    There'll be new raids
    The ongoing story will progress further
    There'll be new enemies
    And there'll be old enemies
    And there'll be enemies we've already heard of but hadnt seen yet
    We will open some doors
    Get on all the floors
    And everyone will do the dinosaur.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    By that point I hope they have a catch-up mechanic for leveling if you've already leveled one character from 1 to 100. Otherwise people are going to start crying
    I never understood that. Maplestory just increased their level cap to 250, google how long that will take you. WoW 1-100 is pales in comparison.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clay View Post
    I never understood that. Maplestory just increased their level cap to 250, google how long that will take you. WoW 1-100 is pales in comparison.
    WoW's endgame (whatever the current level caps endgame is) is meant to be the game's main feature. Levelling's importance and enjoyability has become less and less important over time.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    So we've been bouncing 95 and 100, 10th year anniversary, and final expansions around. But one common trend is everyone has their own thoughts on what will be special about level 100.

So let's set aside a thread for those thoughts. Not for debating 95, not for debating classes, just to debate what'll be the big thing at level 100.
    What will happen? Well it will finally be over. FINALLY! No more WoW! No more expansion! No more cash cow casual bullshit! I can't wait!

Leveling as we currently know it ends.

Alternative character development (Path of the Titans) begins.

Probably not, but it'd be cool.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    i assume there will be a fireworks, and some sort of "special ding" animation.
    Hi

Because there isnt anything to do at all in maplestory except level. I play it from time to time.

Deleted
    it may not be the end of wow or expansions but i'm hoping it will be the end of levelling. 100 is a solid number to finish on and if there is more content after that then blizz should create a different type of character progression apart from just levelling to say 105 or 110.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I have been saying this for years, I know there are others like me that hate leveling and questing in general. They need to implement a feature so we only have to do this terrible task one time per expansion. and all your other alts are auto leveled.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post

You will unlock your very own pink armor of the Warrior Dragon Soul Tier - no matter class *grins*

But really, Blizzard stated that it's just a number, another goal. All that may happen, might happen before you reach 100 - new content and so much more.

Though, wouldn't mind getting an achievement for having 10x lvl 100 characters, with 1 of each class minimum. The reword should be a title after your name, "the Devoted"

*nods and grins* But seriously, we can't know till we reach that part.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Maplestory is only about leveling. World of Warcraft's primary game begins at the level cap.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    There'll be new raids
    The ongoing story will progress further
    There'll be new enemies
    And there'll be old enemies
    And there'll be enemies we've already heard of but hadnt seen yet
    We will open some doors
    Get on all the floors
    And everyone will do the dinosaur.
    I did not see that one coming.